[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.7.**

@danfox52

Is it possible that the Away program was defined/saved with Mode == Auto? The Mode/Switches/Program helper doesn't change the Thermostat Mode - it just sets the thermostat Program to "Away."

Have a look at Live Logging for the thermostat, and see if it tells you which app made the change to Auto (it should show up in the logs)...

@YapFlapper -

On Hubitat, I always suggest that you use the Import function to install Ecobee Suite for the first time. After that, you simply need to go back into the Apps Code/Devices code for each file, and re-do the Import - the original file path will be preloaded for you, making it fairly painless...

1 Like

Don't know what happened yesterday. Today, when changed to Away, the thermostat mode did not change to Auto. Maybe I hit the Auto button by mistake while messing around.

1 Like

Ecobee Suite Updated 11 June 2019 at 3:45pm EDT

Mostly polish-the-apple kind of fixes:

• Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.7.16
    • Better logging for Reservations
  • Ecobee Suite Contacts & Switches, version 1.7.11
    • Prevent duplicate/unnecessary notifications from sensors & switches
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Circulation, version 1.7.05
    • Fix automated reduction of fan minutes
    • Fix 'Vacation' detection & handling
    • Fix thermostat/location Mode issues
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.7.05
    • Fix inside temp/setpoint override logic to prevent ping-ponging changes with outside temp mode changes

The updates are recommended for all users

1 Like

Your README.md file has the wrong description for Hubitat Installation/Step B. It should say Quiet Time:
Repeat steps 1-6 again, using each of the following links to install the rest of the Suite's applications
A. ecobee Suite Open Contacts
B. ecobee Suite Routines
C. ecobee Suite Routines
D. ecobee Suite Smart Circulation
E. ecobee Suite Smart Mode
F. ecobee Suite Smart Room
G. ecobee Suite Smart Switches
H. ecobee Suite Smart Vents
I. ecobee Suite Smart Zones
J. ecobee Suite Thermal Comfort
K. ecobee Suite Working From Home

Thanks for a great app!

Ecobee Suite updated 13 June 2019 at 1:40pm EDT

All files received cosmetic updates for the Hubitat platform, but significant enhancements/fixes to the following:

• Ecobee Suite Thermostat, version 1.7.13 and Ecobee Suite Sensor version 1.7.04
    • Now includes importUrl for the Hubitat IDE
  • Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.7.17
    • Better logging for setXXXX() functions - now includes thermostat name & ID so that you know which thermostat the action was for
  • Ecobee Suite Contacts & Switches, version 1.7.13
    • Fixed a case where thermostatState wasn't being updated/saved correctly
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.7.08
    • Added new settings option to allow thermostatMode changes caused by internal temperatures exceeding setpoints to override when the current thermostatMode = 'off', so long as no other Helper application is holding a 'modeOff' reservation

These updates (all 14 files) are recommended for all users (especially those who have been experiencing problems with the Contacts & Switches and/or Smart Mode Helpers

1 Like

@storageanarchy, do you know anything about ecobee's demandResponse program? When I was on ST, I used ecobee driver with the following piston to circumvent my overly zealous power provider, who pushed the demand response mode to my thermostat. Is it analogous to the eco mode in Ecobee Suite?

Interesting use case - I didn't know it worked that way.

I will see if I can add the currentProgramOwner and currentProgramType to the attributes so that you can accomplish the same thing.

Do you have any other clever use cases for demandResponse?

Well, my understanding is that demandResponse is the backdoor given by Ecobee to power providers to shape the demand during peak load hours. And until I caught on that, I have a couple of really hot days in my house wondering WTH is going on with my thermostat. In Texas it is quite a give and take :slight_smile:

I don't think you can actually trigger the demandResponse manually, but I wonder if eco type is the same. Some of the providers here are incentivising consumers to lower their usage by either lowering the rates OR even paying back if there's a drop in usage during peak hours. They usually send messages, asking for a lower use. It does not happen often, but really depends on the summer and all that. If I were to do anything with that, I would have probably reacted to the message, parsed it, extracted date and time (start and end) and would put the thermostat to the eco mode. But it's just an idea, I never got around to implementing it.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say 'eco type' or 'eco mode'- where do you see those mentioned in Ecobee Suite?

I think I saw that in the hubitat ecobee integration I first installed and them replaced with ES.

Is it a program, like 'Home' and 'Away', or something else?

I think they call it mode, but yes, it's of the same kind of things like Home and Away

If it's a program, it should show up in the Thermostat device attribute programsList in ES, and if it's a Mode, then it should show up in the supportedThermostatModes list - can you check if it appears in either?

demandResponse is definitely a program on ST. Eco was a mode on the first integration i used - don't remember which one though.

Which Ecobee DTH were you using on SmartThings where demandResponse was a program?

In ES, does demandResponse show up in programsList for the device?

Yeah, you should probably delete that post, he's extremely protective of his "product"

1 Like

The field for the URL is blank.
I tried going through the original install links, but I am not seeing the names in HE as in the instructions.

YF

@YapFlapper

Click this link for the list of installation links for Hubitat.

Ecobee Suite Updates released 14 June 2019 at 4:35pm EDT

This release introduces 2 pieces of new functionality;

1. Two new attributes are exposed: currentProgramOwner and currentProgramType. Generally, these are of no real use unless you have signed up with your electric utility service allowing them to reduce your demand during heavy demand periods. According to the Ecobee API documentation, the currentProgramOwner will be defined as 'demandResponse' whenever the utility overrides your scheduled program.

NOTE: I do NOT have any experience with this, as I have yet to be "controlled' by my utility.

Some users say that it will be the currentProgramType that will change to 'demandResponse', and it is possible that the currentProgramName itself will indicate demandResponse. By exposing both of these attributes, users can now code responses/actions (like, "nah, override the override and just resumeProgram()")

2. in the Smart Circulation Helper, it is now possible to specify whether the Modes and Programs restrictions are required to ALL be true, or if the Helper should change the circulation time when ANY of the restrictions are true (the latter is the default).

Changes include:

• Ecobee Suite Thermostat, version 1.7.14 1.7.15
    • supports the new attributes: currentProgramOwner, currentProgramType, scheduledProgramOwner, scheduledProgramType
    • better handling of Program & Vacation changes
    • fixed bugs incancelVacation(), deleteVacation() and setVacationFanMinOnTime()
    • Fixed currrentThermostatHold typo (*2) - Thanks Joseph!
  • Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.7.18
    • supports the above-listed new attributes
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Circulation, version 1.7.08
    • Added option to require ANY (default) or ALL of the configured restrictions
    • UI enhancements for settings page on HE

These updates are recommended for ALL Ecobee Suite users