[RELEASE] SmartWings Motor Shades

Wonder if the driver can report the switch/on/off such that the Template Color Editor would most likely work.... Just saying :wink:

Have been following along with this thread for a bit now - have a bunch of Swartwings shades that I've gotten successfully linked to Pico Switches and to HomeKit via the beta integration, but still cannot get them to show in Google Home.

Tried creating a group with just the shades, no dice. What are you all doing specifically to get them to show in Google?

I've added mine to a Groups and Scenes group as dimmers called "Living Room Shades". Then I can say, "Hey Google, set the Living Room Shades at 25%." I have to use the percentage, though. Zero percent is open and 100% is closed. When my wife tries it, it also sets the living room lamp, but I think that's some Google weirdness setting everything "living room" the same.

Thanks for the side driver. Seems to work well but when I add it to HomeKit thru the integration the blind works in reverse. Do you know of any solution for that? Thanks in advance.

Same

Hey @Equis, did the same, and I can see the Group'ed light when I add Hubitat to Google Home, but it never shows up in my list of lights and devices. Just seems to ignore them. Is there a particular way of setting your groups and scenes up that I might be missing?

Here are my settings. I just make them a dimmer and select the three shade I want to control.

I don't control them as a group, though. My open/close rule uses all three devices instead of just the group. Now that they're set up, I don't think I've ever manually controlled them.

Same with Alexa

I have noticed that my shades take 7 seconds to respond to open and close commands. They did this under the generic zigbee driver as well. Is this normal? Thanks.

I use this driver and my shades respond pretty quickly

It's weird. I am ordering some more shades so will see how they respond.

Shameless plug, you should use my referral link and let me know how it goes. We might be able to tweak the driver and debug a bit to see what might be delaying it.

ok, I ordered the rest of the shades and I tried the link - hopefully you get credit. I will wait to install these to see what the response time is like and whether it is all shades or just the one I installed so far. Thanks.

FYI - I needed two shades that went over their maximum width of 97 7/8". I chatted with them and they gave me a link to add an oversize charge to the order and then specify the size I needed in the comments. They said it was for each shade but they waived the second fee so only charged me once. Just in case anyone has wide windows.

2 Likes

Been trying to configure my blinds to work with groups so I can expose the group to Google Home. Am I missing something here? I set two of my blinds into a grouped device as dimmers. But when I try to setLevel through devices, the group responds back as offline and no commands get sent to the group. I set the group device with the proper driver, but I'm no groovy expert. Do I need to write a specific driver for grouped commands? I see in the Hubitat driver documents a zigbee command called setGroupLevel in addition to the setLevel. Do I need to modify some driver code to accomodate the group settings?

Is there a difference between this and the newly built-in Smartwings drivers in firmware 2.3.5.152? What is the "updateFirmware" button? Also, no setLevel. Does that mean it can't be grouped as a light? @gopher.ny?

1 Like

Also in the same boat. Tried what @Equis suggested back in his March post creating a new group in Hubitat, then added via Google Home. GH "sees" the items in the Hubitat list when I try to "check for new devices", however it never adds them. Funny enough, they show up in HomeKit and I can control from my phone, just not Google home.

Any breakthroughs from this thread...? Has anybody given up and just bought the $55 hub from SmartWings that claims Google connectivity?

Also curious about this.

Correct, we will modify groups at some point to support a group of shades.

If smartwings provides a firmware update for these, executing this command will update the firmware.
Currently there are no firmware updates for these.

3 Likes

I did finally figure it out. Turns out if you change any of the drivers on your device, you also need to re-add a new Grouped device. They save the driver control separately, so if any updates happen driver-side on the individual devices they don't also update on the grouped devices. Took me forever to figure that out. Make sure you configure your individual devices first, do the configure command and make sure your shades are working with all the commands you intend to use. Then create a completely new Grouped device as a dimmer. Only the SetLevel command is exposed for the shades in dimmer, so once that works it should be recognized in Google Home as well. Hope that helps.

Now if anyone else knows, my battery level has been at 100% for several weeks with a few open and closes daily...doesn't look like it's pulling the battery info unless I somehow have infinite . I am using J Bradshaw's driver code with my own added code to expose the SetLevel command. If anyone has any idea what might be missing to get battery level, let me know.