[DEPRECATED] Tasmota 7.x/8.x firmware for Hubitat + Tuya, Sonoff and other drivers

Yes, though I don't have one, so you would have to tell me how you would expect it to work? Which capabilities? Which Tasmota commands should be used to control the two different modes?
I can order one after the Chinese New Year, they're very cheap and since I'm in China delivery is fast, but even so, delivery will be in February.

Sounds good but i think i have just worked it out by issuing the pulsetime command in the console of the device and it now toggles on/off which is what i was trying to do. Probably not worth it's own driver as it works fine with the normal SV one.

Ok, then let's wait until the refactored drivers come, there it would make sense to add this as a template in the App instead.

1 Like

Hello everyone. I would like to start by saying thank you everyone for all the hard work and time you've invested into making it possible for someone like me to be able to make all of my devices work so well. I now have all of my smart switches working flawlessly. I do have a request though. I have a sonoff ifan03. I replaced the capacitors and used a driver posted in another post. Problem is that after losing wifi the ifan03 has gone completely on the fritz. Would it be possible to get a driver that works with the modified Tasmota like the others posted here? Thanks again for everything.

Hi @Secundinogriego, nice to hear it works well for you. I'm in the process of refactoring all drivers, once that is done I can look at the Sonoff Ifan03, what is it that you want it to do?
Which driver are using right now and what do you mean by "on the fritz"? It is probably a very minor thing to get it to work with my new and upcoming driver, it is going slower than I had expected due to life interfering :stuck_out_tongue: Now I don't even have the 1 hour daily I had when I wrote this to begin with. But it will pick up again...
Please describe more in detail what you are looking for :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. This is where I got the driver [RELEASE] Sonoff iFan03 Tasmota Driver
It was working then when my router went down, all of the devices I used your driver with came back up and work as normal. The Ifan03 never came back up. Did not connect to the router or hubitat, nor did it give the tasmota wifi signal to connect to and setup (I'm sorry for my poor terminology, like I said... Without your help and the other contributors of the hubitat community I would be lost.) It does have power because when the switch is toggled the light flashes. I will take it down tomorrow and reflash.
The functionality I am looking for is light on and off, fan on off and fan speed control (low, medium, High).
Absolutely no rush and thank you for all the work you've done and for taking the time to even reply.

OK good news after going through everything on my router and everything I could think of, I discovered that the IP address changed with the router cycling.

Ok, that is probably the main difference with my drivers from the other one, my drivers use the MAC address to follow the ip, unless you specify a fixed IP. That way it works in more types of networks. I use assigned IPs in a separate subnet for my IoT, some use VLANs and others do even more complex things, it all depends on what you want to prioritize/accomplish as well as interest and knowledge. If it works for you and you're satisfied with the level of security you have, all is good :slight_smile:

has anyone tested the hubitat-tasmota ir 8.1.0 bin yet just wonder if it is at all possible to send ir commands to a tv or cable box

The IR driver isn't complete, noone has really showed much interest of it until now, but once I've refactored the other drivers I'll add sending commands. The IR driver is for receiving only right now.

oh ok was just seeing if was possible but when you do refactor the drivers let me know i can help be
a guinea pig if you would like, for now i'll just use my openhab server to send commnads ir commands to my ir blaster but thanks for quick reply

1 Like

TuyaMCU CE Smart Home WF500D Dimmer (EXPERIMENTAL)

I attempted your driver - sorry for the delay, I've been away. It works via hubitat now, my dpid was 3 instead of 2. However, it doesn't seem to support google home at all, any ideas?

Exactly which TuyaMCU commands did you run in the end? Would like to add them to the device specs in the new driver.

The capabilities are probably wrong, it will probably be solved with the new driver I will be releasing soon, but if you want to test what works before then, it's the capabilities you would need to change. Exactly which ones can't go together for Google Home to work with a dimmer I do not know for sure since I don't use Google Home.

Hello, noob here (I know, I'm sorry).

I just can't seem to figure out how to use all this information. I have a ZooZee sa102 that I OTA tuya convert flashed to Tasmota 8.1.0.2 just fine and I'm, of course, trying to use it with Hubitat. Some of this terminology is eluding me. I assume what I need to do is "migrate" to the hub supported modified 8.1 version, then set the corresponding driver. But looking at the github readme and text files, i'm missing something. lol idk wtf I'm reading xD. I think i'm supposed to swap some files on my ota card and re-flash(?) the plug?!?!? lol, I just don't know where I'm supposed to be reading. I'm so confused I don't even know what question I should be asking. smh...

It is confusing, I know... Working on improving that significantly in a future release...

For now, here's some pointers.
The modified Tasmota firmware to use is tasmota-hubitat-8.1.0.bin from:

But you will also need to use tasmota-minimal-8.1.0.bin to get there.

The guide here should be MUCH better than the README:

You need to use the template for Tasmota from here:

And the driver to use is this:

All of this can be a lot, so no need to say you're sorry, I can see you tried, that is what is important. We've all been noobs in one thing or another at some point.

Hope this helps, or at least helps you come with specific questions :wink: Tell me how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to use this after the install.

TuyaMCU 21,3

edit: I also had to update my DimmerRange to 25,255 otherwise I couldn't reach full brightness

The Google Home integration worked after I removed all of tasmota connect and reinstalled.

Thank you, I’ll add that to the future new driver.

Great you got it working, it does sound like you had an older version of the driver with the incorrect capabilities set. The App would not need to be reinstalled. If that was needed something is wrong...

Hi @markus. I've just received one of these. Here is some more info on it. Is this something you could develop a driver for? Keen to use this with Hubitat.

That should be doable, but I would probably need to get one. I have no device like it, and of those types I only have the QS-WIFI-D01-TRIAC, QS-WIFI-S03-2C and QS-WIFI-S04-2C. The first one is a dimmer, but with only one channel.
Can you confirm that the model you have is QS-WiFi-D02-TRIAC-2C?
With the new driver I'm making, once it works on Tasmota it would be trivial to make it work in Hubitat...

EDIT: Found one on Taobao and ordered it, but they won't ship for another week or so due to the Chinese New Year. At least... But when they do ship it will normally only take 2-3 days.
@jchurch I also ordered the Sonoff BASICZBR3 :slight_smile: If they're good as repeaters I'll get a couple more... Did you try them?

1 Like

Wow, fantastic you managed to order one already! Really looking forward to seeing what you can do with it. It's the cheapest way I can find to dim two lights. If I can get it integrated to HE with your wonderful help, I'll pepper my house with them!