[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Metering Plug (w/ healthStatus)

I put the updated driver, I think that now it's fine, right?

Yes, all states seem to be OK.
Always try the latest development branch version (the link in the second post) for new devices.
This one was added just recently.

1 Like

Can you confirm this driver is compatible with E1C-NB7. I'm in need of the power monitoring to be effective, also does it still act as a zigbee repeater with this driver? About to pull the trigger on Prime day deal.

This I assume? https://www.amazon.com/Sengled-Compatible-Required-Appliances-Certified/dp/B08FJ5LHSN?th=1 That is exactly what I have, purchased in 2021.

I believe it did work ok with this driver but honestly it was just too complex for my needs. The driver should have no impact on its ability to be a repeater. I switched back to the system "Generic Zigbee Outlet" driver which works great with it. The generic system driver only supports the "power" stat, not energy tracking but I have no need for the energy info.

I use one of mine to track when a sump pump turns on/off which will only come on for about 10 seconds and go off again. Reporting has worked good even with that short cycle.

The other one is for a LED lamp, which draws only 2-4 watts when on, and it has worked good for that as well.

I have tinkered with making my own custom driver but don't have anything functional yet.

Yes, those are the ones.

I plan to use this device to monitor the power of a scooter battery while it is charging. Once the battery level drops below a certain threshold, the device will cut off the power to the battery to prevent it from overcharging or trickle charging. I also need the device to act as a repeater for my outdoor Hue motion sensor, which has been dropping off the network. I hope that by using this device as a repeater, I will be able to resolve the motion sensor issue and I can get a 2-in-1 use case out of it.

As long as the wattage draw changes when the battery gets full you should be able detect it with that plug no problem. It will report on as low as a 1w change if you need it to.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I bought the lellki wk35.
After installing it in my AC socket I have an issue that from time to time it suddnly stop working

I tried two different units and it is still the same.
Any ideas?

By 'stop working' do you mean that the socket switches itself off?

Yes, exactly.

Your device suffers from a problem where some Tuya plugs will randomly switch off. It's been mentioned several times in this long thread.

For some of the devices this issue can be patched with a firmware update. You will need either a Tuya Zigbee gateway or Zigbee2MQTT.

hi.
can I monitor somehow with one of these tuya switch if electricity is present at all? if yes, how, with some custom script?
the scenario is: I have a switch and power meter, Hubitat detects that power meter has lost power and turns the switch off. possible?
sorry if it was already mentioned here, the thread is too big

I have a rule, if power 0 send me a notification, and if not if the switch is off

1 Like

Hi @kkossev,

I'm trying to use the power meter below with this driver. It pairs but it's not working. Take a look when you have time, please.

Thank you for always helping us.

1 Like

@joaomf please update to version 1.8.0 "2023/09/03 11:09 PM" from the dev.branch
I have added this device to a group that partially matches it.. Not sure what will work and what not, please test and let me know the results.

1 Like

@kkossev, it’s working !!

The first tile (left) is a Switch 30A and the second is the Zemismart Meter.

I'm going to test with other appliances and let you know.

Thank you very much !!

1 Like

Can you post the fingerprint of the 30 A switch?

1 Like

Here it is.

It’s working with this driver.

1 Like

I think I am in a pickle now. I had previously bought a frient mini plug and used it succesfully with this lovely driver.

I then bought a few more plugs, but this time the mini plug 2, which is actually a Zigbee 3.0 device, and this time the driver does not seem to work, nor does any other driver I have tried. The error is that the plug will not respond to commands.

The mini plug simply flashes orange. It did pair very easily though. Not sure what to do now, any suggestions?

Post the device pairing info like in the post above.

Thanks, here is the information. Also, I am pairing it to a C7, which I understand does not have Zigbee 3.0, but perhaps would be able to communicate via 1.2 to the Mini Plug 2?

I also do have a C8 in the drawer, but I haven´t been comfortable starting to use it yet due to the FW issues in the past few months.

I am wondering though, if I am eventually able to pair this mini plug 2 with my C7 and they talk 1.2, would it change to 3.0 once I have the C8 installed?

EDIT: So let me add, after I re-paired the plug, it now seems to be working. I am able to turn it off/on and it is showing energy information. Previously the LED was pulsing amber and I was unable to get a reaction.

EDIT 2: Added another plug without any issues. Not sure what went wrong the first time.

1 Like