[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.7.**

Are you sure that is the case? It looks like log."${logType}" is always called here: Ecobee-Suite/smartapps/sandood/ecobee-suite-open-contacts.src/ecobee-suite-open-contacts.groovy at master ยท SANdood/Ecobee-Suite ยท GitHub

Yes, it is absolutely intentional. LOG()'d items are sent up to the parent, who will log them in their stream IF the logLevel is appropriate. But ALL LOG()'d items are logged in the individual Helper apps. I've been generally VERY careful to keep the Helper LOG()ing to a minimum. You'll find that most all the other Helpers do the same thing.

Is there a problem with this?

I brought it up because I was getting lots of debug log messages from the coolSPHandler. They seemed to be printing every 5 seconds or so, but sometimes the app would print out quite a few in a row. It seemed like I should be able to disable the log messages in the helpers as well as in the parent.

Here's an example the messages I was seeing:

app:376 2019-08-22 00:49:42.262 debug coolSPHandler() - thermSavedState: [311016338983:[mode:cool, currentProgramName:Sleep soon, currentProgram:Sleep soon, currentProgramId:smart2, coolSP:73, HVACModeState:on, heatSP:60, thermostatHold:null, heatAdj:55.0, holdType:nextTransition, coolAdj:78.0]]
app:376 2019-08-22 00:49:35.245 debug coolSPHandler() - thermSavedState: [311016338983:[mode:cool, currentProgramName:Sleep soon, currentProgram:Sleep soon, currentProgramId:smart2, coolSP:73, HVACModeState:on, heatSP:60, thermostatHold:null, heatAdj:55.0, holdType:nextTransition, coolAdj:78.0]]

I have just posted ES Open Contacts, version 1.7.31 that includes a new debugOff option. If this does what you want, I'll extend it to the other Helpers.

Note that this blocks the local logging of log.debug() messages only - all other logTypes are still logged, and ALL LOG() messages are still sent to ES Manager for it to log (or not).

Thanks! Those changes look good. It will definitely cut down on the number of extra debug messages I'm getting.

Updates posted for the Entire Ecobee Suite

These updates implement fixes, enhancements and new features:

• Ecobee Suite Thermostat, version 1.7.25
    • More fanMinOnTime cleanup
    • Argument typing & hinting (Hubitat only)
  • Ecobee Suite Sensor, version 1.7.07
    • NEW! add or delete sensor from ANY Named Program/Schedule/Climate
      (with argument typing & hinting on Hubitat only)
      • <device>.addSensorToProgram( programName )
      • <device>.deleteSensorFromProgram( programName )
  • All Ecobee Suite Helper Applications
    • New option to disable logging of 'debug' messages to the local device (logging is still sent to Ecobee Suite Manager, where the logLevel setting controls what is displayed)
    • For those Helpers that send Notifications, added support for Notification devices on SmartThings
      • Enables mixed hub environments using Hubitat HubConnect to utilize the Hubitat Mobile App for individually targeted notifications
  • Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.7.33
    • Fixed null values during Hubitat Hub reboot recovery
    • Optimized LOG() handling, fanMode/fanMinOnTime tweaks
    • Now sends host thermostat's programsList to sensors, to support add/deleteSensorFromProgram
  • Ecobee Suite Open Contacts, version 1.7.32
  • Ecobee Suite Quiet Time, version 1.7.05
  • Ecobee Suite Routines, version1.7.16
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Circulation, version 1.7.12
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.7.19
    • Fixed appLabel error during installation
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Room, version 1.7.06
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Switches, version 1.7.05
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Vents, version 1.7.10
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Zones, version 1.7.05
  • Ecobee Suite Thermal Comfort, version 1.7.15
  • Ecobee Suite Working From Home, version 1.7.10

Important Notice for Hubitat users

Hubitat has announced that SMS support will be removed from the platform with the upcoming release of HE software version 2.5. I will be removing SMS support from Ecobee Suite shortly after that Ecobee Release is published.

Please visit this post for further information and SMS alternatives.

These updates are highly recommended for ALL users

2 Likes

Is it necessary for all the child apps to be installed? I only use two of them, so it would be easier to maintain updates if I only have to worry about the ones I installed. It would also save resources on my Hubitat.

