[RELEASE] Sleep Number Controller - control your Sleep Number bed and use it for presence

Not yet. I have some samples of how this works but didn't have time to add it in this release. I'll try to add it next.

1 Like

Just in case anyone wants to know the presets for the Climate360 for Alexa voice routines.

Flat: Head 0 / Feet 0
Snore: Head 16 / Feet 0
Zero G: Head 46 / Feet 76
Watch TV: Head 61 / Feet 66
Read: Head 81 / Feet 21

trying update to latest version, i get this error Error Occurred During Installation

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to upgrade app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rvrolyk/SleepNumberController/master/SleepNumberController_App.groovy.

is this something can be fixed here or do i got to Hubitat Package Manager for a fix ?

I'm not actually sure what would cause that (maybe there are more logs in the logs section of Hubitat?). Have you retried to see if it works the second time?

tried it yesterday, and again twice today, same result

when i tried to import it from GitHub i get this

library not found on line 43: #include rvrolyk.SleepNumberLibrary

If you manually install you need to install the library first and then app and driver.

I don’t know why it wouldn’t install from HPM for you. If you take a look at the logs maybe it’ll say why.

Sometimes if you run a Repair in HPM it will work, when update is not working.

1 Like

i ran repair, got same error, I uninstall everything, then used package manager to install and not\w i get this error .. Error Occurred During Installation

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to install app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rvrolyk/SleepNumberController/master/SleepNumberController_App.groovy. Please notify the package developer..

I can’t reproduce this. Please enable debug logging for HPM, try again and then share the logs.

i went ahead and unistall everthing, then install it by importing everthing and now its working like it should

1 Like

There's nothing special you need to enable presence -- I just did the following and it works:

1. install app
  2. set up bed device(s)
  3. click 'arrived' in the driver (this is currently required or you need to get in bed at least once; I'll fix this in the next release) to "prime" the state
  4. the next poll set my bed side to 'departed' (I'm not in bed)

when I view the events for that bed device, I can see the present/not present entries.

I'm not sure what you're pasting but if you want to enable debug logging for the app and driver and then take a screenshot of the app attributes and state and PM me all of that, I can try to help.

what i posted was from the device event logs, i saw in the event that it said unknown app, which makes no sense. I have a rule to set level of head and it works perfectly, but presence rules i sent get this message unknown app
all the drivers are from github not package manager if that makes any difference

What does your "In Use By" show at the bottom of the device page? That usually should match the Triggered Apps for an event, depending on the event type.

Without the logs and screenshots I asked for I'm not sure I can help further. As @jtp10181 mentioned, there's also an "In Use By" section on the device page that shows the apps trying to use the device. I'm not sure what you mean by "presence rules i sent"?

yes in use by.

In Use By * Sleep Number - Martin in Bed, turn off lights (Rule-5.1)

To use presence, what app should i use, To set favorite or level of head of bed works great. I can not get presence to work, in the logs i now see this app:17292024-04-06 05:43:32.059 PMinfo[v4.0.2] Unauthorized, retrying login

Please enable debug logging for the app and driver and then take a screenshot of the app attributes and state and PM me all of that (logs, etc), I can try to help.

If you can’t get a rule to work, a screenshot of that rule would be useful too.

If you just want to test your rule, you can click “arrived” and “departed” on the bed driver page to force it to think you’re one or the other (but it will go back when it polls again).

Tried updating app in HPM. Keeps erroring out. Any advice?

Make sure you hub is updated, in case something new was used in the code.
Also try running a repair in HPM on that package. Sometimes that works when update wont.

Hub on latest. Tried repair, no luck. Thank you though.

You could also try going to HPM settings, unmatch it. Then run a match up and match it again. Then run a repair after that.

If that does not work, manually update the code from the import URLs. Then in HPM unmatch and re-match again and tell it the package is updated when you match it.

1 Like