[DEPRECATED] Kasa Plug, Switch, and Bulb integration

Thanks Dave.

I was able to add HS105 using the virtual device method you mentioned but using the same method for my HS100 is still not working. No errors are reported but in the current states, it only lists commsError: none but no switch state.

Anything I need to do differently for HS100.

Hub ip is 192.168.1.91. HS100 ip is 192.168.1.93 and HS105 ip is 192.168.1.107.

Driver version is 4.0.05.

Thanks,

Nitesh

My guess is the ip is incorrect (you may have entered a comma for one of the periods). Check and then:

Turn on logging

Run the HS100 device's page and set preferences to "display Trace Messages" to true (blue). Select Save preferences.

Paste theHS100 log page below.

Dave

HS110 Incorporated into Baseline. The HS110 Energy Monitor Plug has been incorporated into the baseline on GitHub. This includes a fix to the energy today and energy this month feature. The filename is "TP-Link Multi-Plug (Hubitat).groovy",

Known Issue: I do not have a plug, so I need confirmation that this handler works. I have verified it works with a HS105 and HS200 as a switch only and attained expected errors.

Hi Dave, Thanks. Just unplugging the device and plugging it back in did the trick. Thanks for all the help.

1 Like

So I noticed my token had expired tonight - is that something that's every X days?

Yes. However, you can avoid it by installing the new version which does not require a token at all. It passes the commands directly from Hubitat to the device.

1 Like

Works incredibly well too btw!

1 Like

I copy pasted the driver and apps code again (v4) and restarted the hub but ti doesn't find my devices. It doesn't look to be searching for them once it loads the page after clicking 'install kasa devices'

I didn't realise i needed to uninstall/reinstall the app. Working now.

1 Like

This has stopped working for me, any tips?

fixed with a complete uninstall of devices and app and resinstall of v4.1

Make sure your bulbs have reserved ip addresses.

1 Like

Version 4.1 is far better. Aaron suggested that you reserve the IP addresses. In case you did not know, that is done on your router. This is necessary in the rare occasion where a device is off-line and when coming back on-line is assigned a new IP address.

The Application (if you used it) also has the ability to update the IP address of the child devices. You only have to run it and it will automatically update each IP address. (I wanted to do this automatically, but it was a LOT of LAN traffic each time it occurs).

Also, note that if you desire, you can place the devices in local access only through the Kasa App.

dave

This worked fantastic for me with my TP-LINK HS-100's, thanks a lot!

I've got a little oddity that may be nothing, but... It's an HS105 and I think I've got Ver 4.1 installed but the device says 4.0.03. Please take a look:

Is that all as it should be? Or have I screwed up something? Thanks, Dave.

Not to worry about. No impact on function; however, a Save Preferences should clear it up. You will also need to run the application (this will update the application version. Note, that some of the other data is legacy. There is no way to delete - but there is no impact.

1 Like

@djgutheinz

Hey Dave...so I am running into an issue after the update. My Aquarium; HS100, had a firmware update and now TP-Link Device Manager doesn't see it anymore. Also I am having a comms error. Looks as though I can't force the IP address anymore so I have no idea what maybe going on. Thoughts?

Aquarium HS100 device:

TP-Link Device Manager Status (notice no Aquarium listed)

It looks like the app is NOT seeing the HS100 at all. I see you have another HS100 on the list - so if that firmware updated, it is not the firmware but likely something that is disabling the plug itself.

Was it working OK before the firmware update??? Things to try:

a. Open the Kasa phone app and see if it can control your aquarium.
1. If not, Unplug the plug and see again. Also try resetting the plug.
2. If this fails, look at the TP-Link forum.

b. Run the application with logging enabled. That will see if there are any errors involved.

Once the above is confirmed, then try the app again.

You can also (without deleting) do a manual installation of the driver. Create a Virtual device with a dni of "TEST-TPLINK" (can actually be anything). Then you will have access to the IP address field in preferences, (The automatic installation has the application managing IP addresses and updating automatically if there is a problem. The manual leaves this to you to look up the IP, etc.)

I will look once I get home tonight. But answer to your question...yes both had firmware updates but only one works correctly.

@djgutheinz

Unplugging and plugging back in worked. Odd the firmware upgrade caused that issue as I could still control through Kasa app.

1 Like