[RELEASE] Tasmota for HE - Auto-detecting Tasmota drivers + Tasmota firmware 7.x/8.x for HE (for use with Tuya, Sonoff and other ESP devices)

Just flashed yours back and shutter mode is back disabled... Maybe it's a setting in yours that disables it. I am seeing a few more settings in the official build.

YOUR BUILD:

OFFICIAL BUILD:

I created the shutter and now, it appears 4 child devices get created. 3 for each of the individual buttons and 1 for the shutter. Unfortunately, there's no real child device for the shutter so it only has the "Refresh" command for now.

Sorry, what do you mean by this? The template or something else?

If the only thing you set was the template, then that is enough. That it is not active in my firmware is odd and something I need to understand why. I use the same compile settings, except for domoticz, which is not supposed to contain this feature, but maybe there is a hidden dependency.

@markus Hubitat Package Manager tells me I have a package that can be updated. When trying to update Tasmota I get an error,

Do you have an idea what’s wrong? I’ve seen this before but now it’s been like this for a few days.

That is not a lot of information to go on, anything more in the logs? That file exists, there have been no changes in the release side of things since mid-June.

Here's the template I set:
{"NAME":"Zemismart Curtain","GPIO":[56,0,0,19,23,18,0,0,17,21,0,22,0],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}.

I made some other changes in the console specific to my shutter e.g. Configuring time it takes to open and close and what each button does. Changes made in console are below:

.# ShutterMode 0 First relay: OFF/DOWN, Second relay: OFF/UP
SetOption80 1
ShutterRelay1
.# interlock relays
Backlog Interlock 1,2,3; Interlock ON
.# turn off PulseTimes (just in case they were previously enabled)
Backlog PulseTime1 0; PulseTime2 0; PulseTime3 1
.# assign UP and DOWN buttons
Backlog ShutterButton1 1 up 1; ShutterButton1 2 down 1
.# durations: opening takes 27 seconds, closing takes 27 seconds
Backlog ShutterOpenDuration1 27; ShutterCloseDuration 27

Thanks a lot for looking into this!

I had really disabled this feature, I will add it back in and re-release 8.3.1 with support for this. I'll announce it when it is done. I will also have a look at how this works and see if I can add a child-driver that can use it properly.

Nice thanks!

Also, any chance you can add the ability to turn off warning messages? My Tasmota bulbs are connected to a regular switch and so, when the switch is turned off, the bulbs lose their presence and I end getting a lot of warning messages. I would have turned off presence but I use presence to determine when the bulbs are off (if they haven't been present for about 5 mins, the switch gets turned off in HE).

Thanks

Tasmota flashed Topgreener dimmer.
Configured and working directly.
Hubitat device doesn't show dimming.
Device will toggle from dashboard.
Set up in Hubitat as Sonoff Basic.
Wondering if there is a driver I am missing

Don't even know which driver you are using? You should use the Universal Parent one. When you don't have your device in the dropdown list, use "Generic Device" and set the template under Device Template.

Do dimming work on the Tasmota device webpage? What have you tried? Which commands have you run to configure the TuyaMCU? What is the output of the command "tuyamcu" in the Tasmota console?

One last thing, PMing me about help without me asking you to is a good way to make me not want to answer, just to be clear.

What model of lights are you using @Sebastien and where did you purchase yours pls?

I got it working, but it needs to be tweaked.
So here is what I did after flashing
Module parameters
TuyaMCU 54
GPIO13 TuyaRx 108
GPIO15 TuyaTx 107
Console Commands
WebLog 4
TuyaMCU 21,3 - Dimming
dimmerrange 40,254 (Actual range 25,254)
WebLog 2

Followed directions in T4HE Installation and installed all code.
Created Parent/Child for dimmer.
Set up Child as Generic Component Dimmer
One issue is that the response time from issuing the command (dimming level) until the connected load responds is approximately 6 seconds.
Some other things I need to work on is the actual button on the dashboard and setting up a schedule.

Is it the same on the Tasmota web interface, or only from inside HE?

Should have stated this,
I happens on both the Tasmota Web Interface or the Dashboard.
The command shows on the Tasmota console immediately then the load about 6 seconds later.

I found it.
Fade was set to ON
Turned it OFF and its faster but still a nice smooth fast fade.
I tried setoption91 and found that on toggle it doesn't work as stated.

Many of the fade-related options don't work as expected when TuyaMCU is used, this is because the ESP8266 chip doesn't have direct control over how the secondary MCU executes commands. There may be serial commands that can change how fading is done on the secondary MCU, but that would be device-specific and something you'd have to discover on your own. The first step would be to run " SerialSend5 55aa0001000000" to know which dpIds exist and what type they are, then work from there. The docs for TuyaMCU have some hints, but in the end it will be device specific.

@chillibenny, I have the Globe lights from Costco Canada. They come in a pack of 3.

https://www.costco.ca/globe-electric-led-a19-wi-fi-smart-bulb%2c-3-pack.product.100573294.html

They are $30 for 3, so a very good price. They are not as good as the Inovelli (ZWave) or Phillips (Zigbee) bulbs, but much, much cheaper!

Cheers bud :+1:

There is now a curtain child driver in the Beta version of the drivers. If your curtain works in Tasmota as a curtain, T4HE should now detect it as a Curtain device if you install the Curtain child driver first.

This has been added to all my drivers in Beta, it should work, but I have not tested it much. Please report any issues with this.

What is left to do is re-compile my version of Tasmota with Curtain/shutter support, probably will do that tomorrow.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks much! Is there a way to gain access to the beta version?