[Release] Roku Connect integration App and Roku TV Device Handler

Hello all, looking for some help

My Roku (Purple) is plugged into the HDMI and it gets its power through the TV, IOW, the wall wart is not used

The driver install went pretty well and now I do see all the apps

I turned the Roku on via the remote and it turns on the TV which is ideal
From HE, I can use the "Key Press" options and by selecting different thing such as up, down, select... and they work, however nothing else works from the driver, not even on/off.

We mostly use YoutubeTV and go to one channel at bedtime, Ideally I would like to use this driver to automate just this... however until I can get the rest of the driver to work, I'm stuck

And while playing... I see this in the log

Thanks in advance

I am not familiar with Roku Purple. Direct message me, and we can walk through some basic checks.

I created a PR to resolve the MissingMethodException that is thrown when launching a channel from the child device:

Thanks. I merged your fix. I am working on the roku integration app, and I discovered annex to add the timeouts but apparently I did not see this issue yet in my testing.

So I installed this driver. It finds my TV and everything seems to work except, if the tv is off for a few minutes I’m not able to power it back up.

If I shut it down and hit power right away, it works.

It’s a insignia roku tv.

It will use wake on lan to wake up the tv if your are setup using Ethernet. Otherwise you need to change the setting for your tv. Go to settings, power, fast tv start — turn this on. That should clear it up (assuming you are using this in a roku Tv)

It’s connected via wireless.

If connected via wireless then you have to turn on fast start in the tv settings of the roku TV

Thanks.

Working now.

Complete newbie question here, but what is the best way to set this up on a dashboard?

Not sure what template to use.

I am not aware of any single device. In my early days, I created a Dashboard for TV Remote. In that dashboard, I created a bunch of switches for what I wanted to control. Keep in mind that the Roku API does not have a set volume level and no way to get the volume level information, so the volume control template will not work. So, I used a switch for TV Power, and two Buttons for Volume + and Volume -.

1 Like

Just wanted to say, the new connect app is awesome!
Thank you for that! Makes managing the apps I actually use way way easier!

THANK YOU.

Yeah, I thought so too. I don't write this stuff for myself. I have three Roku devices, but I only use them for on/off controls via Alexa. I write this stuff in hopes that people like you will enjoy it, and can sole your unique use cases. The app is not done yet, but I felt it was time to release what I had since I too felt it made managing the system substantially better too.

1 Like

Very cool! Thanks for all the work you have put into this. It's mind blowing to a guy like me. I do CyberSecurity professionally, and as such, I rarely, but sometime do a little programming from time to time. I am skilled enough to hurt myself is about it. You guys that can crank out this level of work are true artist.

Thanks for making my life better, man!

The ON/OFF capability is perfect for what I need. I just need to make sure the kids don't leave the thing on all the time. Also want to put it on a timer which should be no problem with the on/off switch.

Thanks again!

Please have this added to the Hubitat package manager app.

It will give you a lot more exposure.

1 Like

I am not familiar with that. What is the package manager app?

It's a community app which automates installation and updating of community apps and drivers:
[BETA] Hubitat Package Manager.

2 Likes

I shall get it done. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks for the 411. It is now added.

3 Likes

hey @armand -
I'm now seeing ROKU events in my "system events" panel in HE.
I don't recall having see these before.

Any idea if I can do anything to reduce/remove those?