[RELEASE] Salus SP600 Smart Plug Driver with Device Health Status

There've already been a couple of community drivers for the SP600, but I make pretty heavy use of device healthStatus, so here's my take on it.

Installation

Search for the keyword "Salus" on Hubitat Package Manager and you should see "Salus Drivers from BirdsLikeWires". Requires HPM v1.8.7 or later. Or install manually from the link below.

Thanks to the other developers (where I learned how to configure the reporting intervals) and to @markus for explaining how to properly sendZigbeeCommands, which I also now use for raw commands in my AlertMe drivers.

4 Likes

Reserved just in case.

Been a while, but this driver has been updated to support the tenth-of-a-watt precision introduced in the latest firmware. This would also appear to be the last firmware given that it was released in 2017.

These plugs have proven to be very reliable. I've used them alongside the AlertMe ones since moving to Hubitat and other than one having a bit of a whistle when idle, they've been rock solid as plugs and as repeaters.

This driver now supports the healthStatus custom attribute, so will no longer misuse presence as a means of reporting connectivity to your MQTT broker.

Use @kkossev's Device Health Status to give yourself a nice system overview.

I'm surprised more UK folk haven't been using this one; these SP600s are my go-to smart plug when the AlertMe SPG models aren't the right fit for some reason.

1 Like

Thanks for the driver (and to all the original ones that made the first versions).
Mine reports changes every X seconds, as set in device page, even if it is less than the reportable change. Is there a way of only reporting on changes above the reportable change condition, to reduce traffic?

Was this an option on a different driver? On mine the reporting rate has an influence on the device health status, so is set to a default when the initial configuration happens.

You could hit the Configure button if you've moved from another driver and that should set things correctly, but there's no option in my driver to customise this I'm afraid.

I've just purchased one of these plugs and installed it. I've used a combination of the drivers available.

• The one available on HPM from @birdslikewires "Salus Drivers from BirdsLikeWires"
  • The Generic Zigbee Outlet (I cannot see a Generic Zigbee driver in my list which specifies power monitoring)
  • The one from @andydvsn called [SALUS CONTROLS SP600 CONTROL VIA MQTT | ZIGBEE2MQTT]

I dont have too much experience using power monitoring devices. I can see there is a Power field in the driver which adjusts as I turn on/off devices.

When I have used other power monitoring plugs there have been additional fields which show other monitoring variables as well as the ability to store usage over time and calculate energy cost by putting in price per KWH.

If I wanted this ability for this plug would I need to take the power data live out of the platform and perform those calculations elsewhere (too complex for me), or have I missed something that means I can add that functionality to HE - perhaps using a different driver?

It seems from the Zigbee2MQTT page for this device that there is energy in kWh reported somewhere, though this driver currently doesn't find and decode it.

I'm not in a position to do much about this at the moment, but it would be nice to add in the future. In the meantime, I'm afraid you'd need to roll your own solution.

1 Like