[RELEASE] Tuya Wall Mount Thermostat (Water/Electric Floor Heating) Zigbee driver

You can send a pull request in GitHub, or just send me your modified code in a DM and I will merge it manually.

This driver is approaching its end of life stage, for new devices it will be better to use the new driver , I have it linked somewhere up in this thread.

This is the version I've been using/modifying - not sure if that is the 'new' driver or not to be honest.

I'll DM you my BSEED changes.

1 Like

Any of those wall thermostats allow us to show the outside temperature if this information is set through the hubitat hub? I have some sinope thermostats that are able to do this functionality but they will get really expensive if I change them to this model everywhere in my home.

No, don't think so

Hi, has anyone been trying to pair the wall thermostat to a C8-Pro hub with success?
I had 2 units that paired just fine to my C8 hub. Since then I i ordered 6 more units (Avatto).
a few days ago I migrated my C8 hub to a new C8-Pro hub and I am unable to pair the 6 new units.
The 2 older units migrated just fine and keep the connection.
When trying to pair the new units (same Mfg number) to the new C8-Pro hub, the device is found and identified as Tuya Smart Siren Zigbee and I can see the device page but the pairing process does not complete (WIFI symbol on the device itself keeps flashing) and after a minute or 2 I can still see the device but it has no Zigbee logs and it is unresponsive. I can change driver and all but the device is not responding at all)
I should mention that I tried to pair the same device to one of my other C8 (non pro) hub and it worked fine so the issue seems to be with the C8-Pro hub

Some more details:
Hub - C8-Pro running 2.3.8.139

Pairing info

Zigbee logs while pairing

Device data

BTW I tried all of the below options:

• Shutting down the hub to clear DB possible issues
  • Did a Zigbee radio reboot
  • Multiple pairs one after the other as a possible solution
  • Performing a factory reset on the device
  • Pair while trying to avoid Zigbee 3.0 repeaters
  • Pair while exchanging keys in clear

The pairing process fails.

What is your Zigbee channel?

See what has helped here :

1 Like

I am on 25 with power level of 25. Also did a test with 26 with no help.

One thing I did differently with the 6 new units was that I first connected them to an AVATTO hub to configure them but as I am doing a factory reset it should make no difference (I think).

When a Zigbee device is moved between hubs, all settings are reset.

What worked for me in similar cases was to try pairing the problematic device very far away from the C-8 hub and extremely close to an already paired and working another Zigbee 3.0 mains-powered device. Set the C-8 Zigbee power to the lowest setting (4)

I'll give it a try

This did not work

There is no 100% working solution for this kind of Zigbee connectivity problems...

What are you plans for the old hub? As you have migrated it to a new C-8-Pro, you will probably have to factory reset it to use it as a second hub... I am not sure what is the correct procedure here, my old C-7 hub still stays powered off after the migration.

1 Like

I have 3 hubs running - C7 for LAN, C8 for Z-wave and a C8-Pro for zigbee and being the main hub.
I can use my old C8 hub as additional zigbee hub or add zigbee to my Z-wave hub but I wanted to avoid having additional zigbee network.
I was asking to see if any other users are having the same issue with the C8-Pro hub so there might be an issue HE staff can fix. Not sure anyone else tried to pari these devices to C8-Pro yet.

In the meantime I will probably connect these 6 devices to my Z-wave hub.
Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Like

People would be afraid to install a new hub. I'm still working on the C5.
Since last year I have a C8 that I don't use because I don't want to have any problems

FYI pairing these devices to a C8 hub went just fine for me.
It is just the pro version that is giving me a hard time.

No, both the C-8 and C-8-Pro have the same problematic EFR32MG21 Silicon Labs chip and Zigbee stack inside.

My understanding is that Home Assistant (ZHA) has fixed (most of) the EFR32MG21 issues with a lot of hacks and workarounds.

Zigbee sticks based on EFR32MG21 (such as Sonoff-ZBDongle-E and SkyConnect) are still considered 'experimental' and not recommended by Zigbee2MQTT.

I do not know or understand these differences but I can say for sure that I just paired these 6 devices to my C8 hub (non pro version).
I have no idea why they would pair to my C8 and not C8 pro version :confused:

Is the C-8-Pro a clone of your old C-8?
How many Zigbee devices do you have on each hub?
How many routers (repeaters) you have on each hub?
What are the Zigbee channels of the two hubs?
.. there are a lot of variables.

yes

50 at least

most of my devices are main powered and my zigbee network is very stable

20 on the C8 that used to run Z-wave only and 25 on the main Zigbee hub

I don't have a clue why there is a difference between the C-8 and C-8-Pro success in pairing these Zigbee 3.0 devices then...

I wasn't able to pair the problematic XENON extension for nearly one year on the C-8, but last month, I suddenly managed to pair it, and it stays connected now. I don't dare to delete it and try pairing again.

1 Like