[DEPRECATED] Kasa Plug, Switch, and Bulb integration

The node.js is for your raspberryPI and not for HE.

Ah, so TP-Link only works with a pi added to the setup?

If you want only local TP-Link execution and not rely on any cloud components.

ok, I'm ok with cloud on these lights, I've got the driver installed, how do i get it cloud connected?

Just follow the instructions in the HE app you installed. It covers both cloud and local.

Ah I see, have now installed this one https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/Hubitat-TP-Link-Devices/master/Service%20Manager/TP-Link%20Hubitat%20Manager.groovy

ok, followed the instructions, it discovered the 3 plugs and i installed them but they don't appear in devices?

Did you install all of the Device handlers?

No, i had only done the one i thought it was but clearly i was wrong. I added them all and now we're golden :slight_smile:

Thank you @aaron

1 Like

I just installed an HS105 and it all worked as it's supposed to. But I did need to apply a little guesswork as to which device handler was the right one. (Chose Plug-Switch over Multi-Plug and I was right.)

Thanks @djgutheinz !

@djgutheinz

I am ready to move to your node.js code and wanted to know what I need to do to transition my TP-Link devices from cloud over to local. I didn't see anything on the readme on your GitHub. So any guidance is appreciated!

It will currently require a full re-install to the latest version (see last part of this post). If you have a lot of devices - a bummer. I have to you want applet installation instructions.

I created this morning applet installation instructions for Windows, Android, and Fire devices. Installation on Raspberry Pi and MAC are beyond my experience. See next post.

If someone has instructions, I would be happy to steal for inclusion in the baseline.

Future consideration (on-request): An App and Driver version that allows switching from Hub <-> Cloud (both directions) as desired. This would work even on older versions by updating App and Driver and running app. Will take about a day to create/test.

Install Instructions for the TP-LinkHub_v3.js applet onto Windows, Android, add Fire tablet.

So what are you using outside of node.js for libraries. Maybe I can help with the Raspi. Can you send URLs of those added libraries?

Ignorant here of what you mean. The only time I use node.js is for the Hubitat and SmartThings integrations and I did not need special libraries for that script.

In your instructions you state to download servers ultimate pro and servers ultimate pro f. Hence why I am asking what libraries are you using. :grin:

These are both downloaded from Google Play or the Fire App Store. Do not know for IOS devices. Updated instruction (this was also in the first paragraph).

I am currently updating handlers and and application. One focus is to allow the auto-switch over. May take a day or so, but hope to finish by tomorrow.

Dave

Developing UDP version.

I am suspending all version 3.x development at the just released beta. I have found a way to make the UDP work so that devices can be controlled without either a node.js hub nor a Kasa Account (single install for all devices). I have to port some node.js code over to groovy for (1) discovery, and (2) encryption (done previously). After that, we will have a Version 4 app and driver set.

6 Likes

@djgutheinz

So I suspect you are pretty much going to abandon the Node.JS after this latest findings correct? Your development is freaky-fast! Do you work at JimmyJohns?

1 Like

No. 70 YO retiree with no life. And you are correct. For Hubitat, if I get a good UDP implementation then the Node Applet is OBE - not abandoned.

2 Likes