[RELEASE] Somfy ZRTSI II

I like this approach. While I agree a companion app would work, I think I simply pull this off with Rule Manager without writing anything custom. I'll let you know what I cook up.

I do notice that I must put a one second delay to get a Pico remote working with these blinds. It is funny because I had this problem on my Homeseer hub as well. If anyone is having an issue with a pico remote or any remote and the blinds do not work then try a one second delay.

I ended up deciding I liked your companion app approach and have the early framework of something that is doing the trick. I'll send you what I come up with to get your take in a few days ...

1 Like

Ok, so I have a first go at this working. Synchronizing group device position changes -> member devices was pretty trivial as you suggested.

I'm unsure what to do with direct member device position changes. I did come up with an implementation to avoid the infinite loop by stamping the current epoch time to app state variables for each device (lastchanged_$deviceid). Then when a device is changed, I compare the delta between lastchanged and now and abort if that value is under 3 seconds (although in practice, my singleThreaded'd app gets through my 5 member devices in ~250ms). But having said that, I'm not quite sure what behavior makes the most sense to implement.

I guess I could use sendEvent to set windowShadow to 'unsynchronized' (or 'unknown' as you suggest), but in my particular setup (the HomeAssistant Lovelace dashboard) I don't know how to get visibility in to that. I've also considered averaging the member positions and writing that value to the group device position.

Do you have any opinion on this?

UPDATE: Eh, maybe my loop protection isn't working so well after all. I'll keep at it.

@doogles I think partially open makes the most sense. An average of the positions seems fine. Personally I would clamp them to 25% increments. If you want to send me what you have, I can take a stab at the loop protection.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.