[Release] - Speaker Central

I checked the router again just now. Still showing same reserved IP as before.

Discovery got it working again, btw.

Interesting to know what is going on. Has the google minis been working fine with everyone up until recent? I have been using chromecast just fine when I recently added a Google Mini noticed it would work for awhile then just stopped with the TTS for contacts. The chromecast seems to not hang up like the minis. When I go into devices, google mini and refresh it will start to play everything it didnt before. Like it was buffering everything .

I’ve had this happen a couple of times when the device has dropped off but still seems to buffer the messages until reconnected.

Andy

I'm not using Message Central, but I have seen my Chromecast queue get backed up as well.
I posted about it here and was referred to your thread by @rcjordan. In my case, I just hit refresh on my Chromecast group that I speak to and the queue (annoyingly) flushed out. I'm not sure what caused the queue to start holding messages though.

#HubVersion=2.0.4

I have had the same thing happen here as well recently. I guess that's why the Chromecast integration is considered a beta? I was hoping to be able to have Rule Machine issue a daily refresh command to try and prevent it, but the device does not show up RM's Refresh feature. I know I could create a custom command in RM, but I was hoping to avoid that for now.

Good idea. I created a custom command in rule machine to refresh my Google Home mini group daily. For those not familiar with the process, the Loom link is a video showing what I did (watch it in full screen as the text is pretty small; also I clicked on "Parameters" and didn't need to so you can skip that)

#HubVersion=2.0.4

Hi! So with this app... how do I understand what sort of devices can be used for TTS speakers?

There are basically two types of tts speaker.
‘Music Player’ and ‘Speech Synthesiser’

This will work with either

Andy

Are there any docs for setting this App up? I have all the Apps and Device drivers in and not sure what some of the other things (settings) do. thanks

Which settings are you unsure about?

Andy

Proxy Speaker Virtual Device and also when you have added your child apps and hit done it does not take you back the the main apps page but it takes you back in a circle to the restrictions for the child app you were just looking at. I have to select the App List at the left top to get back to the main app page.

Unfortunately the loop back to the restrictions page is nothing I can fix.
It has something to do with the way the platform handles the grandparent/parent/child configuration. (Cobra Apps being the grandparent)
As I’m the only dev that uses this configuration, HE engineers are unlikely to spend any time fixing this :slight_smile:

The proxy speaker virtual device is just a virtual device you create then assign my driver to.
This proxy device is then used as a speaker in any app that you want to use for tts.
Once it is configured in a speaker central child app, any tts sent to the virtual device will be sent to the active child speaker device.

If I have 4 home mini's then do I need to create any virtual devices for them or do I just use them as is?

I have a single virtual device configured to talk via Message Central.
Then I have 4 gh minis each configured with their own speaker central child.

Andy

Thanks Andy. I will look into message central as well.

1 Like

I thought I would try this out but when it doesn't allow me to select multiple speakers. I am using sonos speakers. Also, do I have to setup the Proxy Speaker Virtual Device first?

Jane
1st thing to do is create a new virtual device using my proxy speaker driver.
(This device is then used in any 'speaking' apps you want to use)
Then, when creating a new child you assign this device as your 'Proxy' device in the app
Then you should be able to select multiple speakers.

Are you using a 'sonos group' or just multiple sonos speakers.

If, for some reason, you cannot enter multiple speakers can you screenshot the input page please so that I can see what you are doing?

Andy

Thanks Andy! I didn't create the Virtual proxy speaker yet. I will do this and see how it goes.

A bit more info here :slight_smile:

http://hubitat.uk/speakercentral.htm

It still won't let me select multiple speakers. The speakers are all individual speakers. It displays radio buttons and just I can only select one.