[DEPRECATED] Kasa Plug, Switch, and Bulb integration

I am using cloud currently. In RM I do not account for anything besides if the outlet is on or off. Should I move to node? Will this eliminate the comms error if there was any hiccups on refresh-cloud?

Don't go to the node. It will be the same problem. I will investigate the Hubitat norm for switch status and fix driver accordingly. Will adjust other areas as required.

Initial investigation complete. To keep you informed, I will be modifying the device handlers today to remove the off-line status from the switch state. Will follow-up with a rework to handle device health.

1 Like

Update 3.5.03. Modified Drivers to eliminate Switch states other than on/off. These may have been causing errors in some routines. Additionally, this conforms the attribute switch to standards.

Recommendation: Not required unless you are encountering errors.

I have updated all handlers. Will let you know as I see stuff. Thanks for everything Dave!

HS110 Energy Monitor Plug

Need Beta Tester. I have ported the HS110 Energy Monitor Plug Driver to Hubitat and need a tester to evaluate (test) the functionality before integrating into the baseline.

Any takers.

I only have a HS100 at the moment. Could be a good excuse to go buy one though :wink:

G

I am thinking of it also. I have an electric car and would like to see the charging consumption. But ......

Hrm, I'm having the issue where devices show up to install (cloud based), you can check them, and then click done, but nothing ever adds. I previously added an HS105 no problem.
Then I updated the driver and app. I tried again (I'm adding both an HS100 and HS105). The HS100 added, but the HS105 just doesn't want to add. Should I just go ahead and delete the app and try to reinstall it?

Dunno how much it matters, but when looking at the settings (? the gear icon), there are two "selectedDevices" entries, one with the plug that won't seemingly add, and one with the two successful plugs.

This is exactly what I did and it solved my problem. I had a problem where I could only add plugs that had been registered in Kasa when I actually added the app. It gave the exact same symptoms as you describe. Deleting the app and re-adding it sorted it. djgutheinz is aware of the issue and has replicated it but not sure he's managed to fix it yet.

G

The H110 plugs only handle up to 13A/3Kw (or less kW on some plugs if you go by some of the reviews on Amazon) would think that was below what you'd need for an electric car charger. Having a quick look around the smallest 2 or 3 chargers I found were 3kW and 16A. Also even if there are 13A/3kW chargers to be had they would quickly overwhelm these plugs and they'd shutdown with thermal overload.

Best option for that would be one of the DIN rail relays I would have thought. Think they handle way more than 3Kw with some handling up to 65A at 240v (so around 15kW) though to be fair I don't know enough about electric cars to be sure. At least then if you decide to put one of the 7kW chargers in you're covered.

G

good info on the two selectedDevices. Points to where the problem is at this time. for now, replacing and reinstalling may work. (I DO NOT LIKE THAT OPTION.)

Dave

I have a Chevy Volt, Class I charger. It maximizes at 12 Amp, but is normally 8 Amp. Using an HS105 (will handle 15 Amp per device label).

Dave

Ahhh you're in the land of funny electrics :wink: Apologies assumption again that you were in the UK :slight_smile:

G

Hrm, using 3.5.02 it seems. Is it the "TP-Link Hubitat Manager" on your GitHub page? That seems to be the same version, I don't see a 3.6.x

There is no 3.6 version yet. It is currently internal to me. I will update this afternoon.

Well, that would definitely explain why I don't see it :slight_smile: I'll test it this evening hopefully. Thanks!

Update to 3.6.01.

The latest driver and app versions on on GitHub. Additionally, I added a sub-directory with the last 3.5 version.

Changes:
Fix to problems with selectDevices not clearing in the App.
Added passing App Version to the Device Handler. This will be refined in further versions to allow a compare with the SmartApp to determine if there is an issue.
Other minor clean-up.

awesome, works for me. I didn't do any removal/add.. just replaced code, and went to install new devices. it took it this time.

1 Like

My first app install as a converted ex-ST user:

Installed this driver for my switches: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/Hubitat-TP-Link-Devices/master/Device%20Handlers/TP-Link%20Multi-Plug%20(Hubitat).groovy

Attempting to install this app: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/Hubitat-TP-Link-Devices/master/NodeJS%20Files/TP-LinkHub_v3.js

But I get this error message:

startup failed: Script1.groovy: 31: unexpected token: var @ line 31, column 6. for (var k in interfaces) { ^ 1 error on line null

Any advice?