[RELEASE] Tile Builder Rooms now available on HPM

I think what you are asking is how do you delete a device\attribute that is not at the bottom. At this point you can only delete the last item on the list.

You can re-assign a device you no longer want to use the Tile Builder Storage Device, select the emptyAttribute and then assign it an icon of None. I'd like to improve upon this but that is the limit for the moment.

The GridGap is quirky, you have to assign it as "0", not just 0.

I see your point, such as implement the illusion of an L-shaped room by adjusting the wall colors independently. Good thought, I'll add it to the noodle list.

I settled for 2 as a space saving compromise but I see the utility in what you are saying. Your other choices are buy a new house or brick up existing openings.

1 Like

You are running the Standard version. The limits for that are three devices and no Icon Bars. Although it's limited it can still generate some quite useful multi-function tiles like this, complete with animation.

I have a call into the Realtor :slight_smile:

1 Like

A builder might be better, that way he can match the Hubitat dashboard grid. :laughing:

2 Likes

Is there a way to display device name under icon?

Thanks

If you are placing a Value Text or Value Numeric then you can append some text to the result and use [br] to create a line break.

Otherwise you can place a 2nd device of type Value Text, choose a blank Icon and then enter the text you want and place it anywhere. For this choose the Tile Builder Storage Driver and the "emptyAttribute" as your source.

The thinking is that between the placement and the Icon that would be enough identifying information in most circumsances.

1 Like

I understand its meant to get its identification from the placement in the room. I was going to create single line rooms (similiar to Home Assistant and use them for my cell phone. 6 lights in a row would have no meaning when checking remotely. I may try to do what you suggested, I figured that was an option. Maybe too much work to do though. Really great app, but may stick to my current Hubitat dashboards for my cell phones.

I was a little torn about what to do with my Mobile. I like the idea of having everything fit in the page and still be usable, but that's not really practical on a phone sized device.

Took a little while for me to get used to the idea of scrolling around using my Rooms dashboard but now I'm used to it I like having the same experience on any device. I've got rid of several dashboards and now I'm down to 2 production and one test\documentation.

Not sure why you are getting that error, on my device it opens the PDF within a window. But I'd recommend downloading the doc anyway.

Note the use of Rotate 90 to get a opening on a vertical wall. There are several different opening lengths to choose from and you can adjust the size by using the Open\Closed Size Change field.

1 Like

Well, that was fun! Obviously not to scale or even laid out exactly correctly. But close enough.

Don't know what I'm going to do when you come up with new cool things, though. I'm down to one usable slot. Is it possible to have multiple instances of Tile Builder?

Updt: I was going to ask how often icon bars update but I think the lag I'm seeing is with the Ecobee integration. Data from other devices seem to be updating fine.

1 Like

Nice work, and you never asked any questions along the way! Was the interface intuitive enough or did you refer to the documentation at times? On the Porch you are using the Home icon. Are you using that for HSM? I thought about building in an HSM device but don't use it myself and was not clear on the states.

Yes, you can have up to 5 instances. So you really have 101 slots left.

I found that my Envisalink (contact sensor processor) was responding really slow to open's and closes. I would not have known it without the visual aid. But to answer your question the Icon Bars update as soon as any attribute changes, just like all the others.

I'm experimenting with drawing a house plan to use as a background. Just curious to see if that looks better or not.

Thanks for sharing. There is a long winter around the corner so plenty of time for tweaking.

I referred to the documentation a few times. It's enough like the other modules that I could find my way around without too much guessing. And the documentation, as always, was stellar!

The only thing that would have made it easier would be having a way to save the style, rather than having to enter it for every tile. I got pretty fast at it by the last tile, though.

No. I'm using for presence. It's a Home when I'm present and a car when I'm not. Just an easy check for presence if I'm out and about.

BTW, I find I don't mind scrolling on my phone with this dashboard.

Yay! Chances are I'll be using at least a few of those. :wink:

I thought of doing that. I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with, before deciding if I want to go to the trouble. My house has some interesting nooks and corners. This layout isn't an exact representation, but it's close enough to see where things are.

1 Like

If it doesn’t work then it’s a bug. It did work the last time I tested it but I don’t use that device type in my house so it could easily be broken and I wouldn’t know it.

Just tried it and it didn’t work. I’ll put it on my fix list and release an update within a few days. Thanks for pointing out the error.

1 Like

Found a solution for my cell dashboards. I created many 1 icon (device) tiles. Then used the title text for my device names or whatever. This keeps the text attached to the tile whenever it is moved. Using 3 storage devices for my 3 dashboards. A lot of work creating the many tiles, but worth it. Tile cloning would have sped everything up, but I realize the app was not intended for this purpose. great app.

1 Like

Hi @jabecker .
In your post above that shows your rooms, I notice that your bulbs that are off are grey.
I cannot seem to find that anywhere. If you don't mind, how are you doing this.
Thanks.

You could use gradient 9, it's quite close.

But I'm guessing @jabecker did a black circle with an opacity of about 0.3.

1 Like

Can I encourage new posters to go to the main Tile Builder thread here for comments\help. I'm trying to keep things together. This was just meant to be an announcement thread.

Thanks.

1 Like

@garyjmilne is essentially correct. Here are my bulb settings. The box shadow on "Icon On" is yellow to create more of a glow when the bulb is on.

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 12.23.19 PM

2 Likes

Bug has been located and fixed. Look for an update in the next few days for this and a couple of other minor items.

You can ask HE to close this thread if you want to keep people from using this one.