[RELEASE] Springs Window Fashions Sheer Shade Driver

Thanks for that, loaded that up and on its own no issues. I also dont expect any issues from ABC as well. Thanks for supporting this change request

I have a total of 6 blinds using the roller shade driver now. On my dash board 3 of the shade tiles stay lit yellow when the shade reports closed, and 3 go back to being gray when the shade reports closed. All shades are reporting level 0 and position 0 in their individual device page. Any idea what would cause this behavior? Thanks!

Can you send a copy of the logs for one that stays yellow and one that goes back to gray as well as a screenshot of the settings for each?

Hi. Hope I'm providing the correct log:
Shade that stays yellow no matter the position:

Shade setting screen shot

I just realized that with the Springs Window Driver that all the icons stay the color they are regardless of the shade position. The ones that are gray stay gray if they are closed, open, partially open and the ones that are yellow, stay yellow if they are closed, open, partially open. I think it depends on their state when I switched from Generic Driver to Spring Window driver, if they were yellow when switched they stay yellow etc...

Log from a shade I reverted to Generic Driver where the icon color behaves correctly:
MB 1 Log
Settings from shade:

Thanks. Which template are you using for the tile in the dashboard?

I don't use the dashboards as much as I use WebCoRE. The tiles I see in my dashboard do show the proper state name (as it changes) and the sliders work fine. Mine don't change color though.

It's all grey all the time.

I'll try and duplicate what you're seeing.

Im using the shade template.
The state changes fine, the icon changes fine, however the tile color is always stuck, unlike the generic driver which is dynamic. Thank you for looking into this.

Fixed! :wink:

Well, not really a fix so much as a change to accommodate how the dashboards work. It took a little reverse engineering to figure out what triggered the background color change.

I still don't quite understand why the two drivers behaved differently in the dashboard, considering they both use the same "shade" tile template. The sheer tiles stayed gray all the time and the roller shade tiles remained yellow all the time. :man_shrugging:

In any case, both drivers have been updated along with the HPM manifest, so you can just pull the update via HPM at it will update both drivers.

The tiles will be gray when closed and yellow for the other states (open, sheer, partial open). Now that the tiles will change color based on state, you can change the colors to whatever you'd like.

I had partial success. I updated the driver and installed it.
LR1 was partially open and it was still gray. I closed the shade and reopened to partial open and it was yellow. Success!

LR2 was partially open and it was still gray. I closed the shade and reopened to partial open and it stayed gray. Fail

Here are the logs showing both a close and partial open for LR1 and LR2 along with the settings of each device.

I also rebooted the hub to see if that had any effect and it didnt.

Thanks

Adding on to my previous post...
I watched 3 of my shades (not the ones mentioned above) go to full close, report close, then I opened them completely, and all 3 reported open and turned yellow. I exited the dashboard and came back and only two were still yellow even though all 3 were reporting open. Strange

Not sure there's anything else I can do here. The issue is in the dashboard, not the driver.

The roller shade driver is setting the switch value to off when the level is set at zero. Any other level sets the switch value to on. When the value is on, the tile is yellow. When the value is off, the tile should be gray.

I have seen the shade position move to a specific value (position 1) and can see the shade move, but then the hub reports back that it's in position 0 (closed).

If anyone here can shed some additional light on the dashboard templates, I'm happy to dig deeper but at this point, I'm at a loss as to why the dashboard tile changes colors simply be leaving and returning.

This driver worked well for for my ZebraBlinds Graber Z-wave Roller Shades for six months and then last week the shades stopped responding. I thought it might be related to the 2.2.8 update, but if no one else is having issues it must be something else.

I've not seen any change since updated to 2.2.8 (2.2.8.133 through 2.2.8.152). No changes to the driver and it's still working the same.

New HE user here, working on setting up my Bali (Spring Window Fashions) motorized roller shades. I have one shade setup as a device along with its remote. I'm trying to add it to my Google Home to control with voice--the Generic Z-Wave drivers associate the device as a light and I'm unable to separate the actual Lutron light switch with the Bali shade.
The SWF Driver is fantastic--first, let me thank you for your work on the driver! I can add it to a HE Dashboard and the device works correctly. However when I use the driver with the Bali device and try to add that to GH, the device is not found by GH. Is this a known behavior, or should the SWF Driver allow addition to GH for voice control?

This sound like a GH issue. I'm not going to be much help here as I don't use GH so I have no way of testing it.

Does GH control the shades if you use the standard SWF driver? If so, I can look in to what the differences might be. If the standard driver doesn't work either, it's makes me think it's a GH >--> HE issue.

Perhaps someone that uses GH can chime in here?

I'm guessing you are using the native Google Home integration, which has limited device support. You may want to look into the community integration, which should give you more control.

That said I haven't determined how to get it to "support" command "Hey Google set the to sheer". So the best you would get is set the blind to open/closed/percentage.

To provide some additional clarity on the SWF driver with GH--if I use the GH home app and the SWF driver for the device, the GH app is unable to control the device. So neither app nor voice control appears to work.

I'm working on @amdbuilder suggestion of using the Google Home Community, but having issues with GH being able to integrate with my devices. But that's another issue all together.

Is anyone else seeing issues using scenes to close the shades? My shades work fine from the device itself, and setting a scene to dim anywhere from 1-99 will move the shade properly. However when configuring a scene that tries to turn off or dimmed the shades to 0 (truly closed) the shade never responds.

I'm able to work around it using Virtual Switches to trigger an automation handler setup through basic rules that dims them to 0. So I wanted to share that if anyone else runs into this. But also if there is a fix or work around to get the scenes to work, that would simplify some things.

Hello, first let me say thank you for this driver, as my shades are a major part of my home automation, and the most use devices in my entire house!

I seem to be having an issue when trying to set the open or closed position.

I received the following error in the log when I try to set the position.

2021-11-26 04:01:34.444 pm
[error] org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_MHedish_Springs_Window_Fashions_Roller_Shade_474.startPositionChange() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [close]
Possible solutions: stopPositionChange() (method startPositionChange)

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you!

Does anyone know how to adjust the lower limit of those shades without their remote? I was hoping the stopPositionChange() will do it for me, but it just calls stop(), so it's not it. Advice will be appreciated!

+1

I was hoping to not have to go through the process of 'associating' the Bali-branded remote again after moving the shades from the now-abandoned SmartThings platform to HE (a good move regardless of Samsung's/others' pitiful approach to moving forward). Alas, even this driver doesn't permit me to define the bounds of each shade within the context of its window fitting.

It looks as though this thread staled out so I figured I'd post one last ditch request to see if anyone has any other suggestions?

Thx!