[RELEASE] Petsafe Smart Feeder Integration

Right. I'll keep experimenting then, as this one in the screenshot (null) yields no result.

Thanks for your help (and for the driver) this far!

Anything in the logs? It shouldn’t be null once a feeding occurs.

Nope. Nothing.
That attribute didn't show up in the device either, under Current States (hence my confusion around the attribute).

I have just un- and re-installed the package through HPM, so will wait to see if it all populates properly on the next feeding. I don't want to mess with the schedule just yet.

Hopefully this will make a difference with the notifications too (they have been a little inconsistent with the feedings).

What problem are you having with notifications? It’s not going to fix that. In fact that’s probably the root cause. This attribute gets updated when a notification gets sent. So if it’s not sent, the attribute won’t work either.

I'm completely rewriting the feeding detection logic. Going to test with the next few feedings for me. Think I found a better way to do it that will be more reliable.

I'm not getting them consistently - more recently (2 or 3 days), not at all.
I didn't give this much thought, and it didn't bother me, as my end goal is not to have notifications for feeds.
I had turned them off on the Android app, so perhaps that changed things - turning the app notifications back on did nothing at the HE end though.

Still not populating the null value.

Awesome. Let me know if you need another tester.

Just pushed it out, can you give it a try? I was noticing feeding notifications could be missed if they happened at the same exact second as when I was checking. I'm hoping this resolves that.

This morning's feed notification (Pushover) came through, and lastFeedingTime has now populated for the first time.
Will let you know as it goes on, but seems good for now. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems to be consistent. Good work, and thanks for the help.

I'm sure this is nothing of concern, but the "unsure what this is" has me intrigued.

That's because I am unsure what it is :slight_smile: I added logging to see if I could see anything from the details, but you can see the payload is null so no insight. I'll probably just remove the log message. It seems like it's useless.

1 Like

Hey, so this has been working mostly without issue.

I missed a notification this morning, and the guys almost got a double-breakfast (definitely not needed!)
Checked the Smartfeed app and the feeding was logged, but did not push to the HE integration. The Smartfeed logs suggest that that had happened a couple of days ago too, but I didn't notice.

Not a major concern, especially if I can check the logs there before giving a manual feed (I also have a camera to check too).
We have also had internet issues lately, so that could be related, although it seems to be stable the last 24 hours. Its a shame we need their cloud, but such is life these days!

How has it been working for you?

Hmm anything in th logs? Even if the internet is down it should pick it up unless it was over 1 day old. I haven’t noticed any issues so far. I’ll take a look and see if I can spot any bugs but logs would be great if it says anything.

I missed it by a few hours so didn't catch anything in the logs. Plenty of "unsure what this is" messages :joy:

I'm removing that message. Just doing some testing, I think I might have found a situation that could still miss feeding notifications so I want to try it out for a few days before I publish it.

So tonight, it missed the fed notification, but got stuck in a loop cycle of pushing low-feed notifications. I topped up the food after the first notification.
Feeding is meant to happen at 7:00pm. Then my rule comes in at 7:05 if the feed was unsuccessful.
I've just turned off notifications through the Petsafe integration to stop the loop, but it appears that Alexa is still spitting out the announcements. I'm about to unplug my echo dots!

Here is the log from Pushover:

The repeating notifications should be fixed and (hopefully) the missed notifications too.

Just integrated this app,

So happy didn't think to integrate into my hubitat.

Im fairly new to hubitat. I know it sounds weird but i would like to get this app to work with my innovelli switches. Is that possible?

Would i use rule machine? any help or guidance would be appreciated!

Should be possible. Yeah, I don’t have any innovelli switches but you could use rule machine to do something like double tapping the switch triggers a button press on the feeder.

Yeah,

Thanks, i see the press button but how do i get that "press button to correlate to a pre determined amount of food to come out?

silly!!!!!!!!

i see setting it up in devices, correlates that push button!

1 Like