[RELEASE] SensorPush Gateway Driver

Absolutely love Sensorpush sensors. Been using them for a couple years with their hub to monitor my humidor and stick a couple in guitar cases. The app itself I have setup to send me an alert if humidity gets to low so I can recharge their humidity packs. Curious to know with this being a HE driver what kind of automations are you guys running with these sensors. I can't necessarily think of a rule I could create that would automate for me to simplify life. I suppose if I had some kind of humidor that could be adjusted electronically would be cool, anyway, kudos to the developer for writing the driver, was just curious to see if I need to incorporate this somehow in my situation.

1 Like

The only thing I have technically automated would be the operation of a dehumidifier in my garage, using the reading from the sensor to drive turning a Kasa smart plug on or off via the Smarter Humidity Fan custom app. I could do something similar with a fan in my bathroom, I just need to hook up the fan to HE (currently a smart-life 4-gang switch I need to flash).

The remaining sensors I have dotted in and around the house are mostly to give me indications of the conditions in different rooms and to present on dashboards, which I then respond to by manually turning on dehumidifiers in the living / bedroom spaces or adjusting the A/C. I do also send the events from the HE devices representing my sensors to InfluxDB on a raspberry pi, then displayed in a chart using Grafana, sent back to my HE as an iFrame on a HE dashboard.

I should be doing more in terms of automation, in particular with my A/C, but for me it is more about getting everything on the one system where I can bring together details from these sensors, power usage via my Solar system and Kasa plugs, weather readings from my EcoWitt weather station, etc.

In your situation I can't think of a rule either, beyond the similar alerting you have setup in the app. There may be others here that have made similar use of these sensors that may be able to offer some suggestions.

1 Like

Thanks sburke781 for the info. You hit the nail on the head, it's controlling a humidifier , which makes perfect sense, and that's how I'd be using it too but in my situation with guitar cases not realistic and my two humidors are desktop type with no electronics to humidify. Again, love the sensors and the development being done to enhance their usefulness! Cheers!

1 Like

Sadly, for some reason mine stopped getting an auth token. Any ideas? Is it possible some server issue? Started happening today.

Hmm, not sure. So you have an RM rule setup to refresh it each night?
Anything in the logs that might point to what is happening?
What if you click on the command in the device edit screen for the gateway? Does it update then? You should see the value change relatively quickly on the right-hand side of the screen.

Nope, dead. Won't update at all right now all day.

I am getting this error when I go to the api site.

{"message": "Missing Authentication Token", "type": "MISSING_AUTHENTICATION_TOKEN", "statusCode": "400" }

I'll take a look.... What about your logs on the HE hub?

Same thing over and over again on the gateway. It wont let me paste links.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No json exists for response on line 258 (method getAccessTokenCallback)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No json exists for response on line 152 (method samplesCallback)

I get the same thing, I may have the same issue, I thought it was just that I had screwed up my own local code. I'll take a look at it now.

It has been working perfectly for the last week since I did that RM. Has not been an issue at night anymore which has been great. But, yea, now it doesn't work at all for some reason.

Looks like it is a certificate issue, perhaps they set another one up that they signed themselves. There might be some code I can put in to avoid it.

1 Like

Sadly, I use this for something that I have attached to a heater for an animal :frowning: I am glad I caught it.

That's not good, I have always intended to come back to this and other integrations I have done and introduce more error handling including and indicator when comm's are down. I can't promise when I will get to that, but something like Device Watchdog may help in the meantime.

Good news though, I think we are back in business. I updated the code locally and have seen samples come through successfully. I will check it over a little bit more and post and update to HPM shortly.

I am getting an additional sensor that is Zigbee only just for Temp just as a backup. I am not sure what HPM means sorry.

Good idea, always best to use local setup for something as important as heating, etc.

From that I am assuming you installed the code manually? Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) is the preferred method for distributing Community Apps and Drivers for many developers (not all). If you didn't use HPM, that is fine, you just need to copy the code again and overwrite what you have already installed on the HE hub (by that I mean access the Driver Code section, open the driver by clicking on it, select all the text and replace it with the text from my Git repository and click Save). But I would recommend, once you get it working again, to look at using HPM, but let me know and I can work on what the best steps are to easy the transition for you.

1 Like

Sweet, all seems good now. Thanks for taking care of this so quickly! Yea, I just do everything manually. I will keep you posted if I experience anything again./. I use this on about 15 sensors and they are all animals so it's important for me this works 24/7! I have them attached to heaters, and misting systems and all that jazz!

1 Like

@ohredwood, @par.botes, @Dread_Pirate_Roberts

Given you had posted on this thread, thought I would give you a reminder about an issue that I would expect would affect everyone using this driver, which @demariners and I experienced today. I have released an update to HPM and it is available on my GitHub repository.

2 Likes

Thanks for the post and the tag. Sure enough, when I looked at my dashboard I was having issues. I updated the code and looks like I'm back in business. Thanks for all your work on this driver, I really appreciate it!

1 Like

@demariners - Just wanted to let you know (and anyone else using these drivers) I have been seeing similar behaviour with the driver yesterday and this morning, perhaps for a couple of days. I'll take a look, but just wanted to let you know in case you have any issues with your use of the sensors.

Haven’t had any issues since you updated and I’m doing the RM every 3 hours. Hasn’t been an issue for me.

1 Like