[RELEASE] Patterns Plus - Create custom patterns with the Lifx Light Strip (and more)

Awesome!

For now yes. You can always install another instance of the parent app to control other strips. BUT, let me think about the best way to add more devices to the new code.

Great, looking forward to see what you'll come up with !

In preparation for the new version, please EXPORT all of your patterns. Once you update the app, the old version will NOT work but you will be able to convert each of your patterns to the new format.

The new version will be out in a couple of days. It's done, just going to give people a little time to export the patterns.

@yannick00000, new app supports up to 100 zones. Will that work for you? :grin:

Yes, Lifx as a maximum of 80 zones (10 strips).

2 Likes

New MAJOR update on Github... and a new name: Patterns Plus

1.1.0 - Major upgrade

Hi, is this still available? I've looked everywhere on your github with no luck and your link in the second post is returning a 404. Thanks in advance

Hi,
PP is now in Bundle Manager

Thanks

2 Likes

@bptworld Bryan I notice in the app you mention the future possibility of adding custom colors. Love this app for a variety of use cases that would become eminently more doable if color choice was RGB, HSL, or the like. Is this in the cards?

1 Like

New version...

1.1.3 - 09/03/22 - Added custom color option

I didn't test this so let me know if it blows up! :boom: :grinning:

1 Like

One of these days, Iā€™d love to understand how you do it. Not how you code; how you find the time.

Like many others around here, Iā€™m incredibly grateful for your efforts. Will beta test and revert to you.

2 Likes

Bryan, started to play with custom color, but I think Iā€™m missing something simple. Once you specify custom color for a given zone or group, it gives you options for level and delay, as expected. But how/where do you specify the custom color?

1 Like

1.1.4 - 09/04/22 - Custom color attempt two

1 Like

Looks like this is working perfectly, cheers. Will circle back if I notice anything odd.

1 Like

@bptworld Bug: Setting things up.

Click device master list and click one device

Click Select device and pick device

Click Test Device switch get error

Log

App is completely pooched until removed and re-added to hubitat.

A debug log would help :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Definitely something screwy going on there. I just installed a fresh copy to compare your screenshot and yours has several fields missing. Please try a fresh copy from Bundle Manager to see if this fixes it.

Thanks

I did that. Removed, deleted the apps code (both main and child) and then reinstalled from bundle manager. Same thing I only screenshotted the lower part

I re-uploaded the bundle to Github.

PLEASE download the bundle again. Everything is there.

1 Like

Same thing... deleted from apps code, reinstalled from bundle manager, repeated steps above. I don't know if it helps but the bulb is a Lifx bulb.