[RELEASE] smartly v1.08 - more mods, more icons, drag and drop auto-json install

RELEASE v1.05 | 4-12-20 | see issues

• Attribute tile 'unit' setting in tile editor #56
  • Add icon option before value on temperature, humidity, attribute #59
  • Fix inconsistent white tile borders #54 and #8 smartly-base

Fixes/enhancements included for @markus @CurtisZM @TechMedX .

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 7.25.19 PM

5 Likes

Ohh thanks so much.
This is down to being pernickety now, is there a way to remove the second hand from the time code?

2 Likes

@northan since there is no way to change the time format except using JS, the only way to do this would be with JS. With CSS you could try to position some element (like the part with am/pm) over the seconds part, but since the width changes every second, that would probably be impossible to get to look nice. If someone has a solution I'd be interested to hear it, but I really don't think this can be done without JS.

3 Likes

Possibly this, but it would look odd because of the background unless you use a non transparent base button and probably more trouble than its worth...

Move the clock slightly to the right with the proper positioning type so it remains locked and looking centered on the button after the changes. Throw a second tile over top of your clock tile, Use css to make the first half up to the : prior to the seconds entirely transparent. Everything after that set to the same color as the base tile to cover the rest. Then possibly with a third tile on top, not sure if it would be needed, move the am/pm element to sit after the normal time on top of the covered seconds.

2 Likes

You could do it in CSS if you use monospace fonts and an opaque background, for a transparent background it would be a bit more complex, px values etc needs to be adapted to your dashboard, but here's a possible way of doing it:

.tile.clock {
    background-color: green;
}

.tile.clock .tile-primary small {
    background-color: green;
    display: inline;
    left: -33px;
    position: relative;
    padding-left: 5px;
    padding-right: 30px;
    font-family: 'Barlow Condensed',sans-serif;
}

.tile.clock .tile-contents {
    left: 18%;
    font-family: monospace;
}

.tile.clock .tile-primary {
    font-size: 20px !important;
}

EDIT: This is hacky like crazy and you have to center it manually, I don't see how this could look nice whatever is done to it in pure CSS.

2 Likes

Sorry me again.
I'm not sure about this one, I have sunk a few hours trying to work out the issue, but I'm not entirely sure which bit has caused this.
I'm using tile master from @bptworld (great tile) to gather attributes from my indoor environments and outdoor weather station.
For some reason, I'm getting a tile block of indoor temp at the top with a °C on the bottom.

Is this some conflict between the css and the tile?
The normal standard shows it this way.

if somebody would be kind to point me in the right direction.

2 Likes

I created a sub-thread for this issue called 'bptworld Tile Master - tile title confusion' where we and others can assist. :+1:

3 Likes

Hi @spelcheck! New Hubitat user here just diving into the world of dashboard customization.

I have been playing with smartly over the last day or so and am running into a weird issue. I tried to search through this thread to see if anyone else has brought it up but couldn't find anything, so I apologies if its already been addressed and I missed it.

I am using a series of dashboard links to link to all of my different dashboard pages. For some reason on my iPad pro 9.75 and iPhone X, with the dashboard link tiles, as you expand the tile, the tile drops down and becomes off-centered within the row (see screenshot from my iPad below). This occurs whether or not I'm viewing via the iOS app or via chrome/safari to the Hubitat portal.

When I view it via my PC, it appears as I would expect.

I have done the calibration for the iPad and iPhone but that didn't seem to help this issue. I cant for the life of me figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if there may be something else going on here.

Have you or anyone else experienced this before?

1 Like

@earoberts1520 Looks like you found a bug. I was able to recreate the issue.

I will make an official post at Github, and we'll let you know when it is fixed. Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

@earoberts1520 what are you using for the even history tile?

1 Like

@TechMedX

Well that helps in that I don't feel as bad that I couldn't find a solution on my own.

It may be good to note in the bug that for every row you extend the dashboard link tile, it drops it another 1/2 a row. e.g. when you extend it across 2 columns it drops 1/2 row, when you extend it across 3 columns it drop is 1 row, extended across 4 columns 1 1/2 row, etc.

Ill leave it for now and wait for a fix.

Thanks!

1 Like

Updated, thanks for the additional info. I didn't catch that.

1 Like

@dioffo I am using a method I found over on the https://community.hubitat.com/t/show-off-your-dashboards/1715/743 thread.

It essentially uses the Follow Me Driver as an attribute tile combined with the Notification App to speak a message to the driver when a change occurred. I'm still playing around and testing it to see what I can actually log within that history but I'm hoping to eventually get to a point where I can display a short history of all events that have occurred within the system.

1 Like

Thank you, I was able to get that setup waiting to see if the events work and play with the settings

1 Like

Hi @TechMedX,

I was also thinking of creating a 2nd virtual switch (VS) for the dasboard. I could then run a rule saying if either the primary or 2nd VS changes state then the 2nd switch state should be overwritten by the status of the 1st. This would allow me to display it as a switch, if the user changes its state then there is no knockon automation effect and the rule will reset it back to the correct state

1 Like

Hi,
Is there a way to edit the dashboard links to show Icons instead?

2 Likes

I am not 100% certain, but I do not think so (currently not for sure). Just background images.

smartly is a skin editor so it can't make HE dashboards do something they don't do already (in a sense). It can only enhance/simplify the platform HE provides. If that's wrong spelcheck will correct me. :wink:

1 Like

Cool.
Where does the 4 box icon come from?
The original dashboard link does not have it in
Original
Changed.

1 Like

Oh yes that's a smartly mod, but it doesn't yet have a place in the UI to change it. I think we should be able to change it in the UI though, so let's add it! Also I get what you're saying about actually replacing all of it with an icon, so being able to hide the text (or at least replace it with a space) makes sense too. :v:

3 Likes

Thanks man, you made my day

3 Likes