[RELEASE] Sonoff (Connect)

That's because the driver doesn't match the firmware. You can't use the driver from one post with the firmware from the other.

1 Like

I don't suppose anyone else here has had any success with the Sonoff RF Bridge in HE? @ericm has not yet responded to me on my issue but I did wonder if others have one and have tried it with the same result as me?

Hello.

This is very helpful thank you. Do you know if any of these will work with the Sonoff Mini? I'm looking at getting some.

Thanks

Martyn

1 Like

If you want use additional momentary button or switch (s1 and s2) which is gpio 4 so answer No.. Need use tasmota only( in tasmota add action on gpio4)
If don't need additional button yes you can use this connect firmware

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand I’m afraid. My hope is to install these behind a single light fitting and keep the light switches (some 1 way some 2 way) working as normal. Thanks

Use tasmota firmware:

1 Like

But if say truth... In my case. I have original firmware from tasmota "sonoff-basic.bin"
Bc if you will flash it from new sonoff DIY mode. It has limitation of space and ericm firmware over sized..(larger than the size allowed)
With this driver:

And after .. in tasmota you need go to configure module and change gpio4 to switch1 if you want use regular wall switch...

1 Like

hello, I've loaded the basic firmware, the driver and the connect app but my sonoff doesn't get detected. it can be detected off of the 3v supply correct? any pointers are appreciated!

I"m running into a problem with this app where it'll take DAYS for the hub to scrape new IP's of the sonoffs I have in my environment. For example, I rebooted my router yesterday to assign a couple dhcp reservations for some non-smarthome stuff and when it came back up some of the sonoffs had different IP's. Its been over 24hrs and the sonoff's still show their old IP's... Is there any way to manually scrape them?

I actually have't seen that issue. They should send out an SSDP "probe" every 5 minutes that the Sonoff Connect app should parse and change the IP address. Can you watch the logs for any info coming in?

Any suggestions of the basic isn't detected or should I give up on this?

can you access the web interface of the device via the ip address?

I'm good now! Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, I received my new HE today and I am working completely in the dark. I have basically only got Sonoff devices at the moment and I am trying to connect a Sonoff SV (Garage door), Sonoff basics and I want to connect Sonoff TH's and Sonoff TX (3 and 2 Gang) light switches. I have tried for the last 4 hours and just not having any luck. I have flashed the Sonoff SV and the basic with Erocm123's firmware and I can access both devices via the web interface and they work from the web interface. I have loaded (I think) The connect app, then have installed the drivers for 3 SonoffS

I run the discovery and it finds my 2 connected Sonoffs (SV and the Basic), but I cannot do anything with either of them in the devices menu, if I go into Logs this line shows up for the Sonoff SV whenever I click ON or refresh groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Not Found on line 213 (on). What could I possibly be doing wrong, what driver should I be selecting for the basics and the SV?

Sorry for the long post, a bit out of my deapth here!

Okay so I have made progress, I was using the incorrect driver for my devices, I have added the S20 and this works well. The issue I have now is that if I press the manual button on the Sonoff basic it does not update the status in Hubitat device page?

Sorry for the late response, but you need to make sure that the hubitat ip address and service port are in the device web configuration. Hitting "save preferences" on the device is supposed to auto fill those in, but you will probably want to check them if it is still not working.

HI @ericm all sorted my side, but thanks for the reply anyway.

1 Like

I have installed Sonoff (Connect) and Firmware on the Sonoff SV and drivers. Device was discovered, hubitat IP address and port settings made. Everything looks good but I cannot control the switch through Hubitat. It works through the Tasmota web portal. Logs show this...
groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Not Found on line 213 (off)

What ended up being your issue with not being able to control SV? I've getting similar response in the logs?

1 Like

Without knowing exactly which driver you are using it would be hard to help. I do have a driver meant for the Sonoff SV for Tasmota 7.x with Hubitat support. You can find my driver in my Github repo linked from this post (linking to the post since it has additional information): [Release] Tasmota 7.x firmware with Hubitat support + Tuya and Sonoff drivers

1 Like

@shawn.hoenshell

make sure you have selected the Sonoff S20-Tasmota driver the one from (@ericm) , that was my issue, I used the Tasmota wifi driver before and it would not work.

2 Likes