[Release] Reliable Locks

haha no worries, just an odd edge case I found trying to cope with the god-awful z-wave implementation of the August Pro. I am using the new WiFi based drivers for august and yes, it is cloud based, but hey it actually works. But I wanted a plug and play solution so I would not have to adjust any rules or anything, since everything was using reliable locks already.

At the end of the day, it is not that big of a deal but just thought I would provide my findings.

1 Like

Appreciate it! I often say "well it's down the list pretty far" but then there comes a Saturday where my wife wants me to wash the dishes, and next thing you know... :wink:

2 Likes

Exactly the same on this end - The essence of human innovation boiled down to one simple scenario.

1 Like

@jwetzel1492 Just to say thanks for sharing. Hope it will solve my Schlage Lock state update issue.

1 Like

Just wanted to say thank you so much for this.. Installed this without issue using HPM.. My new Schlage BE469ZP often required lock/unlock twice on the device page before it performed the action.. I have a repeater next to the lock, and I had been pulling my hair out on how to get this lock to consistently respond, and this was the solution.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Hubitat Community!

Ditto, this app saved my BE469ZP locks as well! Did you enable the option to "Retry lock/unlock commands"? I tried with and without and had better luck when enabled.

@jwetzel1492 As I've found with my own app, not every device supports currentValue("battery"). You may want to add currentBattery as well.

lock1.currentValue("battery")
lock1.currentBattery

Haha! The Law of Leaky Abstractions – Joel on Software (Different Joel. Not me. But his blog is on point.)

Ok, I just published an update for the battery issue.

1 Like

@jwetzel1492 I use this for one of my door locks (my only smart lock) and it is flawless. I wish you made this for garage door openers too! Nice job!

1 Like

Hey @jwetzel1492 any idea why this virtual lock isn't supported by google home?

One of my main reasons of using this app was to keep from having like four different rules and a virtual switch for google.

Here is the line from the logs:
app:682021-04-09 09:52:09.784 pm warnThe following devices are not supported by Google Home and will be removed from your device list:[Reliable Front Door]

Ah. I see. Locks don't work with Google. I would suggest changing the instructions to remove the Google Home since that doesn't work. Thanks!

I created a pull request on the code to change this.

Are you using the in-built Google Home application? Or the community "Google Home Community" app ([Alpha] Community-maintained Google Home integration)? I use the latter, and can control my door lock from my Google Home Hub and phone.

@jwetzel1492: Wow, what a good piece of software ! I hated all my 3 Schlage Connect, they were working occasionnaly. I tried Reliable locks and did many tests and for now it is working like NEVER before ! Thank you so much.

2 Likes

You can always install a separate Battery tile. I have a separate Dashboard just with all the batteries.

Thanks for the great app. Its a game changer with respect to my four locks. Just a quick question (and execuse my coding ignorance). I want to increase the number of times the app will retry to lock/unlock. To do this, do I change the 5 (circled below) to a higher number or is there another section in the code I should change? Thanks again!

No, that's an indication of the delay (in seconds) before that particular command will be run.

Thanks for that. Would the following be the value I need to change (circled). Cheers.

That’s correct.

Would it be possible to request this be a configurable parameter in your next release? Or is there a reason why it shouldn't be changed?