[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, Version 1.8.01

Got it. I think my issue was less with Boolean and more with the rule editor. Not to mention that it changed dramatically right in the middle of me creating those rules. But I have it working now. Thanks to all for the help. Great community.

2 Likes

I was wondering about HRV and ERV (heat recovery ventilators and energy recovery ventilators).

The Ecobee API says you can change the runtime of the ventilator but I haven't seen any features implemented to do this. I assume it would be fairly easy to change.

I'm trying to integrate a custom made CO2 sensor to dynamically keep my indoor CO2 levels under 1300ppm.

I saw some stuff on Home Assistant where this feature wasn't available there (Upgrade Ecobee Dependency and Add Ecobee Ventilator Related Services and Attributes by ShaneQi · Pull Request #51800 · home-assistant/core · GitHub) I wanted to confirm nobody had done it on Hubitat before I tried to hack something together with my pathetic programming skills.

I noticed that when using Smart Circulation that if the program is set to away, the minimum fan run time does not reset back to 0 and it still set to the last value. I created a custom rule to set it back to 0 when the program changes to away.

Just a suggestion maybe there should be a switch to reset back to 0 if program changes to away,

I don't want to come home to stale air. It makes sense to me that Smart Circulation should run while away to keep the air fresh. Maybe being able to select the modes it runs would cover all the bases :thinking:

Selecting the modes does not work as it just stop changing the time, but its still stuck on the last minimum fan on time that was set.

I was just saying maybe having an option to reset to 0 might be a good idea. Because generally smart circulation was to keep temps within a certain temperature ranges for zones not for stale air. If a mode changes to one outside of the ones I selected it would make sense that I would not want changes to happen. A radio button that says reset to 0 for "x" mode would be enough really.

The problem I had was when one zone is away because no one is in that zone for many hours smart circulation would try to match the temperature, and since the heat is set to a much lower setting the fan would be running non stop.

And unfortunately electricity where I live is extremely high and the fan is only a single speed air handler.

@storageanarchy could you look at this thread. I cannot use the thermostat tile in a dashboard for my Ecobee thermostat. It does not function. I used the method mentioned here and I am now able to update in the dashboard. This seems to only effect dashboards in a browser as I never had an issue using the HE mobile app

According to @bravenel a driver update is required.

An exemplar of how to do this correctly can be found in the public repo Virtual Thermostat driver:

I have three Ecobee thermostats in my house. Today I upgraded one of them to the Ecobee Premium. Ecobee App and Homekit reflect the newer thermostat. I then went into the HE Ecobee Suite app and selected the new thermostat (had a slightly different name from the prior one), and the old one was no longer listed. I then re-selected the new sensors.

However, HE devices were NOT removed and created to reflect the configuration change. How can I sync the new Ecobee config with the HE device list? The github readme seemed to indicate that was managed automatically.

I have not tested Ecobee Suite with the Ecobee Premium, so I don't know if it works seamlessly or not.

Are the old sensor and thermostat devices still showing in Hubitat devices? If so, delete them manually. Then check to see if the Test devices still exist - delete them manually as well. Then try adding the new thermostat and sensors to ES again...

Thanks! I removed the lingering devices, then fiddled with the Ecobee Suite device list, and now everything is good. Picked up the Premium thermostats and sensors with no issues. Thanks!

EcoBee Suite Updated December 12, 2022 at 1:30pm EST

Again my apologies for the silence. My wife & I have been travelling & RVing a lot this last 9 months or so, and I haven't had much time for my coding hobby.

Fixes & enhancements:

1. Added rudimentary support for the fanSpeed setting. Current value is reported in the attribute fanSpeed, and there is a new command setFanSpeed(speed) where 'speed' is one of ('low', 'medium', 'high', 'optimized'). Note that this only does anything if your HVAC and Ecobee both support changing the fan speed.
  2. Reformatted the supportedThermostatModes and supportedThermostatFanModes JSON_OBJECT attributes so that they work properly with Hubitat 2.3.3 and later dashboards & Rule Machine. This should also improve Apple HomeKit support if you expose the Ecobee Suite thermostat device to Homekit (instead of using native Ecobee integration with Homekit).

Files Changed:

• Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.8.56
  • Ecobee Suite Quiet Time, version 1.8.11
  • Ecobee Suite Routines, version 1.8.25
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Circulation, version 1.8.13
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Humidity, version 1.8.11
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Vents, version 1.8.15
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Zones, version 1.8.11
  • Ecobee Suite Thermal Comfort, version 1.8.20
  • Ecobee Suite Working From Home, version 1.8.21a
    (Fixed a typo on line 194 on 12/13/2022 at 9:45pm)

These changes are required for all Ecobee Suite users on HE 2.3.3 and later.

4 Likes

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL ECOBEE SUITE USERS

Because SmartThings has deprecated and terminated support for 3rd party Groovy-based apps and devices on their platform, as of today, Ecobee Suite's SmartThings support is suspended.

There will be no more verification of the code on the SmartThings platform (it isn't even possible) and I will begin removing all of the multi-platform code from Ecobee Suite so as to further optimize for the Hubitat-only environment.

This should not impact existing Hubitat users, and I will be taking some time to verify that I don't screw things up whilst "purifying" the code...

So long SmartThings, and thanks for all the fish!

4 Likes

Update just released, thanks for raising the issue.

1 Like

Thanks so much! Worth the wait.

1 Like

I kinda don't care because I can do what I want (set stat to low and high)...but reporting for completeness. Again, I really appreciate you adding this functionality. My ecobee is set up with a 2 speed fan and I have Low, High and Optimized as my options in the thermostat.

If I use the setFanSpeed I end up with the following in thermostat:
low -> Low
medium -> High
high -> Optimized
optimized -> Optimized

Welcome back @storageanarchy! Do you have any plans to add flair vent support to ecobee suite? It seems they have an open api.

Half of my Keen vents stopped working with constant flashing red led’s saying they are jammed and they don’t seem to be available for replacement for the past year. The native flair app actually works quite well coupled with ecobee suite, but I miss the ability to 1) open the vents for fan operation and then retun them to temperature dependent state when the Heat/Air conditioning switches on and 2) set partially open states rather than fully open/closed.

Hi, I upgrade to Ecobee Suite Manager 1.8.56 and I am no longer able to control my Ecobee's thermostat modes.

It was working perfectly with previous versions

I also update to HE platform 2.3.4.119 today. Not sure if that is related to my problem.

I will look into it tomorrow…pretty sure I’m just passing the string to the API, as per the documentation.

No current plans, as I don’t have any way to test them… That said, the “dimmer” mode of the Smart Circulation Helper might work for you…