[RELEASE] smartly v1.08 - more mods, more icons, drag and drop auto-json install

.tile.dashboard {
    height: 100%;
}
2 Likes

@spelcheck has a character limit he must stay under per day. My quota goes the other way :rofl: Let me elaborate for those who may need/want it.

Dashboard Link tiles are configured that way by design. If anyone wants to change the Dashboard Link tile to standard tile height copy/paste the code below into Settings > CSS > at the very bottom below where it says......

/* ------- CUSTOM CSS BELOW THIS LINE - This CSS will be preserved during updates ------- */

.tile.dashboard {
    height: 100%;
}

Remember to refresh your dash for these settings to take full effect.

7 Likes

@TechMedX @spelcheck :joy: both responses are appreciated!

Looks much better now!

One more quick question. How do I persist the "rowHeight" setting so it doesn't get reset when I run it through smartly?

1 Like

We have a solution for this in the works. I'll PM you a workaround till it's release.

1 Like

@TechMedX OH!!! that is so much better!! thank you for that little css code tweak!!!

1 Like

Using BPT Life360 tiles? We could use your help testing some CSS!

3 Likes

Hi guys, what's the fix for this? any chance you guys can share with me? thanks

2 Likes

Using HubiGraph tiles? We could use your help testing some CSS!

2 Likes

@mjonesjr84 Stock Dashboard? Mine doesn't look like that. That is nice. What wether service are you linking to and what template are you using for this?
LJ

1 Like

That looks like WeatherDotGov, not sure where you live but it uses US Gov data so it's not useful worldwide.

2 Likes

@ljp-hubitat that is WeatherDotGov app tile. It is limited to the US only.

2 Likes

Leave it to @bptworld to come up with this nice solution. I use a bunch of his stuff but I sort of ignored this one thinking it was just another source of weather data. I already have a nuber of them. But the tile is nice.

Thanks,

LJ

2 Likes

Has anyone firgured out a way with Smartly to change the justification of text? The first picture is a screenshot from the standard hubitat dashboard. It automatically centers any text. I can't for the life of me figure out how to accomplish the same thing in Smartly. The issue I have with the standard dashboard is because of the full sized tiles the text tiles take up a ton of space.

I've been fiddling with Smartly but the automatically left justified text is driving me a bit insane.

To clarify, "change justification of a text tile". It sounds like a worthwhile mod, to select left, center or right justify. Adding it to the list!

In the meantime, you can add this to the very end of your Custom CSS (Settings > Advanced > CSS):

.text-tile .justify-center,
.text-tile .text-center {
    text-align: center;
    justify-content: center;
}
4 Likes

You're a life saver @spelcheck. Thanks so much worked like a charm

2 Likes

Are dashboard loading times depended on the device used or the hubs loading?
How much does the smartly customization slow it down?

I am using a FireHD7 and its 5-8s to load fairly simple dashboards, and I have only selected devices used per dash.

Both. Different devices process things differently and at different speeds, but you hub also needs to send the data in a timely manor as well.

I'm not sure exactly how much time the extra code in smartly takes to process but you could create a stock dash and time it. Then apply smartly, without changing anything else, and time it again. I would be interested in those results.

What are you using to view Dashboards? The HE app, Chrome, Kiosk? That would also have an impact on load times. I recommend a browser, or Kiosk app not the HE app. If browser make sure you don't have any extensions loaded, and benchmark it with opening say google.com as a reference.

Also if you haven't yet, try rebooting the hub, give it 3-5 minutes to full boot, then test dashboards. I find if I don't reboot my dash hub regularly, they slow down. Just my experience (I run 3rd party apps on my dash hub as well, which can create slow downs), nothing official.

Lastly do you use any other devices and how do dashes load on them?

LMK what you find and we'll see if we can't get things moving along.

I am using a fire hd7 with fully kiosk browser, a OnePlus 5t, with the app or chrome, and my laptop with chrome.

All three devices seem to have about the same load time now that I started paying attention. I'll try a restart like you recommend and if that still doesn't feel right I'll work on stripping a dashboard back to original and see how that works

2 Likes

First, I love this app/Approach/Website - whatever it is. It has made making a dashboard a better experience.
I have noticed that when I converted one of my existing dashboards, I started getting an error. It seems that this is a limitation of the Hubitat code, but that they must suppress it.
"Excluded attribute trackDescription size of attribute > 1024 characters"
Maybe there is a way to catch it when creating the Jason Code for the page?
Thanks

1 Like

glad to hear you enjoy using smartly. Where are you getting this error on the smartly site, or in HE logs? Are you using a media player tile? Super Tile? or other dash tile app?

This is not a smartly issue per-say it will happen with stock HE dashboards too. You can search the forum for many posts about it. It can be cause by super tile and many others.

If you post your HE log (I am guessing that is where you see it) we can help you figure out what device/app is creating the error.