[RELEASE] Tuya Wall Mount Thermostat (Water/Electric Floor Heating) Zigbee driver

We have two issues here.

First, the cause for the problem - probably it will be very difficult to find out why this device Data values are wiped out. I have some doubts but don't want to speculate before I have proof.

The second problem is something that we can start working on now. It is about how to report / send an alarm when a device was detected to be dysfunctional.

In our case, the driver can check whether the model or the manufacturer data is missing. This is the reason for all other reported oddities ( missing brightness settings and commands, missing sound commands, etc.. - all these depend on the current device manufacturer / model).

The important problem is that the heating setpoint is not correct anymore. So in this situation, the device is not functional and the home automation system must be make aware of the fault situation :

I can send an alarm event, which may trigger other notifications and alarms to be displayed on dashboard, to be sent to mobile phones, etc. Will have to think some more about an appropriate custom event name and what the event values to be, and how these alarm event values will be handed by the standard HE applications.

An idea:

attribute "alarm", "enum", ["clear", "malfunction", "other_alarm_type"]

And a second question : how the thermostat should behave in case of a 'malfunction' state?
Should the driver do anything in addition - as example try to turn the heating relay off?

Could it be a hardware issue? I have 30+ zigbee devices, all aqara sensors and ikea repeaters, everthing was working well. I added those 4 thermotats one by one with weeks between them. The last one has those issues. I did the day before yesterday a new install of the device to make it work again but yesterday 6 aqara sensors went offline, todat an extra 5, it looks all battery are empty.
Wath is your opion?

Did you have a Tuya zigbee hub?
If yes, then you can pair the problematic 4th thermostat to the Tuya hub temporarily.

If some of the Aqara sensors have been repeating via this thermostat, this would explain why they went offline.. although this scenario is not very possible, Aqara battery powered devices are sticky to the repeater that they have paired to initially.

What driver are you using for the Aqara sensors and what model they are?

nice feature

yes

The problem with the sensors faling off has starting the moment thermostat was working well

change the heating setpoint to X degree?

@kkossev OK, this is what I did, After a lot of my Aqara sensors went offline in area of the bad thermostat I made a help request to the vendor of the thermostat, they have replaced the device. The name of the device was Iwijn Thermostat
When I received the new thermostat I renamed the bad thermostat to Iwijn Thermostat OLD. I included the new thermostat down in the house and named it Iwijn Thermostat. I am pretty sure it was connected to the repeater in the garage. I restarted 7 times the hub and everything was still working. I installed the new thermostat upstairs. Did 1 reboot of the hub and I had the same issue as the other "bad" thermostat --> Data section model and manufacturer data disappeared, grrrr

This was the situation of the getChildAndRouteInfo at that moment

I deleted the device in HE
power off the repeater Radio
Did a factory reset of the thermostat
power on the repeater Radio
added it again with the previous name Iwijn Thermostat
This was the situation of the getChildAndRouteInfo at that moment

Could the device null, the previous deleted device has something to do with the issue?

Hi @BrunoVoeten ,
I will read again all the info above tomorrow on a fresh head .. : )

But I have the following idea - can you leave the bad thermostat paired to HE, but without any communication to it? Just assign the 'device' driver and leave it connected to the Zigbee network, but without any commands sent to it. Reset it to the default parameters from the touch-screen menu and leave it to work as a Zigbee repeater only.

I think this is not the problem, this routing table info changes rather dynamically, and I have seen often such null devices, but no any issues.

the first bad one (out of the wall, not connected) or the second bad one (in the wall connected)

The first one.

I see from your last route info table screenshot, that the only two good repeaters are the "Repeater Radio" and "Repeater Garage" - these that have inCost:1 and outCost:1 And the thermostats are using these two repeaters as expected.

Is the old thermostat [A63E] still showing in the Route Table? If it is powered on, it will still send temperature readings to HE, no matter that the driver may be 'device'.

The above however has nothing to do with the model/manufacturer data disappearing...
I can think of this BEOK thermostat not being compatible with Aqara sensors, so when an Aqara device uses it as a repeater - then the BEOK thermostat memory could get corrupted, it may stop working, etc,... - but this can not erase the device/manufacturer data as stored in HE database!

Device Data can be modified or deleted by either the driver used with the device, or by any HE app.
That's why I proposed changing the driver to the inbuilt 'device', to exclude the Tuya Wall Thermostat driver from the unknowns list, although in this driver there is no code that modifies the device Data section.

Big problems, I needed to detached the 2 last thermostats and will wait till the network is fine again. Whole day long lots of sensors are reporting not present. They barely come back present. The strange thing is when I activate the sensor for example door open/close the sensors are still working and becomes present again. Problems are on the contact, button and water sensors, not on the motion sensors.
Since I detached the 2 bad thermostats sensors are keep reporting not present. I guess I have to be patient? Any suggestions in the mean time?

I was going to move my BEOK thermostat to a room where I have 5 Aqara devices and see what happens, but I can't reset the device. Holding the 'M' and 'Up' keys for 5 or more seconds (while the device was switched off from the middle 'O' key does nothing. I also can't enter the setup menu ( 'M' and 'Down' keys). I am missing something?

With 3 Beok thermostats there is no issue, using it for month's. It's a issue for the 2 newest.
Resetting:
Turn device off
Hold the 2 left buttons till it light up
press M to go to the last option AF AC
Hold temp up till you see the underscore
Device off

Thank you! I believe worked for resetting the parameters to their default values .
What was the procedure for Zigbee pairing ?

When on, hold the temp up

Thank you!. I have moved the thermostat now in the living room where I have 6 Aqara sensors and will monitor it in the next few days.

BTW, did you have a Tuya gateway? If yes, have you checked whether the Tuya Cloud integration will work with this thermostat? Because, if it turns out that these are bad repeaters incompatible with Aqara - the only stable solution is to separate them in two different Zigbee network...

Yes, I have a gateway, I tested it in the past but a thermostat did not become available in the hub. I don't want to use the tuya cloud because you are not sure it will keep working.
II don' t think you will have issues with your thermostat, my other 3 thermostats does not cause issues. My zigbee network is still not stable. I am not sure if I want to try it again.
I hope I will find a wifi solution in the future for my thermostats. Shelly will make a touch screen, maybe it can be used as a thermostat. Dou you have any suggestions?

My thermostat shows up in the Zigbee routing table as a bad repeater (outCost:7), so no any other battery-powered device is using it as a router... so no issues with Aqara sensors so far.

[Thermostat _TZE200_2ekuz3dz, BC8C], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:7

In North America, the choice could be Sinope thermostats, I have read very good feedback for these. Here in the EU - I don't know if Sinope is available for sale.