[RELEASE] Resilient & Comprehensive My Ecobee Devices (tstat and switch) and ecosystem V6 - now available with Hubitat optimized code

Hi @guarddog13, I'm sorry but I cannot offer discount as the volume of Hubitat users is way less than the one for ST users.

I've optimized the code for Hubitat (with enhanced caching) , and it took me a lot of efforts, including the required testing on the platform.

Regards

Hi. Can you confirm this works with the new ecobee smart thermostat premium that came out recently with the air quality and Alexa speaker built in?

Thank you

Hi, all ecobee thermostats use the same ecobee APIs, and there's nothing in the change log that indicates anything different for the latest model.

https://www.ecobee.com/home/developer/api/documentation/v1/operations/hierarchy/getting-started-management-set-hierarchy.shtml

Regards

1 Like

ecobeeApproved
Hi,

A contribution fee is required due to the amount of work for the design, development, and testing of the devices (equivalent of a few cups of coffee).

You can download the code at my store:
www.ecomatiqhomes.com/hubitatstore

My ecobee device

New Release

• The new version of MyEcobeeDevice (v6.4) corrects the supportedThermostatModes and supportedThermostatFanModes attributes in order for them to be compatible with Hubitat's dashboards.
  • All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing device's code under the IDE and save.

Related "complimentary" smartapps at my github (see all use cases supported below):

• All Hubitat thermostat capabilities are exposed for easier integration with Rule Engines (Rule Machine, WebCore or others)

• My Ecobee device takes full advantage of the ecobee features, and does not create temporary holds for no reason.

• You can leverage my ecosystem of smartapps which was mostly built upon the following principle: ecobee is responsible for the scheduling and Hubitat manages any exceptions to your regular schedules (ex. you're away when you are usually at home, or back home when you're usually away).

Regards,

Hello,
I recently purchased an ecobee premium with air quality monitoring. I cant figure out how to access the "Air quality" information specifically through my hubitat. I have successfully "integrated" the ecobee into my hubitat but cannot see "Air quality" info listed in any of the data, only temp and humidity. At this point I literally have to go to the thermostat itself and look or open the ecobee app to see that information. I have emailed ecobee for more info. I purchased this thermostat with the hopes to set up rules in hubitat to be able to say turn on a fan when my CO2 levels get too high. As you understand the coding behind this thing, is this a possibility currently or something I need to bug ecobee about?

**Update - ecobee support has advised the following.
"Unfortunately, ecobee thermostat premium for air quality does not yet have the capabilities to integrate with hubitat system. However, I would be happy to put one as a feature request. We would also like you to contact hubitat and ask them to work with us on this as well."

Just thougth I'd drop a shout out to @yracine66 in the thread. I had a weird situation, and he worked it realtime with me by email. A few test driver versions later, working flawlessly. Thanks!

1 Like

Will this driver work with an Ecobee EMS thermostat?

Hi @Double6, those thermostats now use a different set of APIs. They are no longer supported on the open ecobee APIs.

Regards