[RELEASE] Presence Plus - Creates a combined presence device

Here are the logs for the first issue where it does not consider or follow the AND with x number of triggers.
As you can see there where three triggers but not until all of them where triggered and it would not change the Presence Plus sensor until then.

Presence Plus DEBUG

Presence Plus Messaging

Life360 Sensor

Hubitat Sensor

Wi-Fi Sensor

Network Detection Sensor

The issue I’m trying to overcome is that some phone’s (Android and iOS devices), if the power level is low it causes issues with GEO fencing. LF360 can overcome some of this, to a point on android; iOS it acts differently on different models. With Hubitat there seems to be less you can do with it from Mobile phone standpoint. Thus, when the devices power (battery level) gets down to a certain point; it will not detect location. You will have a “stuck” location and some phones don’t recover well, even after you charge them. Thus, the other two sensors. Since, I was getting in consistent results I was attempting to do this function two different ways. Either have the Unifi AP tell me when the device hits or drops; or probe the device when it is on the network or dropped from the network. I would like to provide my logic, reasons and what I was trying to over come by doing this. I hope you don’t mind. I would like you to understand why I’m being detail about the timing of things. I’m not trying to be difficult. Thank you again.

I misread your statement about debugging for the second issue. When that issue occurs, there isn’t anything in the DEBUG logs. What was captured was me just resaving the enabling of the DEBUG setting. It wasn't that it wasn't enabled. Debugging has been enabled the whole time. When unknow triggered event happens there is NOTHING in the debug only the messaging. Since, there wasn't anything the DEBUG I did something to write to that log to make sure it was working.

Just checking if you had seen anything. Thanks again.

Show me a screenshot of how you have it setup and tell me what the problem may be? I don't need to know what the devices are or what they do outside of HE. I just need to know what THIS app isn't doing that you think it should be.

Thanks

Bryan,
Just so you understand what I did. PPS didn't detect one of the sensors. Either the MAC or the or the Wi-Fi (Unifi). I created V-sensor and created a rule that toggles that sensor (network Combined). On departure 2 of the 3 sensors should have triggered the departure. Combined and Life360 sensors. Hubitat (stuck as present). She get a new phone and I need to makes changes to the application. However, it will not trigger until the all sensors are not present. Even though it is set to 2.

Please, let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Please show me a debug log of this happening.

I did. Above. but the debug didn't capture anything because app didn't do anything.

Didn't change

Issue is the Debug log isn't showing anything. I go in and make sure that the debug log is enabled. I Save anyway and this then you get you what you see above.

Please, I'm trying to provide whatever you want but there are things that aren't there to provide to you. Let me know if this helps. Thanks,

Setting for Arrival.

All Logs for everything.

2 out of the three sensors where present. it wasn't until all where present it would trigger.

I don't have any other logs to show you. Thanks,

Just started using this, I was getting false triggers with combined presence app. Life360 with states wasn't playing well with it.

@bptworld Working good so far, any chance you could add notification in the app like combined presence app has? No biggie if not but I think it would be useful.

Thanks for giving it a try. Notifications are not in the cards for this one. This is just to set presence. Plenty of other apps out there to do 'stuff' with this data. :wink:

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

1.0.7 - 09/24/20 - Lots of Adjustments

Not sure if anyone's brought this up before but there is a typo in the app settings for "Used Advanced Arrival Options":

1 Like

Thanks, Fixed. :sunglasses:

@bptworld I am trying to install this from Hubitat Package Manager and it's installing 1.0.1. In addition to installing an older version (I assume, since you posted in September that version 1.0.7 has been posted), I am also getting an error message when I try to add a child app, error 404.

" Child app not found for namespace: BPTWorld and name: Presence Plus Child

The Page requested could not be found

If you are seeing this screen repeatedly, please contact Support. For assistance, email support@hubitat.com or go to community.hubitat.com."

I'm not sure what's going on, but I tried a repair, and an uninstall and reinstall with the same result.

I just installed a fresh copy on another hub using HPM and everything worked perfect.

1.0.1 is the Parent app version, so that is correct.

Be sure you are on the latest version of HPM and also the latest HE update.

@bptworld Thank you for taking the time to respond. I ended up having to manually copy the code from github and updating the existing 3 (2 apps and driver) in order to get rid of the 404 error. And after I was finally able to successfully open and create a child instance, I saw that, indeed, the parent is the version 1.0.1, and the child is the higher version.

I suspect I'm still back to square one, no fault of the app at all. Life360 is hammering my battery, and the wifi instance won't work because for some reason my phone is ignoring the reserved IP address.

I appreciate your response. Keep up the great work. As a user who has moved over from SmartThings, I appreciate ALL that this community is doing to make HE home automation fun, productive and reliable.

Your phone likely has randomize mac enabled in the wifi settings. On android:

1 Like

It’s a new “feature” to disable tracking of the device. On the iPhone its under Settings|WiFi click on the connection information and turn off Private IP

2 Likes

@lewis.heidrick YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT and I never would have figured this out if you hadn't posted that! This community is so awesome. It wasn't even a dedicated thread to the question about the wifi functionality! I initially selected your post as solution, but I think technically since this was about the combined presence in general it isn't the solution to that. However, you just made my day and I really appreciate it!

@thebearmay thank you also. I'm on Android, but if anyone searches they may find this thread and will see the solution for either scenario if they can't get the wifi static IP configured.

1 Like

Can you add the ability to use contact sensors as presence sensors, please? I use a pressure sensor mat wired to an EcoLink zwave contact sensor that I would like to use with your app.

I created a dinky little app to let me combine contact sensors into presence devices. Feel free to use any code/logic if you want to incorporate it.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/heidrickla/Hubitat/main/Apps/Combined%20Contact%20Sensors%20to%20Presence%20Device/Combined%20Contact%20Sensors%20to%20Presence%20Device.groovy

Give this version a try. It's not fully tested so let me know how you make out. :wink:

1.0.8 - 03/13/21 - Added Contacts as a Presence option

1 Like