[RELEASE] Sonoff Zigbee Button, Motion/Temperature&Humidity/Contact Sensor Drivers

Ok I will give it a go. Probably won’t be until tomorrow. I started a bathroom reno yesterday and I have a program manager all over me :wink:

dining_motion_model1
So these sonoff motion sensors are being discovered as contact sensors - application 03, whereas a proper discovered motion has an application 04 and a real model number MS01bathroom_motion_model1
I have put in a ticket to sonoff about this odd information thinking that their product may have been cloned and are on sale on Amazon or that their end of line production programming has balls up a batch of these.
Has anyone had any feedback as to why they are discovered as contact sensors, yet changing the driver to the 'user' zigbee sonoff motion sensor' allows them to work as motion sensors??

Being discovered on HE or the sonoff hub? or the ewelink app?

This was a straight discover with HE.
I don't use any other hub and have no need to complicate my system. Previous sonoff motion sensors were seen as motion sensors not contacts, just this last batch. This was my concern. Maybe the last few hub updates has changed things, device to HE lookup table?

ive never had a problem with the sensors being detected properly and even if they had, then its a simple case of changing the driver.

However the HE drivers dont appear to work well for the humidity sensors. there are other drivers (by Markus), but the dev is no longer able to support them due to politics. if Markus's drivers become broken due to HE firmware updates, then unless HE pay some attention to their own driver the sensor becomes useless.

ive put a support request into HE and haven't had a reply i have several of these and i just want them to carry on doing the job that i have them doing.

1 Like

Just started out with Hubitat and purchased a bunch of Sonoff stuff because 1, it's cheap, 2 it's readily available in the UK and 3, it's cheap. Turns out, they also work pretty dam good! MASSIVE thanks for these drivers, they're awesome!

1 Like

Is the Sonoff Button Controller driver yours just added to the latest release, 2.2.5.131?

Just realized I never responded to you.

I have removed, pulled the battery and reincluded. I still can not get these things to report anything other that humidity regularly.

strange, you must have duff units.

welcome to hubitat! did you buy any of the humidity/temp sensors, if so are they reporting all values?

It would not surprise me. I bought a five pack from AliExpress.

Hey!

I just got one if he Sonoff Humitity & Temperature sensors ( SNZB-02). It paired first try and appears to be working OK.

Will there be a way to calibrate the humidity as well as the temperature at some point? I have a Zooz 4-in-one and an actual hydrometer in the area that I'm using this in. The Sonoff is about -12% to -15% RH from
both the Zooz and the hydrometer. I calibrated the temp on the Sonoff already and that appears to be a pretty accurate adjustment so it would be nice to be able to adjust the humidity as well.

THANK YOU!

M.

The community driver in this thread supports humidity offset and resolution adjustments.
If you're referring to the built in driver, you'll need to request additional features from HE.

Maybe here:

or here:

Ah. Thank you. I guess I didn't realize this was the wrong spot.

Using this driver made things worse. Or at least certainly didn't help any. The temperature was being reported in a different index in the payload which messed up historical info in InfliuxDB. Humidity stopped reporting at all so it's really hard to tell if the offset works...

Screenshot_20210322_062945
This is my temperature data now. This driver reports battery life at the same index that temperature is being reported at with the built-in one. Thanks....

I'll bring up a humidity offset request with the built-in one.

Thank you!
M.

Hey up.
Just got hold of some of these sensor considering a lot in the community are getting on well with it.

I'm a little disappointed in the frequency of the temp update. The humidity reports well at ~5 mins, however the temps start well, but end up non existent.
Is this normal behaviour for this device I failed to pick up on in the forums?

I tried the tool box feature, but not getting any improvements. Any help would be great, even if it's to manage my expectations

I think I will put off buying more of these sensors until I can get down to the bottom of why only humidity updatez

Yup. I gave up and removed mine. Not worth the hassle.

Just curious --- are you actively testing the reporting frequency in any way? I have one of these, in my basement, and 2 in the box that I plan on using in the garage. The one in the basement seems to report temperature when there is a delta change of ~.75 deg or so. Otherwise it doesn't report.

In other words, it reports on no set schedule, just when the temperature has changed by some value (the exact delta, I don't know).

I haven't taken a hair dryer and screwed with it to test it's update rate, but it might be worth taking my heat gun down there and trying not to melt it and seeing if the reporting rate changes....my basement temp is fairly stable -- so I've never worried about it much. The humidity seems to update at a much higher rate (which make sense, as my basement humidity does fluctuate quite a bit).

S.

Here are two sensors sitting side by side over 12 hours.
Temperature second graph : The blue is using hubitat driver! Green is markus driver. The report is over 12 hours. The blue reports are more frequent, between 30 to 60 minutes, markus driver less deterministic. The hubitat driver does not suggest delta temps as the main source of frequency, nor period. I believe it may be a combination. I need to look into it further. But the hubitat is more stable which is not surprising as Markus is no longer allowed to maintain his drivers.

Humidity - first graph is a lot more active which suggest deltas are used for frequency. The fluctuations are almost the same fluctuating values sometime, could be hardware issues.

Hey Mark, thanks!

Yeah I just bought one temp/humidity sensor. Appears to report both values fine.

Not done any testing on how long it takes to report change of status and not done anything yet based on changes of values. Have put it in the bathroom and the humidity goes up when I shower...so that bit works.