[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.7.**

Sorry I am so slow in getting things done. I am traveling and relaying requests to the family when I am done with meetings. I will try that next. :grin:

No worries - it can wait...I'm pretty sure it will work, because it's working for me. I just want you to be satisfied that the problem is fixed...

Take your time...

Ecobee Suite updated on 8 June 2019 at 9:00am EDT

This update includes modifications to every device driver and application in the Suite

Updates include:

• Fixes for Contacts and Switches
    • Current users no longer have to edit and reset preferences
    • Fixes conditions where HVAC was not turned back on when conditions were met
  • Fixes for Ecobee Suite Manager and Ecobee Suite Thermostat
    • No longer sends or displays null temperature value
    • No longer requires Notification targets
    • Properly displays Hubitat context everywhere, including in authentication pages
  • Housekeeping for ALL files
    • Eliminates all use of private declarations, as directed by SmartThings (due to grails issue)

This update is MANDATORY FOR ALL USERS - please be sure to update all 14 files!!!

Ecobee Suite Contacts & Switches updated 8 June 2019 @ 6:15pm EDT

ecobee-suite-open-contacts.groovy version 1.7.10

• Fixed statModeChange() event handler - was preventing thermostat from being turned back on.

This update is recommended for everyone using Contacts & Switches

How frequently is the temperature polled from the thermostat? I'm using it to trigger an outlet for a window AC unit and it would be nice to know how often the HE polls for the temp or if the polling frequency is adjustable.

The polling frequency is configured in ES Manager Preferences. Default is 5 minutes (IIRC), you can set it as low as 1 minute.

1 Like

Sorry for newbie question :cold_sweat:, but how do I go about updating this? This is my first time doing an update of Ecobee Suite.

YF

Just installed this today. Like what I see so far. I replaced at several Rule Machine rules with this one app.

PROBLEM: In my thermostat, I have an away profile. But when Ecobee Suite switches to that profile (when HE mode changes to Away), it changes thermostat to Auto mode instead of the Cool mode it was on. Am I missing something? I really don't like to use Auto mode on the Thermostat.

@danfox52

Is it possible that the Away program was defined/saved with Mode == Auto? The Mode/Switches/Program helper doesn't change the Thermostat Mode - it just sets the thermostat Program to "Away."

Have a look at Live Logging for the thermostat, and see if it tells you which app made the change to Auto (it should show up in the logs)...

@YapFlapper -

On Hubitat, I always suggest that you use the Import function to install Ecobee Suite for the first time. After that, you simply need to go back into the Apps Code/Devices code for each file, and re-do the Import - the original file path will be preloaded for you, making it fairly painless...

1 Like

Don't know what happened yesterday. Today, when changed to Away, the thermostat mode did not change to Auto. Maybe I hit the Auto button by mistake while messing around.

1 Like

Ecobee Suite Updated 11 June 2019 at 3:45pm EDT

Mostly polish-the-apple kind of fixes:

• Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.7.16
    • Better logging for Reservations
  • Ecobee Suite Contacts & Switches, version 1.7.11
    • Prevent duplicate/unnecessary notifications from sensors & switches
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Circulation, version 1.7.05
    • Fix automated reduction of fan minutes
    • Fix 'Vacation' detection & handling
    • Fix thermostat/location Mode issues
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.7.05
    • Fix inside temp/setpoint override logic to prevent ping-ponging changes with outside temp mode changes

The updates are recommended for all users

1 Like

Your README.md file has the wrong description for Hubitat Installation/Step B. It should say Quiet Time:
Repeat steps 1-6 again, using each of the following links to install the rest of the Suite's applications
A. ecobee Suite Open Contacts
B. ecobee Suite Routines
C. ecobee Suite Routines
D. ecobee Suite Smart Circulation
E. ecobee Suite Smart Mode
F. ecobee Suite Smart Room
G. ecobee Suite Smart Switches
H. ecobee Suite Smart Vents
I. ecobee Suite Smart Zones
J. ecobee Suite Thermal Comfort
K. ecobee Suite Working From Home

Thanks for a great app!

Ecobee Suite updated 13 June 2019 at 1:40pm EDT

All files received cosmetic updates for the Hubitat platform, but significant enhancements/fixes to the following:

• Ecobee Suite Thermostat, version 1.7.13 and Ecobee Suite Sensor version 1.7.04
    • Now includes importUrl for the Hubitat IDE
  • Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.7.17
    • Better logging for setXXXX() functions - now includes thermostat name & ID so that you know which thermostat the action was for
  • Ecobee Suite Contacts & Switches, version 1.7.13
    • Fixed a case where thermostatState wasn't being updated/saved correctly
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.7.08
    • Added new settings option to allow thermostatMode changes caused by internal temperatures exceeding setpoints to override when the current thermostatMode = 'off', so long as no other Helper application is holding a 'modeOff' reservation

These updates (all 14 files) are recommended for all users (especially those who have been experiencing problems with the Contacts & Switches and/or Smart Mode Helpers

1 Like

@storageanarchy, do you know anything about ecobee's demandResponse program? When I was on ST, I used ecobee driver with the following piston to circumvent my overly zealous power provider, who pushed the demand response mode to my thermostat. Is it analogous to the eco mode in Ecobee Suite?

Interesting use case - I didn't know it worked that way.

I will see if I can add the currentProgramOwner and currentProgramType to the attributes so that you can accomplish the same thing.

Do you have any other clever use cases for demandResponse?

Well, my understanding is that demandResponse is the backdoor given by Ecobee to power providers to shape the demand during peak load hours. And until I caught on that, I have a couple of really hot days in my house wondering WTH is going on with my thermostat. In Texas it is quite a give and take :slight_smile:

I don't think you can actually trigger the demandResponse manually, but I wonder if eco type is the same. Some of the providers here are incentivising consumers to lower their usage by either lowering the rates OR even paying back if there's a drop in usage during peak hours. They usually send messages, asking for a lower use. It does not happen often, but really depends on the summer and all that. If I were to do anything with that, I would have probably reacted to the message, parsed it, extracted date and time (start and end) and would put the thermostat to the eco mode. But it's just an idea, I never got around to implementing it.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say 'eco type' or 'eco mode'- where do you see those mentioned in Ecobee Suite?

I think I saw that in the hubitat ecobee integration I first installed and them replaced with ES.

Is it a program, like 'Home' and 'Away', or something else?