[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.7.**

Two ways:

1. (easiest) Install an Ecobee Remote Sensor in that room, and configure it to use that as its temperature sensor when it is in Away mode.
  1. (trickier) Use Rule Machine to watch that temperature sensor when your house is in Away mode, and if it exceeds your desired temp, have it do one of the following:
    • tell the thermostat to run the Home program (thermstat.home())
    • Set the thermostat's cooling setpoint lower (thermostat.setcoolingSetpoint(#)
    • Turn on a virtual switch; create a Modes/Switches/Programs Helper that changes the thermostat to Home when the switch comes on.
    • And of course, reverse the action after the temp reaches the desired point
1 Like

I have the latest updates installed, but getting the following errors fairly frequently in the log:

errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Text must not be null or empty on line 2164 (pollEcobeeAPICallback)

app:1272019-05-28 07:21:04.502 pmdebugSetting up retryPolling

app:1272019-05-28 07:21:04.443 pmerrorpollEcobeeAPICallback() - General Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Text must not be null or empty

app:1272019-05-28 07:21:03.360 pminfoRequesting ( equipmentStatus runtime sensors weather ) for thermostat Main Floor (311033983591)

app:1272019-05-28 07:21:03.206 pminfoPolling thermostat Main Floor (311033983591)

app:1272019-05-28 07:16:06.745 pm

You possibly don't have a name specified on your thermostat. Easiest way to set it is via the Ecobee web app - from the thermostat display its Settings / Preferences / Thermostat Name.

If that fixes it, please let me know - I need to provide a better error message (and update the documentation)

@storageanarchy Thanks for the quick reply.

I do have the Thermostat named, I am using "Main Floor" from the pre-configured names.

I tried changing it and saving again, but the same errors are posting in the logs.

@DenverTech99

Please update to the latest releases I posted this morning on my Github and let me know if that makes the problem go away...

Universal Ecobee Suite updates posted 30 May 2019 at 9:30am

These updates improve performance and reliability.

These are the key updates:

• Ecobee Suite Manager (ecobee-suite-manager.groovy) version 1.7.10.
    • Significantly improved performance, scalability and efficiency for collecting, detecting and delivering updates to the Thermostat device
    • Optimized order of delivery for setpoints & climates (update the setpoints first, then update the Program/Climate/Schedule - this ensures that apps get a consistent view of the state when monitoring thermostat program changes).
  • Ecobee Suite Thermostat (`ecobee-suite-thermostat.groovy) version 1.7.09
    • Optimized order of setpoints/climates changes
    • Fixed weatherIcon/timeOfDay update issues
  • Ecobee Suite Contacts & Switches Helper (ecobee-suite-open-contacts) version 1.7.04
    • IMPORTANT NOTICE!!! Users may need to re-configure existing instances of this Helper in order for them to continue working after installation
  • Ecobee Suite Quiet Time Helper (ecobee-suite-quiet-time.groovy) version 1.7.01
    • HE Platform optimizations
  • Ecobee Suite Mode/Switches/Program Helper (ecobee-suite-routines) version 1.7.08
    • Notifications texts shortened
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Circulation (ecobee-suite-smart-circulation) version 1.7.02
  • Ecobee Suite Thermal Comfort Helper (ecobee-suite-thermal-comfort.groovy) version 1.7.04
    • Prohibit adjustments while in Vacation mode
    • Prevent duplicate notifications

These updates are Mandatory for ALL users...

1 Like

Just curious, but what's with the "(Yes, it's Free!)" part of the topic here?

Long story that is irrelevant here in Hubitat-land. I had forgotten I had included that actually, so it's gone.

TYVM for reminding me...

Just a guess. But there are non-free Ecobee integrations for SmartThings.

1 Like

@storageanarchy

Hey there...I can't seem to get the contacts helper to work. Here are screenshots of my configuration. I waited 10 minutes with multiple contacts sensors open and the app did not turn off the Ecobee. Help?

Try with the 1.7.05 version I just posted (forgot to include it in this morning's updates).

If it still doesn't work, look at the Live Logging for the Helper, the Thermostat and the Manager - see if there are any red "error" notices. If so, please forward them to me so I can see what's going on...

I won't be home till late tonight, I will attempt this tomorrow. Thank you for the quick replies and work on this.

No worries - at your convenience!

Ok I updated all of the code accordingly. Here are the errors:

app:29902019-05-30 06:26:15.274 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'currentValue' is not supported by device. on line 248 (updated)

app:29902019-05-30 06:26:15.119 pm infoEcobee Suite Contacts & Switches Helper,

Quick question, I looked through the thread and the .md file and didn't see anything about how to update on Hubitat. Do you just do the import for the manager and helpers to overwrite the existing code?

Yes, Tom - that's the easiest way. Once you import the files the first time, the newer versions of Hubitat appear to "remember" the source, so all you have to do is Import again...

1 Like

I have what I think is the fix for this issue coming soon - thanks for reporting it...

1 Like

Universal Ecobee Suite updates posted 31 May 2019 at 2:45pm

These updates improve performance and reliability.

These are the key updates:

• Ecobee Suite Manager (ecobee-suite-manager.groovy) version 1.7.11.
    • Fixes Thermostat state updates on SmartThings mobile (thermostatMode, thermostatOperatingState, etc.)
  • Ecobee Suite Thermostat (`ecobee-suite-thermostat.groovy) version 1.7.10
    • Fixes thermostatOperatingState updates
  • Ecobee Suite Contacts & Switches Helper (ecobee-suite-open-contacts) version 1.7.06
    • Fixes issues experienced when using multiple Contacts and/or Switches
  • Ecobee Suite Thermal Comfort Helper (ecobee-suite-thermal-comfort.groovy) version 1.7.06
    • Cleans up arguments passed to setProgramSetpoints()

Collectively, these fixes should address the reported issues with yesterday';s release. If I have missed an issue, please let me know - publicly or via PM.

Note: There may be a remaining issue with cancelling vacation holds...

These updates are Mandatory for ALL users...

1 Like

I have updated to the releases of last night, I have not seen the error today.

[app:3687](http://192.168.7.201/logs#app3687)2019-06-01 08:35:31.189 am [info](http://192.168.7.201/installedapp/configure/3687)Updating API status with [apiConnected:full, lastPoll:Succeeded]

[app:3687](http://192.168.7.201/logs#app3687)2019-06-01 08:35:31.098 am [error](http://192.168.7.201/installedapp/configure/3687)refreshAuthToken() - HttpResponseException occurred. Exception info: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request StatusCode: 400

Woke up this morning after updating and seeing this in the logs?