[RELEASE] Toggle API App - for NFC Tags with iOS Shortcuts or Android Tasker

Releasing this app to help those who want to use super-cheap NFC discs to trigger (or toggle) things like a door lock, garage door, or switch. Only supports these at the moment, however it’s trivial to add other capabilities if there are others needed.

Go into Shortcuts, add personal automation, via NFC scan (scan device with iphone XS or newer this should be automatic). Then use URL action and input the URL from the device within the app. Then chain to this shortcut which is also linked in the app.

Stick your NFC 215 tags by your door, etc. The automations run from your phone not the device, so they won't do anything for anyone other than you.

HPM install URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bdwilson/hubitat/master/Toggle-API/packageManifest.json

Github URL: hubitat/Toggle-API at master · bdwilson/hubitat · GitHub

Sorry, no docs yet. Yes you can also do this with rule machine but…rule machine is so ugh.

6 Likes

OK, I'm not a stalker, really. You are just making stuff that I like and will be using soon. I have the XS Max iPhone and want to see what I can do with NFC tags around the home. I always have my phone with me and using it to start things with a "tap" would be cool. I look forward to using this.

1 Like

This is very cool! Glad I happened across this. I saw a lot of random things that were much more complicated than this. Thanks man.

Could we add button to this? It would be super useful.

Please could you help with more instructions for Android phones.

For Apple it was easy to install Shortcut, then put the API, all very simple, but Android, which I do not master, and need for a person who works in my house, is very difficult.

What application do I have to put on Android? And how to put the Toggle API?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.