[RELEASE] Tile Builder - Build Beautiful Dashboards

That is correct. If you want to be able to access those tiles remotely you must either keep them under 1,024 or have a VPN. I'm hoping that if enough people use Tile Builder we can lobby to have the 1,024 byte limit on Dashboard lifted as it's rather arbitrary.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, that's what I was expecting to hear. Prior to getting that limitation changed, It will just require me to be a bit more creative with my tiles.

Best space saves you can use is probably filtered lists. Don't show me all the doors, just the open ones. I think I'll add an option that a user must click on to allow tiles greater than 1,024.

2 Likes

Yup! I just changed my full Battery listing tile to be a filtered list - "Batteries to Watch"

1 Like

I also have an Activity Monitor tile that monitors my battery devices and shows me the 5 that have not been heard from in the longest time. I've had batteries die still claiming to be at 100%.

2 Likes

Looking mighty handsome in hubiVue dashboard app, using its "HTML Tile" feature!

1 Like

Fun to see someone use Tile Builder in a way that I not imagined.

1 Like

Any plans to allow rotation of tables, so that headers appear on left or right edge and device/status data runs horizontally?

BTW, good job on minifying your CSS and HTML! I inspected sample output for ways to save space, and doubt there's much more you could have done.

You may even want to warn users that introducing custom colors, fonts, sizing, padding, etc. could greatly expand the size of their HTML (thus affecting local-only operation, as discussed above).

The issue appears to have been the > 1024. I reduced the number of devices and got the size below 1024 and all look the same now.

1 Like

< 1,024 it just loads native HTML\CSS. Greater than 1,024 it loads into an iFrame and loses some precision.

If there is demand for it I would consider it, but it seems like an infrequent use case as the resulting table is considerably less square and a more awkward fit on the dashboard.

Thanks, that was one of the challenges was shrinking it enough so that a tile could still contain a decent amount of data.

I think I'm going to add a switch that you actively select to allow tiles greater than 1,024 along with a little blurb regarding the pro's and con's.

1 Like

I hope you give it another go.

Sorry I missed your question. Someone else posted later in the thread that they had done exactly that.

Just closing the loop on a few things.

I've been using this as my gold standard reference. Do you have some not on this list?Driver Capability List | Hubitat Documentation

Certainly I'd love people to point out any errors although as you suggest those are best handled via DM.

1 Like

If you updated to 1.2.8 there were some corrections to Styles data. To make sure your Style info is up to date you can click on Rebuild Default Styles as shown below. This is in the parent app.

When in doubt, stick with the Docs as administered by HE. My list incorporates a few capabilities mentioned in Rule Machine and some official as well as 3rd party device drivers and apps as well, but I have no way to know if the nomenclature has shifted since first encountering.

I'm not an app dev myself, just a curious end user.

Id like to support you in this and pay for the advanced license, however I dont use paypal, any other way to pay for the licensing?

Edit. nevermind just realized I can do cc on that page.

1 Like

Is there a way we can incorporate the HTML Meter in your Tile Builder?
https://webcode.tools/generators/html/meter

I'd just like to add that Gary's Help PDF reads like a Master Class for all future developer documentation. He didn't just come out of the gate strong, his boots have jet engines strapped to them!

And to read that he's already planning a multi-device multi-capability Monitor module .... ::swoon::

Again, kudos! #takeMyMoney

6 Likes

Not yet, there is a pretty simple change I need to make to enable that so I expect it will be soon. A little bit of preliminary testing this AM looked like this.

It's not optimized for space so I need to look at that.

5 Likes