[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.7.**

Do we need to update anything other than the main Ecobee Suite app?

Yes, actually, you should update all 14 files this time around - all the helpers had to be modified to add the Global Pause function, and there are fixes for several of the Helpers that needed Manager & Thermostat updates...

Thank you!!

Major update released for entire Ecobee Suite on 22 June 2019 at 10:00am EDT

(Actually, I slip-streamed this update over the past 48 hours while several users validated the fixes)

This update greatly improves performance and response time for all the Helpers, while fixing some significant bugs in Contacts & Switches, Smart Circulation, Smart Mode, and Smart Vents. These fixes required updates for the Manager, Thermostats and Sensors.

This release also introduces one piece of new functionality: Global Pause. This allows you to pause ALL of the Helpers with a single toggle, which is found at the top of the Helpers page withing ES Manager. Of note, Global Pause only pauses Helpers that are not currently paused, and will only un-pause those Helpers that weren't already paused when the Global Pause was toggled on. This allows you to "park" seasonal Helpers (for example) yet still utilize this new ability.

This release requires you to update all 14 files of the Ecobee Suite

This release is strongly recommended for ALL users

When I try to save the code for Contacts and Switches I receive this message:

unexpected token: * @ line 1059, column 2.

My bad - I accidentally double-pasted Open Contacts into the repository - the fixed version is 1.7.21

Edit: 1.7.21 also includes a double-check contacts & switches before turning HVAC on/off

Ecobee Suite Contacts & Switched Updated on 23 June 2019 at 6:15pm EDT

• ES Open Contacts, version 1.7.23
    • Fixed unschedule() - wasn't cancelling a scheduled change if the sensors/switches were reset, so the HVAC would be turned off even though it should have stayed on (and vice-versa).

While probably not the last bug, the work over the weekend seems to have tremendously stabilized Contacts & Switches. After installing this update, please let me know if you still have issues with it.

1 Like

Just made the switch from SmartThings to Hubitat and got the Ecobee Suite installed, but having issues with setting the temperature from the dashboard. After setting a new cooling temperature, the changes isn't being pushed to the Ecobee. The log shows this error:

dev:129 2019-06-24 12:39:23.464 am error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.Integer.isNumber() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] on line 3293 (updateThermostatSetpoints)
dev:129 2019-06-24 12:39:23.411 am info updateThermostatSetpoints(): heatingSetpoint 50°, coolingSetpoint 76.0°

Fixed in ES Thermostat version 1.7.18

The "import URL" seems to point to the wrong page in the Thermostat source code.

Fixed in the update posted this morning (both ES Thermostat and ES Sensor).

Thanks!

211 Users, and Counting!!!

As of this morning, we have 211 users who have registered the Ecobee Suite 1.7.**!

That's 164 on SmartThings, and 47 on Hubitat...

3 Likes

This feels like a noob question, but I need to ask it. What is the best way to update the code? I have gone into the driver code, hit the import button, hit ok/save but it doesn't pull the new code down. Any suggestions on this are appreciated, sorry I couldn't figure it out myself!

You may need to cut/paste the import URL by hand the first time - I had the wrong URL for ES Thermostat before version 1.7.19, and for ES Sensor before version 1.7.06. Once at those versions, you shouldn't have to cut/paste anymore (HE remembers the Import URL for Applications).

Ecobee Suite Updates posted on 26 June 2019 at 2:40pm

• Ecobee Suite Manager version 1.7.22
    • Handle null temperature during initialization
    • Stop thermostatOperatingState from incorrectly transitioning through "idle" when equipmentStatus changes
    • Added support for the following additional equipmentStatus values:
      • ventilator, economizer, compHotWater and auxHotWater
  • Ecobee Suite Thermostat version 1.7.20
    • Added icons and text status for the following additional equipmentStatus values:
      • ventilator, economizer, compHotWater and auxHotWater

IMPORTANT NOTES

1. I do not have any of the 4 new components installed in any of my HVAC systems. I have attempted to cover all the possible cases of these devices, but there may be issues.

2. The vent options (ventilator & economizer) will only display if the only other equipment running is the fan or the equipment is idle. If the vents run during heating or cooling, this will not be reflected in thermostatOperatingStateDisplay or equipmentOperatingState

3. The hot water options will display when the thermostatOperatingState is one of ["heating", "fan only", "idle"] - I think this is the correct handling. *HotWater will also override the display of heat stages in the operating state icon.

If you run across any incorrect displays, please let me know ASAP.

These updates are recommended for ALL users of Ecobee Suite

1 Like

Ecobee Suite Thermostat version 1.7.21 posted 27 June 2019 at 11:20am

• Fixes null value in setFanMinOnTime

This fix is recommended for everyone

(@ryanwalexander - this one's for you, too!)

1 Like

Ecobee Suite Updates posted 4 July 2019 @ 6:45am EDT

Fixes include:

• Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.7.23
    • More code optimizations for better performance & reduced overhead
  • Ecobee Suite Mode/Routines/Switches/Programs, version 1.7.13
    • Fixed holdType() and getEcobeePrograms() bugs
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Mode & Setpoints, version 1.7.11
    • Fixed typo in mode change logic

Additionally, I have posted a pre-release update to Smart Mode & Setpoints that adds the ability to change programs in addition to the thermostat mode based on outside temperature. This is NOT in the master tree, but can be manually copied from this URL. I would appreciate hearing from users who try this before I post it for general release.

These updates are recommended for everyone.

Barry, just an FYI, with the issue I was having under the built-in Ecobee integration not being able to authenticate (see the thread)

I installed your apps and driver and the same error comes up. Something funky is going on and the Habitat support has not yet responded to my support emails.

Can you share with me the Live Logging for Ecobee Suite Manager - we are looking for any error text that might explain the problem...

Silly question on this

Are you able to use all your own devices temp readings to calculate an average temp instead of ecobees room sensors?