[Release] RainMachine Sprinkler Integration

This integration allows you to control your [RainMachine] irrigation controller from Hubitat. This is a port of the ST app/drivers ( Thanks to BRBeaird! ) which has been transitioned to work with Hubitat. You can access this from Hubitat Package Manager or on Github at https://github.com/bsileo/Hubitat_RainMachine

4 Likes

Great to see a release thread for this excellent integration. Congrats, Brad. :smiley:

I need to replace my 30-year-old controller. It seems like people LOVE RainMachine. I'd be interested in people's experience with the integration process.

Yes, Love my RainMachine...had it for over 4 years, never had a single issue w/it, a perfect "just works" device in my experience.

The integration is very simple to complete and also "just works" without issues.

I recommend both highly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh and one other thing I forgot to mention. The rain machine is mounted outside in a weatherproof box at the outside corner of the back of my house. So it's basically farther away from my AP than anything else I've connected to it, and it's been able to get and keep a connection to my wireless network.

It sounds like the best option for sprinklers. I have dropped a few hundred in a week - this HA stuff is crazy. Do you think they will go on sale for fall?

No idea, sorry. I bought mine in a rush when my old controller died. I had been researching for a bit, but the actual purchase couldn't wait for a sale. :slight_smile:

You can use Camelcamelcamel to see the price history of the unit you want.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/

Mine, for example - looks like late Spring is the best timing.

Used/Like New for $229 from Amazon Warehouse.

1 Like

Gents
Thank you very much for integrating the RainMachine to Hubitat. Really appreciated.
Using this useful integration ( via a basic RM 4 app) I was able to direct the dripping line to discharge the water from the house after closing the Dome valve as a result of a water leak. That reduced quicker the pressure and the volume of water inside the pipes which is quite a lot and it can be a nuisance if you have a multi-storey house and your water incident is on ground floor. Additional tests demonstrated that it really works in terms of minimising the accidental water spills inside the house while is not an issue if diverted into the garden.
Well done :+1:

2 Likes

While tile template are you using for this, Valve?

I am trying to integrate this into my setup, but I am receiving the following error:

org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to ...:8081 [/...] failed: Read timed out on line 68 (prefLogInWait)

Has anyone also encountered this?

Thanks...

I just bought a second RainMachine. It looks like this only supports one. Am I missing something or is there a way to use this with both at the same time. Thanks.

I am getting a similar issue, were you ever able to solve?

I did end up installing without errors, but I never did go ahead and schedule it. The errors in the beginning made me weary to rely on it.

I do remember that removing everything and starting from scratch using the defaults except the IP of the device worked. The current version I am running is dated 2020-08-04.