[RELEASE] Rachio Community (dashboard + hose timers)

What version of the app and device drivers are you running?

Rachio Community: V2.0.5
Rachio Controller: V2.0.3
Rachio Zone: V2.0

I changed my dashboard zone1 as a switch. when I open it, I have this error:

Please update to the latest version, 2.0.6. That should fix the errors you are seeing related to the missing zoneId or duration. Let me know if you still have issues after that.

1. Update via HPM or manually copy new code for the app and all drivers
  2. Go into the app and click "Done"
  3. If still seeing errors after that, re-install the app
  4. If still seeing errors after that, let me know.

Thanks for the quick update.
Reinstalled through HPM to V 2.0.6: the result is the same: no activity (switch is stuck sending)

Because, I still see errors, I'll uninstall and reinstall everything from the scratch and try to rerun.
Won't do it right now, later in the day. Thanks for your work and feedback

M.

Did you open the app after updating and hit "Done"? You'll need to do that in order for the zone to pull in the default zone run duration value from the controller.

Success! It appears to me that a Rachio zone isn't fully populated or controllable until it has been included in a Rachio schedule (not a quick run) at least once. When I did that the Current States on the device page expanded as shown below, and valve state, etc. were and continued to be accurate.

So .. I've now got an Orbit Garden Hose timer that Rachio thinks is one of its zones (using a Hubitat rule to mirror), and thus it obeys weather skips, can be scheduled in Rachio, and more importantly, coordinates with my other sprinkler zones so only one runs at a time.

2 Likes

Cool! Thanks for sharing. Interesting use case.

just ran an automated schedule (10 minutes) for zone 1 as @HAL9000 proposed .
This is the harvested info.
No differences after (still errors), the behavior is still the same (but the HE app reflect the actual state of the Rachio App schedule)
I didn't remove entirely the app as asked (will do it later and rerun this).

Spent a good time setting this app but now all is working as expected with a Rachio 3e (8 zones).
Very important (and Justin will probably manage to explain this): you need to run a separate schedule for each zone with the Rachio App (cloud) before using his HE app without problems.

Very nice app that enhance the built-in Rachio App :smiley: :man_dancing: :+1:

Decided it was time to give this another try. I'd installed before and although it said I was connected and my controller and all my zones appeared it never seemed to update. I could run a zone in the ratio app and the status never showed in HE. Trying to run a zone from HE produced nothing.
Built-in Rachio app has been removed, I also used HPM to remove the app and drivers. Installed again from HPM and still the same. Looked at the log for Rachio Community and it showed this:

app:2922020-09-07 04:24:17.190 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.hubitat.hub.executor.AppExecutor.error() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException) values: [exception polling children:, groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Long#minus. Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between: [class java.lang.Character] [class java.lang.Number]] Possible solutions: render(), getLog(), now(), grep(), iterator(), every() on line 1088 (poll)

(I can supply a full log if that helps, but this one just stood out).

Tried to turn on a zone in HE and got this:

Here's how my dashboard looks. the graphic is nice but nothing else is responsive.

Any suggestions where I go next?

Many thanks in Advance.

Steve

Please PM me with a screenshot of your controller device page and a zone device page, to see which attributes have values populated. Also please tell me which version you have installed. We'll figure it out.

Rachio Community users, what use cases have you found for using the newly exposed next run time, last run time, or rain sensor state?

1 Like

PPz - forgive my ignorant newbie question, but how did you generate the "schedule" tile at the bottom center?

This schedule is a dashboard attribute of the Rachio
Go to your desired dashboard, add a tile, select your rachio device, attribute and select dashboard.
that will show your schedule !

OR atrribute and select tile01 for the dashboard with the information.

He might mean this one

Sorry,
I replied a little bit too fast...
I create this tile with Tile Master from @bptworld
the 8 valves (zone1 - switch) + Rachio Watering variable + the Rachio NextEvent message

Thanks. Tile Master looks great; time to work on configuring it.

Hi,
Iā€™m seeing several errors appear in the logs. The devices in the first 6 lines from the top correspond to the 6 zones I have setup in the app.
dev:108 is the Rachio controller.
Iā€™m on the latest version installed through HPM.
Any advice on how to troubleshoot the errors?
Thank you.

I added some code to help debug this. Please update to the latest version, enable debug logging, and press 'ok' with live logging to see what output is given. The error for the zones will still be there, but the error for the controller will be gone if the issue is what I think it is - in its place will be output that will help determine the underlying problem, which I believe is your controller/zone is not able to fetch the time of the next run or the last run.