[Release] Tuya/Lonsonho 1-gang and 2-gang zigbee dimmer module driver

Can you point me at any examples of this that you've come across? (Preferably source on GitHub!)

Firstly - thanks for the driver!

Works with my QS-Zigbee-D02-Triac-2C-LN (although I'm only using a single channel).

When I bought these devices (from Aliexpress) the listing suggested it worked with a standard 'toggle' switch.

I realise now, that it indeed can be controlled by a toggle switch - but not how I'd like it to be! A quick on-off (mimicking a momentary switch) turns the switch on/off. A single 'toggle' does the dimming.

That's fine for me, but not for my other half - who wants to be able to control it like any other light switch (On/Off, with dimming via the app if necessary)!

I guess there is no way around this, and I will never be able to turn it on/off in the 'normal' way with a light switch?

Hi Pavr27, glad the driver works for you!

I don't think the behaviour can be changed - it's hardcoded in the device firmware and behaves that way irrespective of whether it is connected to other smart devices or not.

Probably the simplest solution is to get some momentary switches. The unnecessarily complicated alternative I can think of would be to replace the switch with a ZigBee one, but I think that is more complicated for no discernable benefit :slight_smile:

Forgot to mention: assuming you are UK based, momentary/retractive swtiches are fairly easy to come by. E.g. screwfix: https://www.screwfix.com/c/electrical-lighting/switches-sockets/cat830530#category=cat7320002&switchproducttype=retractive

Thanks for the info re switches. Actually I did a google search for others as I want a two gang one, in brushed metal...there are plenty out there nowadays (I remember a few years ago the only ones available were the white plastic ‘bell’ labelled ones). Let’s hope my partner will ‘tolerate’ momentary switches!

Hi
I have got myself a 2 Gang Zigbee Dimmer module by Moes. I think they are by Tuya. I have installed the driver and initially wired to one lighting. it was working perfectly (thank you) Tired to wire to the second light but I just could create a child device. Any suggestion please?

Hi @ugm2byww - I'm glad you tried the driver and it is at least partially working for you. Please allow me to check: I think you are saying that it is a 2-gang module, but that my driver does not automatically create two child devices (one for each channel) ... is this correct or have I misunderstood? The driver should automatically create the child devices it needs.

The driver looks for specific device fingerprints, and has a built-in table telling it how many channels it needs to provide for that fingerprint. The solution to your problem might be as simple as me adding it to the driver.

Can you provide the fingerprint for your device? ("manufacturer", "model", etc from the 'data' section under "device details".

sorry it has been busy few weeks.
yes you are correct in that I couldn't create two child devices. this the module that I have got

the fingerprint of my device is as of below

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 42
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,EF00
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • model: TS0601
  • isMultiEP: false
  • manufacturer: _TZE200_e3oitdyu

No problem @ugm2byww and thanks for the fingerprint.

I must admit it is a little confusing - looking at what cluster IDs it supports it implies it doesn't support the standard commands for on/off and dimmer level adjustment. Did you say the driver did appear to work for one of the channels? Both for turning on/off and for dimming? If you can confirm that it does then I'll roll an experimental version for you to try.

actually. I confused myself too. I am now going to order the same one Alexandruy2k ordered but one without Neutral.
Will update once I got it. thanks

Hi
I have now got one most of you guys have got but one without neutral wire
QS-Zigbee-D02-Triac-2C-LN
However, I couldnt create a child device.
any advice please?

Can you provide the device fingerprint?

it is

• endpointId: 01
  • model: TS110F
  • application: 42
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_92chsky7

thanks

Try replacing the driver source code by importing the version at this URL:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/matt-hammond-001/hubitat-code/dev-_TZ3000_92chsky7/drivers/tuya-zigbee-dimmer-module.groovy

... then either removing and rediscovering the device, or going into the device and clicking "configure".

Let me know if it ends up working. If it doesn't then please provide more of the fingerprint details, such as "application", "inClusters" and "outClusters".

great thanks. will give it a try and let you know

just to say that I managed to create child devices with this source code. Thanks

However, I am tear my hair out on this. I have got the one you have got but without a natural wire version. I am just not able to get it function properly with the physical light switch. Do you all use a retractive switch with your module (i.e. QS-Zigbee-D02-Triac-2C-LN )? And do any of you had this wired to a 3 way switch ??

thanks

Glad it sounds like the driver is working for you. I'll push those changes into the main code release soon.

Yes, I'm using retractive switches, wired in as shown in the instruction leaflet. Is yours not working at all? Or is it misbehaving in some way? When you talk about a 3 way switch, do you mean a retractive one that can be pushed in two or more different ways? Maybe you could share a diagram of how you are trying to wire it?

Hi @fc352bf0a6929e9fa80f , did you manage to implement this for @ugm2byww or did you not finish this since he switched to the devices that you originally wrote the drivers for?

I'm keen on buying the Moes ones that @ugm2byww originally had as they are quite significantly cheaper (almost half!) compared to the QS-Zigbee-D02-TRIAC-2C-LN ones ($16 AUD vs $30 AUD)

In case you'd be willing to explore this further, there is another thread that refers to the non-standard behaviour of the Moes dimmers:

They got it to work there but this was for a single gang on-wall dimmer instead of the in-wall mini dimmers that we're talking about here. I'm assuming the drivers would be the same though.

Given that the Moes dimmers are becoming quite prolific on Ali, it would be a great addition to HE I feel. At the very least you'd have my personal infinite gratitude!! :smiley:

Hi @Silvermane I'm afraid the fingerprint for the Moes device indicated that it uses proprietary ZigBee commands. My driver therefore won't support it.

It would need someone who owns one to do some detective work sniffing and deducing the proprietary messages to write a driver for it.

Thx for the quick reply! I was afraid you were going to say that though :sweat_smile:

Have you had a look at the other driver I referenced in the other thread for the on-wall dimmer?
They managed to get it to work there, but that was for a single gang implementation of the on-wall dimmer. Nobody seems to be able/willing to continue developing it for a 2 gang device which I why I came knocking here as I don't have the required skills to implement this either.

I like the thought of having these drivers as part of the HPM solution you've implemented better as well! Surely if the single gang incorrect zigbee implementation was implemented successfully, getting the second gang to be enabled would be a cinch for someone as skilled as yourself? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
(Is the buttering up working?? :grin:)