[Release] Plex Communicator V3

You need to go in to the Plex server and paste the webhook value in, unfortunately Plex don't allow automatic updates of this value.

Ahhhhh yeah, that did it lol. I didn't know I had to add it to Plex, but looking back it makes total sense lol.

So now when I go into the Device on Hubitat it does show that it's playing and shows the media tip and title. Thanks!

1 Like

Moving some things over from SmartThings this weekend and Plex was on the shortlist. In case this helps anyone else, I had to restart my Plex server (v1.20.0.3133) after saving the webhook for it start working. I haven't had to restart the Plex server for new webhooks before, but that did the trick.

2 Likes

What network port is used for the plex webhook functionality?

80 on hubitat, but why are you asking?

Because my Hubitat is on a separate VLAN, and trying to figure which ports to let through. Do you which ports are used on the Plex side? I saw ports 11000-12000 being used in resource monitor but not sure how wide the range is

Should only need to open up 32400 for plex I think, but that might just need to be for WAN, not sure about LAN across VLANs as haven't tried yet

I keep getting this log error. Can you help me?
app:1682020-11-01 11:02:25.128 am errorsomething went wrong: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in authority at index 7: http://192.168.1.109 : 32400 :32400/status/sessions

Looks like you have put the port in the IP field? The port is showing twice?

Thank you.

Is there away to see Chromecast devices as players or am I just missing something else? I have 2 and neither shows in the settings.

Have you tried playing something on the Chromecast then refresh the devices list? If that doesn't work then make sure you play from your primary account.. fairly certain Chromecast works, but Plex isn't consistent on how devices are shown... If you can see it in Plex under my devices on your primary account then it should show, if not then the issue is on the Plex side of things..

Managed to get them to work by uninstalling the app, then having them playing while reinstalling it. They are named the same so that produced a lot of errors in the logs. I have renamed in device setting with hopes that fixes it.

Thank you for your support

Ok I'd be interested to see the errors you are getting, having the same name shouldn't cause any issues, as it uses the unique ID not the name..

@andrew_bethel can you delete your reply there is information in there that shouldn't be shared, I'll take a look later to see if I can work out what is going on

I've just looked at the code and there should be no way to get that error unless you have reinstalled the app without first deleting the devices, it checks prior to trying to add if the device is existing in the app, but will only track if it's added in the same install, not past installs..

The resolution would be to remove the device from your devices list then add via the app, let me know if the playback is working though across different devices

Is this driver just called "Plex Communicator" on the Hubitat Package Manager? I couldn't find it by searching.

Did you figure how to set tv show and movie and get plex to tell you what is playing.
@jebbett

@jebbett
I see when I am on the plex communicator devices
A whole lot of attributes with regards to play track
Next and so on. What url do they request.

Also I see no info about how the communicator knows if its a movie or TV show.

Any way of distinguishing this

Sorry I haven't been getting notifications.. You probably already worked it out but no, you need to manually add the driver from the github link in the first post.. This is not available on package manager.

@j.dechlan, It's all there:
trackDescription gives the title of what's playing
playbackType will tell you if it's an episode (TV), movie etc.
status gives you the play state

You can see the current value if you open the device on the right hand side..