[DEPRECATED] Kasa Plug, Switch, and Bulb integration

Anyway to calibrate the color?
When I choose the color in the device it's really off red is orange and so on.
I've read part of this tread I didn't find it

Thank you

Sadly, there is no calibration for color.

Could we get a setting to configure the energy reporting interval? IIRC it's hard coded at 30 min intervals.

Energy is every 30 minutes and reports TOTAL energy for the day. Power is based on the user-selectable "poll interval" (for plugs, down to 5 seconds) and reports current wattage.

Just to clarify, you want to report energy (total for the day) at a user-selected rate. What rate range?

Update. However, you can create custom "colors" by name. The device has built-in that ability using "Bulb Preset Create". You set the bulb up to the color you want, then create the preset. You can then call up the color using the Bulb Preset Set command. (A good starting point to set color is to use the Amazon (google??) set device to color command.)

Final to this is the preference "Synchronize Names" which will synchronize the names on this device with all the Hubitat-installed Kasa Bulbs. (Note: This function may not work if you migrated from the community app to the built-in app. Issue was with the staff developed migrate function.)

I realize my question is more loaded than what I wrote.

First, yes, I do mean reporting for the total energy usage for the day. I have about a dozen KP125/EP125s that I use for testing my app which does general energy monitoring. Having the polling so far a part adds delays during testing.

One of my hubs is still using the community app so I just updated the poling interval myself, but have a second hub running the built-in app. So, I suppose the request is only really pertinent if the change would get included in a hub update.

What about having the option to run in on the 5s? (5 min, 10, 15, etc.)?

I will look into it. One of several methods:

• hard code to run every 5 minutes (1 minute?)
  • Create new preference if I can figure out how to code without users having to do a Save Preferences when updating (always causes confusion).

It will take a week or so to finish coding and testing of the change, baselining, adding to HPM, and then passing to Hubitat staff for inclusion. Time to update built-in after that is up to the staff.

1 Like

Community Integration Update 2.3.5-1 available. Optional (not required if no problems).

Changes:

• Energy Monitor Devices: Added energyToday poll interval select of 1, 5, or 30 minutes.
  • All Devices: Added Manual IP and Port update in preferences (caution).

The update has been submitted to the staff for eventual inclusion at their discretion.

Code update to 2.3.5.1-1 is available and provides this function.

1 Like

Thanks boss!

So, I have an odd issue. Two kp125 plugs suddenly stopped working. One recovered after "messing with it" for a bit. The other has not.

If I use the test option from the app menu, it passes with the correct IP.

But, when issuing a command, the IP shows up as null.

If I manually set the IP from the device page, everything gets happy.

But as soon as I clear out the setting, we're back to null values in the logs.

Enter the IP address in the update IP address preference and run save preferences. I will look at today for a permanent fix (if I can replicate).

That's what I've done for a few that are "critical".

Do not clear out the setting. It will set the IP to NULL, which is the error you are getting.

I'm getting the NULL error on most of the devices without touching them. Was just illustrating that the error persists if I set it manually and then revert back.

I have not been able to duplicate yet.

I figured it out but I can't reproduce the problem. I realized this option was enabled:

I don't recall turning it on, but either way, it was. Note that the configs are the same as the automatically populated subnet info. I disabled the option and everything suddenly got happy. I tried to re-enable the setting to see if things broke again, but everything stayed happy. The other note-worthy item was the setting was staying on before, even when clicking "Done" to, presumably, re-initialize the app. After I turned it off once, I noted that the setting is automatically disabled when leaving the app page.

Maybe just a one-off problem.

1 Like

All of a sudden all my kasa devices today stopped updating. After playing around with it a bit, I think I've fixed some of them. It's hard to tell to be honest because I only use them for energy monitoring. But it seems like all the devices lost their IP settings even though the Kasa app still knows what it should be. I have a DHCP reserved address for all my devices that need it, so I know the IP on the router is correct. I can ping the devices from my computer.

But here's an example. I highlighted the KP115 the Dishwasher is on. When I open the device, here is what it shows

But yet, CommsError is somehow false.

When I scroll down and look at the data section it is missing a lot of stuff compared to another plug (One I think I've gotten working today).

As far as I know the only thing that has changed was an update that I downloaded through HPM fairly recently. That update also reset the energy polling interval of all my devices back to the default of 30 minutes, which hasn't happened from an update in a long time.

If I open the Kasa app and do the "Test devices" option, it correctly shows all the IPs and says passed for all the devices. I can't seem to get any of the data to re-populate.

Turn on debug logging for one of the devices and try issuing a command. Post the logs for the device.

1 Like

You can also go into the main app integration, and do a ping test from there as well as a comms test from there.

Also do devices work from the kasa app?