[DEPRECATED] Ring Range Extender/Contact Sensor/Motion Sensor/Smoke and CO Listener

** All of these exist as built-in drivers and the community versions are no longer maintained **

Standard Features

Device Data

• Device Serial Number
  • Device Hardware Revision
  • Device Firmware Revision
  • Device protocol Version

Ring Alarm Range Extender - Gen1 and Gen2

ringExtenderGen1-Gen2Capture

Driver Capabilities

• Battery
  • PowerSource

Configurable Options

• Reporting Intervals

Ring Alarm Contact Sensor

Driver Capabilities

• ContactSensor
  • Battery
  • TamperAlert

Configurable Options

• Reporting Intervals

Ring Alarm Motion Sensor

Driver Capabilities

• MotionSensor
  • Battery
  • TamperAlert

Configurable Options

• Pet Immunity
  • Dewll Time
  • Reporting Intervals

Ring Alarm Smoke / CO Listener

Driver Capabilities

• SmokeDetector
  • CarbonMonoxideDetector
  • Battery
  • TamperAlert

Configurable Options

• Smoke / CO Detection modes
  • Reporting Interval

WARNING

I did test the listener's detection with youtube videos of smoke and co detectors going off, but I make no claims or guarantees as to the safety of using this product or code.

8 Likes

Ok.. I have been working on these for a while.. Was planning a later release.. but since I saw @codahq beat me to releasing the range extender.. I decided to release some of the ones I have now ..

3 Likes

More coming

1 Like

I have been working on standardizing all of my drivers with the following device data read from the device:

Pairing Instructions

Ring Range Extender

• Supply power to the Range Extender and then press the button once to begin inclusion

Ring Motion Sensor

• Open motion sensor’s cover
  • Remove and replace battery quickly

Ring Contact Sensor

• Open contact sensor’s cover

Ring Smoke / Co Listener

• Open listener’s cover
  • Press the button on the side

Just an assumption here, but when paired directly to HE I assume they will not work to trigger ring alarm functions?

1 Like

Correct.. This would be to use with HSM and automations..

The sensors are decently priced and can be purchased without the ring alarm

1 Like

Perhaps a stupid question on my part, is their Range Extender a z-wave Range Extender?
And if so, have people found it to be a good one (e.g. compared to aeotech range extender)

1 Like

And right now the door/window sensors are on sale for $15 each and the range extender is $18.75.

Ring has just introduced the second generation of Ring Alarm and some of the 1st generation devices are on sale. Not sure if the second gen series are any better. They're the same price as the earlier generation non-sale price. Only available for pre-order now.

2 Likes

Yep.. Saw that

Correction.. Got my posts confused.. I released an aeotec range extender driver today too...

This range extender is 500 series.. But it has a battery backup and will repeat when power fails .. And will report power failure to the hub..

1 Like

I am excited about the Ring Alarm Smoke / CO Listener. I have Halos which are interconnected to the other smoke/co detectors to send me alerts when they go off but the Halos will expire in a few years. The Ring Alarm Smoke / CO Listener will give me just the option that I was looking for when my Halos have to be pulled down. @bcopeland Thank you for your efforts.

1 Like

Pushed an update:

• Improved duplicate event filtering

Added UK fingerprint to range extender .. thanks @Cobra

1 Like

Pushed an update to the range extender driver to enable a component child switch for easier triggers on power failure.. @Cobra suggestion ..

4 Likes

Changelog

2020-04-18 - Added importUrl to all drivers

1 Like

Thanks for your hard work on this. I went out and bought the Ring motion sensor pictured above (because I am bored and it was marked down at Lowe’s) and it worked straight away. Do you know if the Ring outdoor motion sensor works with this as well? It’s currently half the price of Hue.

1 Like

?? Can you post a link to this .. I’m not familiar with it..

Here it is. Thanks again.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Ring-Outdoor-Motion-Sensor/1001852440

1 Like

Ahh.. No this is part of their lighting stuff which is a whole different thing.. I’m not even sure what protocol it is using