[RELEASE] Resilient & Comprehensive My Ecobee Devices (tstat and switch) and ecosystem V6 - now available with Hubitat optimized code

Here is the error in the logs

app:672021-10-24 01:32:06.804 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot execute null+1 on line 1676 (method authPage)

app:672021-10-24 01:32:06.653 pm errorauthPage() exception java.lang.RuntimeException: OAuth is not enabled for this App, not able to create access token, probable cause: oAuth is not enabled for MyEcobeeInit smartapp

How can I enable OAuth?

Hi,

Please refer to step 2 in the Readme.

There is even some screenshots at the community wiki.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Init#Issue_.231:_I_don.27t_know_how_to_create_a_custom_smartapp

Regards

1 Like

As far as I can tell I followed section 2. I get the app to ask me questions but fails out at the point where I a suppose to authorize.

2) Create a new smartapp (My ecobee Init)

go to http://192.168.xx.xx/app/list (insert your own hub's IP address)

a) Hit the "+New App" at the top right corner

b) Copy and paste the code from the corresponding txt file in the zip

c) Hit the save button on the right inside of the screen

d) Make sure to enable OAuth in Smartapp is active (click oAuth in the upper right corner)

• Hit "Update" at the bottom

If the instructions above are not clear enough, you can refer to the troubleshooting section below with some pictures:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Init#Issue_.231:_I_don.27t_know_how_to_create_a_custom_smartapp

There is no reference to d) oAuth in the upper right corner. If I click on it is show me this.

Go to App Events Export/Import/Clone

MyEcobeeInitUser Created App

Settings

No Settings are set.

Event Subscriptions

No Event Subscriptions are set.

Application State

Name Value

hub Hubitat
Scheduled Jobs

No Scheduled Jobs are set.

Nothing is clickable. Maybe your app is no longer compatible to 2.2.9.140 on a C7?

Hi @silverton38 , I have a C7 with the latest version, and everything works as described in the Readme.

Please follow all the steps in the Readme, and especially, the following.
There is still an oAuth button in the App code submenu of the IDE. You then need to click
on the smartapp and you should see its code and the oAuth button in the upper right corner.

2) Create a new smartapp (My ecobee Init)

go to http://192.168.xx.xx/app/list (insert your own hub's IP address)

a) Hit the "+New App" at the top right corner

b) Copy and paste the code from the corresponding txt file in the zip

c) Hit the save button on the right inside of the screen

d) Make sure to enable OAuth in Smartapp is active (click oAuth in the upper right corner)

• Hit "Update" at the bottom

If the instructions above are not clear enough, you can refer to the troubleshooting section below with some pictures:

Regards.

1 Like

Where is the OAuth screen on this app. Here is a picture of the app.

If I hit the icon in the top right hand corner as you directed. Then I get this. There are no clickable options.

Are you sure you have this running in the latest Hubitat?

You’re looking in the wrong place. @yracine66 was kind enough to create a help/troubleshooting page with screenshots that he has linked to above.

I was only following your instructions. I will look at the screen shots see if I missed something and report back.

P.S. I have installed several apps and drivers and I have multiple Hubitats.

I figured out what was wrong.

Your d) in your instructions should read

d) Make sure to enable OAuth in "Apps Code" is active (click oAuth in the upper right corner)

Since Smartapp does not exist on Hubitat I was assuming your were referring to "Apps"

This small correction will prevent people in the future from being confused.

Thank you for your assistance

1 Like

I am previously using your SmartThings Ecobee code and paid for the license on your website. However I am not transitioning from ST to Hubitat and just wondering if I can swap my license from the ST to Hubitat or would I have to pay the $30 all over again to use your Hubitat software?

Hi, the code base is different as I had to optimize it for the Hubitat platform.

And, don't forget that the UI for the Hubitat platform is totally different.

Regards

1 Like

Hey.

Okay I understand. I just thought I’d ask as all of that is well beyond my understanding. I’ll see how (if) I’m happy with the default Hubitat option for a bit and get more familiar before I make a decision. I just got the system yesterday so I’m not the faintest bit familiar at this time.

Thanks.

Hi, in your case, if you have already contributed to the ecobee bundle, you'd need to download only MyEcobee device with remote sensors (if any) for Hubitat as the zoning smartapp (contrary to the ecobee driver) shares the same code base (i.e. few UI changes, no code optimization).

Regards.

Salut!

I downloaded and installed the "My EcoBee Bundle for Hubitat" for two thermostats with one external sensor for each thermostat. All thermostats and sensors are listed in the device list and they are reporting good values. I use the native integration since one year or so with success. Both thermostats are connected on the same HVAC with dampers. I also have an HRV connected to one of the thermostat.

By using the Ecobee bundle, I want to have more flexibility to control my thermostats with Hubitat:
1 - Synchronize the "call for fan" for air circulation between each thermostat instead of having random fan actuation;
2 - Synchronize the HRV with the circulation fan;
3 - Control the HRV with humidity sensors instead of the Ecobee minimum running time;
4 - Reduce fan circulation time and stop HRV during Hydro-Quebec peak periods.

#1 (and #4 in a limited way) might easily be controlled by Rule Machine.
For #2, I am just unable to control the HRV with any commands.
I tried the MonitorAndSetEcobeeHumidity Smartapp with a ridiculous low level humidity target to force the HRV to start, but nothing. It looks like that the HRV can't be controlled by Hubitat. Any recommendation on how I can control the HRV?

Regards,

Salut @sim.lacasse, if you want to control your HRV as a dehumidifier, then you can set it up as such in the ecobee settings at the tstat unit for the corresponding relay.

Refer to Help Centre

By doing so, you can then use any humidity sensors connected to Hubitat in your home to control your HRV/dehumidifier. You can use the MonitorAndSetEcobeeHumidity smartapp or call setDehumidifierLevel(level), dehumidifierOff(), dehumidifierOn() via RM to control your HRV/dehumidifier accordingly.

That's what I do at home for my HRV.

Otherwise, the only command available for a HRV thru the ecobee APIs is to set a mimimum ventilator time per hour. That's an ecobee API constraint (not related to my code per se), and this explains why it's the only setting available in the corresponding page in MonitorAndSetEcobeeHumidity for a HRV.

Regards.

@yracine66 any chance there's a discount for long time users of your ST integration? The built in version of this app is triggering severe loads on my hub. I was hoping to unload it onto HASS but the HAAS integration doesn't support the comfort modes.