[RELEASE] Presence Plus - Creates a combined presence device

@bptworld can you take another look at the app? I have been having issues with the app ever since it was updated to 1.1.0. I feel like there is still something not right with the not present logic. I have 4 different types of presence sensors (ST presence sensor, BT sensor, WiFi and Hubitat app) aggregated by Presence Plus and have set the not present to trigger when two of the four sensors are not present. There can be two or even three sensors not present and it will not trigger. I know that @project003 has been having similar issue to me as well. Thank you.

Sure, but I need a debug log (screenshot - not from a cell phone. :wink:) to look at.

I will grab those tomorrow when my wife and I go to work. Just hanging at the house on a lazy Sunday.
Thanks for your help.

I have noticed it has not been triggering as well. If I do a single sensor it is more consistent but once I add the others in I very rarely register as leaving or arriving. I haven’t been able to pull any log yet but will next time I leave and arrive. It started for me after the last update. I even deleted my combined presence instance and added it back.

I want to clarify, the individual presence sensors register but just not the combined.

A question about the logic/flow. If I have the same 4 presence sensors aggregated together for both present and not present, the switch set to off(for or), and none of the other options chosen, then would I always be “present” as long as one of them shows present or does it evaluate on a change to/from present?

This was happening to me too. My problem turned out to be that I had set the app to update the presence status every 1 minute, but had also set the app to delay setting "Not Present" by 90 seconds. That made it to where the app never set "Not Present", because the 1 minute refresh always interrupted the delayed "Not Present". So, as a troubleshooting step, make sure you don't have delays set for arriving or departing events. Or, if you do, that they are shorter than the refresh interval.

I haven’t set any times for any delays or anything. In checking for that I did see that I have my wife’s set to use HomeKit presence for “present” and combine HomeKit, Wi-Fi, Life360, and the Hubitat app for “not-present”. Her seems to work. That leads me to think I have it setup wrong based on my question above. It looks like I might have set myself in a perpetual present situation. Originally I had mine set up to where any would trigger present but any 3 would trigger not present. That worked for a while then stopped when I updated the last time.

New version...

1.1.3 - 08/26/21 - Adjustments

Sadly I did not see a difference in how the app behaves. Still would not mark me as departed even after 2 of the 4 presence sensors said not present. I can send you some more logs if that would help. Thanks.

1 Like

Yup, always need new logs after changes.

Thanks

Did the additional logs I sent help at all? Anything else on my end that I could show you or try? Thanks.

Patience, this is a hobby not a job. When I have the time, I look at the code. I've already made some changes but need to make some more and then test.

2 Likes

New version...

1.1.4 - 09/04/21 - Changes to the logic

Be sure to go into each child app and make sure things look right and then hit 'done' to save the new configuration. If things don't work right, be sure to post your debug log.

Thanks

2 Likes

I have been testing the new changes and the app seems to be more reliable and consistent than the previous versions. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi!

To confirm, the Hub (c7) will try and ping the address I put into this field?

If I have multiple phones (thus multiple IPs), is that supported? If so, how would I separate the addresses in this field?

Thanks! :blush:

This is the first time Bondkt has posted...

Welcome to Hubitat!

Yes

Each phone would need it's own child app.

thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome!

That makes sense; thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

How hard would it be to add some timers to PP? For instance, I would like each child presence sensor to be in the same state for at least X seconds or minutes before the parent virtual sensor changed state.

Or putting it another way... change "house occupied" to "not present" only after "person one presence" and "person two presence" have both been "not present" for at least 5 minutes.

complicated! Added it to the list but no guarantees.