[RELEASE] Springs Window Fashions Sheer Shade Driver

Not sure there's anything else I can do here. The issue is in the dashboard, not the driver.

The roller shade driver is setting the switch value to off when the level is set at zero. Any other level sets the switch value to on. When the value is on, the tile is yellow. When the value is off, the tile should be gray.

I have seen the shade position move to a specific value (position 1) and can see the shade move, but then the hub reports back that it's in position 0 (closed).

If anyone here can shed some additional light on the dashboard templates, I'm happy to dig deeper but at this point, I'm at a loss as to why the dashboard tile changes colors simply be leaving and returning.

This driver worked well for for my ZebraBlinds Graber Z-wave Roller Shades for six months and then last week the shades stopped responding. I thought it might be related to the 2.2.8 update, but if no one else is having issues it must be something else.

I've not seen any change since updated to 2.2.8 (2.2.8.133 through 2.2.8.152). No changes to the driver and it's still working the same.

New HE user here, working on setting up my Bali (Spring Window Fashions) motorized roller shades. I have one shade setup as a device along with its remote. I'm trying to add it to my Google Home to control with voice--the Generic Z-Wave drivers associate the device as a light and I'm unable to separate the actual Lutron light switch with the Bali shade.
The SWF Driver is fantastic--first, let me thank you for your work on the driver! I can add it to a HE Dashboard and the device works correctly. However when I use the driver with the Bali device and try to add that to GH, the device is not found by GH. Is this a known behavior, or should the SWF Driver allow addition to GH for voice control?

This sound like a GH issue. I'm not going to be much help here as I don't use GH so I have no way of testing it.

Does GH control the shades if you use the standard SWF driver? If so, I can look in to what the differences might be. If the standard driver doesn't work either, it's makes me think it's a GH >--> HE issue.

Perhaps someone that uses GH can chime in here?

I'm guessing you are using the native Google Home integration, which has limited device support. You may want to look into the community integration, which should give you more control.

That said I haven't determined how to get it to "support" command "Hey Google set the to sheer". So the best you would get is set the blind to open/closed/percentage.

To provide some additional clarity on the SWF driver with GH--if I use the GH home app and the SWF driver for the device, the GH app is unable to control the device. So neither app nor voice control appears to work.

I'm working on @amdbuilder suggestion of using the Google Home Community, but having issues with GH being able to integrate with my devices. But that's another issue all together.

Is anyone else seeing issues using scenes to close the shades? My shades work fine from the device itself, and setting a scene to dim anywhere from 1-99 will move the shade properly. However when configuring a scene that tries to turn off or dimmed the shades to 0 (truly closed) the shade never responds.

I'm able to work around it using Virtual Switches to trigger an automation handler setup through basic rules that dims them to 0. So I wanted to share that if anyone else runs into this. But also if there is a fix or work around to get the scenes to work, that would simplify some things.

Hello, first let me say thank you for this driver, as my shades are a major part of my home automation, and the most use devices in my entire house!

I seem to be having an issue when trying to set the open or closed position.

I received the following error in the log when I try to set the position.

2021-11-26 04:01:34.444 pm
[error] org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_MHedish_Springs_Window_Fashions_Roller_Shade_474.startPositionChange() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [close]
Possible solutions: stopPositionChange() (method startPositionChange)

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you!

Does anyone know how to adjust the lower limit of those shades without their remote? I was hoping the stopPositionChange() will do it for me, but it just calls stop(), so it's not it. Advice will be appreciated!

+1

I was hoping to not have to go through the process of 'associating' the Bali-branded remote again after moving the shades from the now-abandoned SmartThings platform to HE (a good move regardless of Samsung's/others' pitiful approach to moving forward). Alas, even this driver doesn't permit me to define the bounds of each shade within the context of its window fitting.

It looks as though this thread staled out so I figured I'd post one last ditch request to see if anyone has any other suggestions?

Thx!

My research didn't yield any results so I ended up ordering the remote. I can't say I am looking forward to the process of pairing-adjusting-unpairing the remote for 20 shades.

I’m with ya there, I only have 10 shades, but it is definitely a pain. Really too bad the driver couldn’t be fixed. I wish I knew enough to fix it myself, but I don’t.

You don't have to exclude/include to get the remote to adjust Limits. Rather, use the Associate option. You'll need to Include the remote with your hub first, though. Once that's done, it'll still require you press the Include/Associate button on each shade but the upside is that it doesn't Exclude the hub in the process--hub inclusion and device-to-device association work in parallel.

That said, I've had maybe a 75% success rate with it so your mileage may vary as much as mine. For those that didn't work after Associating, I got irritated and went through the whole Exclude, Set Limits, Include procedure.

Good to know! What does it mean "include remote with the hub"? Do I add it as a z-wave device? If so, what type?

And what's the process of "Associating"?

Right, the remote shows up under HE Devices page. To Associate, simply select the option under the Z-Wave menu on the remote. It'll ask you to push the button on the shade which, for me, I need to hold for 3 seconds and it associates almost immediately.

Ah, got it, it's a remote term. I think I got the one without a screen, but I'll figure it out. Thanks!

Update: The simplest two buttons remote is only added via Z-Wave reset. So, reset->pair to remote-> adjust ->reset->pair back to Hubitat. FUN.

Ok, I've just created myself a bunch of ghost Z-wave devices. How smart of me. Updated process:

1. Create a virtual shade
  2. Switch in apps from real to virtual
  3. Exclude the shade
  4. Reset
  5. Pair to remote
  6. Adjust
  7. Reset the shade and the remote
  8. Pair back to Hubitat
  9. Switch in apps from virtual back to real
  10. Delete the virtual shade.

Easy.

It's not actually just for remotes, it's part of the Z-Wave standard. Here's a decent explanation I found if you're interested.

"Association is different to Inclusion. The Inclusion function of a device “includes” the device into a network, allowing it to communicate with other network devices. The association function “associates” two devices, enabling them to communicate directly without the need for a central controller. Most devices have a button that sets the device to Inclusion/Association mode."