[RELEASE] The Flasher - Flash your lights based on several triggers

The app simply uses on and off to make any light flash. To troubleshoot, set the color to 'soft white' and set the 'Milliseconds for lights to be on/off' longer, say 2000 (2 sec) just to see if it is flashing, 700 ms used in your log might be too fast for the bulb to handle.

Turns out if either color pre-staging or level pre-staging are enabled the lamp will not flash with THE FLASHER.

I'm a big fan of yours now that I've used a couple of your apps - Web Pinger for a dodgy internet connection and now The Flasher for notifying me upstairs when any of our contact sensors are opened. I have little experience in groovy but was able to tweak WP to fit my needs a little better.

I wanted to ask, how difficult would it be to add HSM alerts to the triggers? I saw the capabilities in The Flasher's child code, but not sure how involved it would be to add HSM intrusion/delay alerts.

Thanks for all you do!

1 Like

Thanks, I'll add it to the list of things to do.

1 Like

No option to flash indefintely?

I can add it to the list of things to do

1 Like

Hi @bptworld

Thanks for this app, I use it to flash my sons bedroom lights to tell him it's bedtime (he is 4) and he already knows that when the lights flash 4 times it's bedtime. What I wanted to ask is can you already or could you add the option to select specific days. So I want to flash his lights at 19:30 every night, but on Friday and Saturday night he can stay up till 20:00 so will flash the lights at that time.

Thanks again

Added to the list!

1 Like

Awesome app! Any chance of adding leak detectors. That would be greatly appreciated! Also, can't figure out how to get to advanced config, want to keep outside lights on after flashing.

Thanks, Added to the list

?? There is no advanced config in The Flasher

No, don't have advanced config

@bptworld
maybe an option to select keep state, so if was on when it started flashing, keep on etc. Or an option at the end to say what do you want to do after the flashing, turn switch xyz on or off.

This is how it works now. First thing it does is save the original state, performs selected options, then resets the original state.

Okay just checked mine and the lights were on, it flashed 4 times and the lights stayed off?

Yes, same here. Lights were on but ended up off after flashing.

Could you add to Room Director in the notification section to turn on a switch? Then use it to trigger flasher before turning off lights?

New version on GitHub...

1.0.5 - 04/25/20 - Added moisture trigger, days restriction

1 Like

Bryan, while reviewing the app, I noticed the parent's title;
The Flasher Parent OLD App

OLD ??

lol, Even my comment lines are analyzed and critiqued! Deep breath... :roll_eyes:

I updated the code and removed the word old from the commented line.

2 Likes

Where would you be without pendanticists? heh

I'll confirm what's mentioned a few post upstream, it's not returning to original state.