[DEPRECATED] Kasa Plug, Switch, and Bulb integration

Thanks for the info. I will look for trends for this.

That is true. I block sending events if a change has not occurred in the attribute value. This was because the Hubitat system (at one time) was not filter out no-change events and therefore causing rules to fire even though the event had not changed.

Based on this information, I think I want to change webcore to match the comms error section in the tp link devices and then leave as is for everything non tp. I'm not beholden to any particular configuration of searching for offline devices as long as it's accurate (the one im using is just one I copied off the internet).

I'll take a look at this tomorrow and see what I can work up. Thanks for the feedback.

I reconfigured webcore to search for comms errors: true/false and I confirmed it's working by removing power from some devices and running the monitoring.

The only thing that tripped me up was searching for a capital True or False and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. As soon as I validated that it was lowercase in the device and configured webcore to match, everything worked. This appears to be working correctly across all device types in TP Link. As long as there wasn't a comms error within the last 30 minutes (my polling is set to 30 mins) leading up to the 12:00 sweep, this should be very accurate.

1 Like

NEW Version 6.4.1 Available

I have updated to version 6.4.1. The main reason for this update is that suddenly there is a significant increase in communications errors starting with Hubitat version 2.2.8. This has impacted installation as well as normal device operations.

Update instructions are the same as usual. Remember, if updating, you must update both the app and the used device drivers. I keep these in-sync to assist my configuration management.

Updates:

• Switched to Library-based development. Groovy file will have a lot of comments related to importing the library methods into the driver for publication.
  • Added bulb and lightStrip preset capabilities.
  • Modified LAN communications timeouts and error handling to account for changes in Hubitat platform starting with 2.2.8.
1 Like

mikejg1953

3h

Trying to use Kasa App to add 2 wall switches, keep getting the following error,
Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: Ambiguous method overloading for method com.hubitat.app.InstalledAppWrapper#updateSetting. Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [class java.lang.String, null] due to overlapping prototypes between: [class java.lang.String, interface java.util.List] [class java.lang.String, interface java.util.Map]

• created

3h

• [

last reply

[](/u/m
Here's the log for the unexpected error
app:362021-10-18 11:31:03.521 am errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_app_davegut_Kasa_Integration_97.pollForIps() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (pollForIps)

app:362021-10-18 11:31:00.447 am errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_app_davegut_Kasa_Integration_97.pollForIps() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (pollForIps)

app:362021-10-18 11:30:57.376 am errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_app_davegut_Kasa_Integration_97.pollForIps() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (pollForIps)

app:362021-10-18 11:30:54.303 am errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_app_davegut_Kasa_Integration_97.pollForIps() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (pollForIps)

app:362021-10-18 11:30:51.237 am errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_app_davegut_Kasa_Integration_97.updateIpData() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (updateIpData)

app:362021-10-18 11:30:51.233 am errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_app_davegut_Kasa_Integration_97.pollForIps() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (p

Assuming you have updated to version 4.6.1. You must update both the driver versions as well as the app version. I say this because the methods "pollForIps()", and "updateIpData()" are no longer in the current code.

Assure you update to 4.6.1 and try again.

I got an error. Was it because I already had the beta code?

Thanks Dave, all back to normal.

1 Like

No. The same happened to me. It is bad. Your devices have been separated from your app.

A temporary fix is to copy the new app code manually over to the old app. That will keep the parent-child relationships. I am trying to think of some fix or why it happened. Did same procedure as for previous version (where I had no problems). I am thinking of dumping HSM support because of this.

Try doing a Match Up, then a Repair in HPM.

1 Like

I am assuming the second selection?

Yes.

That worked:

Used this integration with a KP400 plug and it works great!

1 Like

How do I stop these TRACE logs i'm getting?
I get them for every device, every 30 minutes.

Updated to delete the logTrace / log.trace test code.

Update using the the import function on the driver's edit page or using HPM "Repair".

That fixed it.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi. I read the preceding comment so I thought I'd update the driver.
I don't have the automatic update thing going, so I tried to use the manual update with the import location.
It didn't work. Gave me a 404 file not found error when pasted in a browser.
Did the cut-and-paste method, which worked.
Thanks.
edit: this is a plug switch

1 Like

Recently updated to 2.2.8 with C5 hardware.
Have a legacy RM to turn some KP400 (Hardware Version 1.0, Firmware Version 1.0.15) on and off for outdoor low voltage lights, based on sunrise/sunset + modifiers. No other Kasa devices in the system. Hubitat IP is fixed at 172.24.42.100. KP400s are fixed at 172.24.42.130 and 172.24.42.131. Router is Unifi UDM-Pro, IP 172.24.0.1. Networks are separated (i.e. IoT separate from other devices), but inter-network comms are fully allowed.

After update, the outlets/lights were not turning on. Update to latest (6.4.1) app and driver (non-EM multi-plug only).

KP400s are pingable and accessible via the Kasa app:

Have tried configuring both with no LAN segments and one LAN segment (172.24.42), but running the app never shows any devices.

Devices themselves still show old Kasa Integration version (5.3.1)

Suggestions on how to remedy this?

Thanks!