SmartThings requires them all to be installed, and I imagine that Hubitat does as well - although I've never had cause to test it.

The total size of ALL of the Helpers is less than 10MB - probably closer to 1MB, so I'm not sure its worth the hassle, but that decision is up to you...

I just installed this 3 days ago, and I'm updating to the latest version. Just want to be sure the upgrade is correct, anything special to complete the upgrade other then re-importing all the drivers and apps?

That's all it takes - just re-import everything...

If you have any Smart Switch/Mode/Program helpers installed, you might want to open each, then save them again, just to be sure that the new features are enabled...probably not necessary, but always a good idea whenever you update ANY code...

1 Like

Just did the update on my Hubitat and one interesting thing was two of my helpers that I had paused before the update were no longer paused.

Thanks for this latest update. I like it that I can disable the debugging info from the helpers.

Which two Helpers became unpaused? That shouldn't happen...

It was the:

Ecobee Suite Mode/Switches/Program Helper,

I have 5 defined of that helper and disabled two of them as my rules for the Hubitat;s modes became more complicated than mirroring the Ecobee's program as a mode in Hubitat.

It was not big deal after the update from my perspective. Just something to keep an eye out for.

Would it be possible to add an ignore option to the Ecobee Suite Mode/Switches/Program Helper where if the current status of the HVAC is in an "OFF" state that the Ecobee program mode would not be switched. I had setup a Ecobee comfort mode change based on if HE's mode was "away" or not. I had also setup a notification for when the comfort mode as switched, and I noticed that a command was sent to Ecobee to change the comfort mode even though my HVAC was off. Of course since the HVAC was off nothing happened, but it seemed unnecessary to send a command if the system is off.

(Unless I have misunderstood your request), it is fairly simple to add that as a condition to check for. I use Rule Machine to change the dehumidification target relative humidity based on the ambient indoor temperature. I put a conditional wrapper around this rule so it only runs if the thermostat mode is not off.

Here's what it looks like when the thermostat mode is off:

Here's what it looks like when the thermostat mode is auto:

It is not exactly clear to me what you are asking, possibly because "program" and "mode" mean different things WRT Location Mode vs. Thermostat Mode vs. Thermostat Program (aka Schedule, aka Climate).

• Location Mode: Home, Away, Night, Vacation, etc.
  • Thermostat Mode: Off, Auto, Heat, Cool
  • Thermostat Program: Home, Away, Sleep, etc.

Would you mind describing what you want using this context, please?

1 Like

Sorry about not being clear enough. I was referring to changing the "Thermostat Program." So for example if HE's location mode changes to away I have the helper app trigger the "Thermostat Program" to change to "away,.*

So if the "Thermostat Mode" is in an off state the helper app would still send a command to change the "Thermostat Program." I was wondering if it would be possible for the helper app to know what "Thermostat Mode" is currently active and if it's in an "off" state that a command would not need to be sent to change the "Thermostat Program."

I'm not sure then what you would be trying to accomplish. Sending a command to the thermostat, whether off or on, is really no big deal. And if you have a schedule set on the thermostat, it will change the thermostat program even when it is off, the apparent notion being that you want the thermostat to be in the proper program when it is turned back on.

In this case, is probably is more appropriate for whatever is doing your alerting on Program Changes to not send you a message if the thermostat is off, as @aaiyar suggested.

1 Like

It appears that Ecobee Suite Manager is bringing my HE to a crawl. I can see an absolute sh-ton of entries into the log regarding my ecobees. I also see quite frequent java.sql exceptions:

[app:322] java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database! on line 6025 (mainPage)

We have high latency long range wifi internet access. What happens when the Suite manager can't find Ecobee.com?

When I uninstall the Ecobee suite the HE runs smoothly, when I reinstall I can see a significant decrease in response time.

I suggest then that you do not install Ecobee Suite Manager.

There are significant latency issues when running Ecobee Suite on Hubitat, but the Hubitat support team has been unable (or unwilling) to identify the cause.

Ecobee Suite Manager runs with less than 5-second overhead for each cycle on SmartThings; Hubitat will frequently exceed 55 seconds (for reasons unknown).

Personally, I'm moving most things back to SmartThings...Hubitat can't handle heavy workloads (not to mention the endless issues with Z-Wave inclusion/performance/response time that many of us are experiencing).