[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, Version 1.8.01

You can also see the actual thermostat program by looking at the attribute "schedule" for each thermostat.

How would you expose the attribute as a separate device?

I don't know about ActionTiles, but in Hubitat Dashboard, you can create a tile that displays ANY attribute for ANY device.

Sorry....should have shared that I'm pushing everything to the homekit via makerapi and homebridge. You are right....in a dashboard you just specify the attribute you want. That doesn't quite work for homekit - but i'm looking into how that can be done....

Any luck? Appreciate you looking into this!

Ecobee Suite Updated on 5 August 2020 at 8:45am EDT

Fixes & enhancements:

• BIG NEWS!!! Ecobee Suite now works with the new Ecobee Authentication Services!

• This is a transparent change, so you should not have to do anything to get this to work
      • It is not even necessary to update your code (but you should, anyway)
    • Worst-case, you MAY have to re-authenticate to the Ecobee servers once
    • Works with both the Ecobee standard and the new 2-factor authentication schemas
  • Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.8.47
    • Now handles the new Eco+ demandResponsePreheat and demandResponsePrecool events
      (Cooling setpoint is reduced by Ecobee and your utility provider for a period of time before the setpoint is increased to reduce power demand)
    • Now recognizes Comfort Setting name change in the case when the new Comfort Setting is using the same setpoints as the current Comfort Setting.
      • Due to the way Ecobee is handling this situation, the new name will be recognized about 3 minutes after the scheduled change (longer if your polling cycle is greater than 1 minute)
      • The use case isn't all that strange: e.g., two nearly-identical climates named "Home" and "Home-Working", where the only difference is which Remote Sensors are included.
  • Ecobee Suite Thermostat, version 1.8.17
    • Remove extraneous debug log entry

These updates are recommended for all users

7 Likes

Thank you, Barry! I was able to enable it just now. As I mentioned a few weeks back in the SmartThings thread, I was just forced to enable ecobee 2FA to use their SmartCamera.

1 Like

YES!!! So excited for the new Authentication! It works great! Thank you for doing that!

1 Like

Did something change with thermostat driver? I do not seem to have a set thermostat setpoint button / command in the ui anymore.

edit to tag @storageanarchy

Thank you for this amazing app! Definitely going on load this up on my C7

I needed some clarification on this part of the documentation

One side-effect of the updated approach is that during the inital startup period update cycles will generally take longer, as the initial datapoints are saved for future changes comparisons. After this startup period (usually 10-20 minutes, dependent on the number of devices you have), things will stabilize and generally cycle times will shorten significantly.

It talks about startup period of 10-20 minutes. Is it referring to hub startup? Will just installing this app cause massive slow downs in hub reboot times?

The quoted discussion is regarding the VERY FIRST INSTALLATION, when Ecobee Suite has to initialize its internal states and variables. After 10-20 minutes, you should see cycle times of around 2-5000ms (2-5 seconds) - you can watch this in Live Logging for Ecobee Suite Manager.

The code has been extensively optimized to place the least load possible on your hub, and it should not noticeably lengthen reboot times. That said, the suite has a storage footprint that undoubtedly will increase the size of the backups (and a backup is made each time you reboot). If it turns out to be too much for your liking, you can simply disable and remove everything.

2 Likes

I haven't noticed any significant slow down after the initial matching process.

A+

1 Like

well i read the documentation and it is not part of the driver. I must be missing something as using set cooling setpoint seems to set incorrectly.

In SmartThings Classic, the only setpoint adjustment is the two up/down arrows to the right of the current temperature display. If the thermostat is Cooling, those buttons adjust the Cooling Setpoint; Heating they set Heating Setpoint, and if in Auto, it will attempt to adjust whichever ran last. Note that the setpoint adjustments also respect/enforce the HeatCoolMinDelta so that the heating setpoint isn't higher than the cooling setpoint.

1 Like

Ty. I was kind of thinking I had it wrong in my head.

@storageanarchy. Hey Barry. Any way to easily implement push notifications (I’m thinking text or email so that my wife doesn’t yell at me when it’s too cold) if the UES disconnects from communicating with the Ecobee login?

If ES Manager gets disconnected from the Ecobee servers, it SHOULD reconnect automatically. If it can't reconnect for and hour, it sends out a notification - on Hubitat, you can send notifications to any Notification Device, including the Hubitat app on your phone, or even via Alexa (using the fantastic Echo Speaks app).

1 Like

Lol I heard my alexa start talking about my ecobee devices the other day. I had forgotten about it.

Is it possible to control the eco+ status with this app? In the actual ecobee app I can disable eco+ for 1 week at a time. Is there a way to automate this because apparently my power company has control over my thermostat when eco+ is enabled and I can't completely disable this feature without jumping through a bunch of hoops. If I can just automatically disable weekly through an automation it would be great.

My understanding that eco+ can only be enabled/disabled with their app. I was invited into the beta I enabled it for 1 month and found it useless. I had to send a email to have it disabled because at the time there was no easy way to disable/unenroll on their site or the app.