[Release] Tasmota Sonoff Hubitat Driver & Device Support

I'm sorry but I still don't understand why you have to look at what chip the plug is using. They are all using ESP8266 of your can't use TASMOTA. Correct?

Oh this is cool. After looking at your drivers I get it. If I already know the template names, will your connect app find sonoff devices and allow you to apply templates to generic devices without having to create a new driver in Hubitat?

The main chip (MCU) is the ESP8266, many devices have secondary chips for things such as Temperature reading, Energy Monitoring, or even to turn on and off the relays and receive button presses (such as many of the Tuya wall switches). These are the chips you must know to which pins they are connected. Tasmota handles the communication with these secondary chips. Same goes for any LEDs and buttons on the devices, those you also need to know where they are connected to.

1 Like

The auto-discovery feature of Tasmota Connect is broken, but you can use it and input the IP of the device, then you can apply templates to "any" device. At least as long as you don't have special features needed, such as energy monitor or temperature monitor. For those, you would need to start with a generic driver for them. Some devices require much more than just a Template, such as Tuya wall switches using the TuyaMCU. But you can start with the Generic driver and go from there, please leave a comment in my 7.x release thread about which devices work with which driver and Template so that others can get the benefit as well.
Do note that in the non-generic drivers, there are sometimes additional settings being set in Tasmota. The Command functions of the Tasmota firmware are used frequently to set things like LedPower, LedState and setOption81. See here.

2 Likes

I'm using firmware 6.7.1 with eric's drivers. They are basic and mini devices, so they are fully compatible with them. I haven't tried yet your drivers with tasmota 7.x, but I'll have to do it and see if there are no more huge logs. Apart from this, they are working like a charm. No issues except those logs, and I don't find a way to cut them.
Thank you for your reply. I'll try your drivers and let you know.

Please do, looking forward to it, if you can't get the driver to be almost completely silent, do tell me and I'll make some adjustments, it should be as silent as it can. If you see messages you don't think you need to see, talk with me in the other thread and we'll see how to best resolve this.

As I worte in my last reply, I'm using 6.7.1 firmware released by ericm, so there sohuld be no problem with it. Anyway, I'll try 7.x firmware released by markus and see if it get's solved. Thank you.

Ok, thank you. See you there.

1 Like

Hello,
I am a bit new to this and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a Driver for a Garage Door relay with a Reed sensor.
AGSHOME Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener Remote - Flashed OTA to Tasmota 8.1.0

Configured with the following template
{"NAME":"Garage Opener","GPIO":[0,107,0,108,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0],"FLAG":0,"BASE":54}

When I connect directly to the device, everything works as expected with the sensor confirming the off and on position off the door.
However when trying to load it into hubitat I am having trouble finding a driver that reads that status of the sensor instead of the off or on button I clicked.

Any ideas are appreciated

Thanks
David

1 Like

Welcome to the Hubitat forum!
That is a TuyaMCU-based device, and it might need some special handling in the driver. To know what is needed, check the console for the message when the door is opened/closed.
As for getting the status to Hubitat, with the original Tasmota firmware it needs to either be done by polling or via an MQTT server and gateway. There's a modified version of Tasmota for Hubitat which can get instant status updates. For TuyaMCU you need 7.x or 8.x, 6.7.1 doesn't work. Downgrading from 8.1.0 can be tricky, but it CAN be done. There's a Hubitat version for 8.1.0, but this has not been tested much since it was released yesterday.
For more information, check this thread:

Thanks! I will do some poking around with the MCU drives and see what I find.

Thanks again
David

@Hilikusjade

Hey David,

I have a AGSHome Garage door and curious how you flashed this device with Tasmota. Can you retrace your steps please?

I tried using tuya-convert but either I'm doing something wrong or maybe you used something else possibly.

Eric I am new to all of this including GitHub. I have a simple question I am struggling to find the answer to. If I flash the firmware rather than using OTA do I need to go through the minimal version first.
I am very comfortable with a soldering iron but not with coding.
Brian

No if you are downloading to the chip via wire you do NOT need to program the minimal first.

Only OTA requires this step to create enough free space to support uploading of a file bigger than 512.

Have anyone tried with this Sonoff E27 Buld Holder?

Can't seem to find the sonoff-wifi-switch for tasmota. What about the simple sonoff basic and the sonoff 5V mini's? Where are those device drivers for Hubitat?

Hmmm, I think if you want to try Tasmota & Hubitat, you might want to check:

Or there might be other projects at this point, I'm not sure. That project went a lot further than mine did with Tasmota.

Thank you for reply. The thing I most like about yours is it does not use parent/child structure. So, I end up only having one device listed in Hubitat. The others, including Hubduino have a parent for every host ip address and a child for every sensor/output capability. So, in my case these are all individual hosts with one function so it just starts look too cluttered. Yours is much cleaner in its presentation for simply sonoff devices. I have been using the original release for years now with no or very little failure. If I change firmware to Tasmota on even one of these then I'd want them all to be controlled over the same app. Your sonoff connect is better suited for me, but I have three sonoff basic switches and you dont have a driver for those with -tasmota, so that's the problem.

I believe the Sonoff S20 driver should work with those devices.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.