[RELEASE] Other Hub SmartThings Integration 2.0

Pretty sure that won’t work since it doesn’t leave a dedicated connection to call back to (unless I read it wrong). TeamViewer and ngrok work because they initiate a connection to an endpoint I can tunnel back through it. Carrier NAT grrr.

I tried setting up softether and their azure VPN service, but couldn’t get it to work.

Anyway, my hubitat arrives tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Update : got my hub, and added a few motion sensors. Added all the otherhub code, and the sensors showed up in ST classic. Yeah! Update time is pretty quick, and I was even getting motion updates through a cell connection (hubitat to router to wifi client to phone hotspot). Going to test 2 way connectivity tomorrow to make sure a switch on the hubitat can be controlled by ST.

(While I was writing this, it fixed itself, but FYI in case anyone runs into this)

I've added a WeMo switch in Hubitat, and it works great.

In the Other Hub Event Pusher app, I added the switch - Porch - as an actuator, sensor, and Switch device.
Refresh is every 5 mins.
Real-time integration and delayed push are enabled.
Push events for Motion and switch are set to push to ST as they happen.

OH-Porch was NOT showing up in the ST Classic app. I tried everything to force a refresh, but nothing changed. Over time (10 - 15 mins), it showed up as a device.

I can see my switch in ST Classic, and I can turn it on and off. If I do it too quickly (~ 10 secs between switching), it will register a false state, but eventually correct itself. If not, a swipe-dwon refresh will refresh the status.

For me, this is pretty awesome. I'm controlling a Hubitat, through a janky LTE connection (1 bar), and the latency is pretty decent.

I'm feeling my Vera's days are numbered!

Just got my HE yesterday. Did some porting over from smartthings (non critical stuff). Installed Other Hub and it worked as intended. Went to remove it as it just wasn’t going to be beneficial for me currently.
Now I can’t remove it. I’ve removed every associated with it in the HE apps section no problem. In ST I can’t remove any devices. Get an error (see attached screen shot). Can’t remove the smart app because it says devices are still in use. Any one have any ideas?

Can you delete the app through the IDE?

No. That’s when I get the that its installed by one or more users.

Have you tried deleting it using the mobile app.

1 Like

Yes. Get the red banner saying an error has occurred

I just realized that your screenshot is the code screen and you can't remove code until the app is removed.

Open the app in the IDE, it should be shown on the hub or location screen, and then delete it.

ST automatically deletes child devices when the smart app is deleted so as long as those devices aren't being used by other SmartApps you shouldn't be getting an error.

Went in that way and still get the "There was an error uninstalling your SmartApp."

Finally got it. Not sure what i did differently. Uninstalled all the devices and it magically worked this time.

1 Like

Is it normal all my devices appear as motion sensors? Thermostats, temperature, humidity sensors all motion sensors.. switchs appear to be smart plugs which I guess is ok

I had that happen IIRC. Your can change the DTH through IDE to whatever it's supposed to be.

I installed this and can see my HE devices in ST. however i cannot control them from ST.. i tried both recommendations:

" If you find that you’re unable to control your hubitat devices from SmartThings, click the ‘Send Hubitat Url to SmartThings’ button. If that doesn’t fix it then click the ‘Refresh Hubitat Url’ link."

no luck, any idea?

What does logging show in ST and Hubitat?

You just posted the token, which should be kept private, so go into both apps and refresh them.

In Hubitat, what's the device network id of that device shown in the log?

1 Like

thanks you just led me to notice the issue.. there was a space in the id, remove the space, and it now works

Just setting up my HE and wanted to make sure to sync new devices to ST.

I set everything up, but my one zigbee switch I'm testing it with won't appear in ST. It is a Securifi Peanut. It seems set up in HE, and I just had to change the device type from Device to Generic Zigbee Switch to get it to appear as an option in Other Hub, but now it isn't being brought over to ST.

In the logs I see:

8533936b-afa8-47f6-9f1c-f1c5465031f9 2:44:07 AM: debug Device - Missing Data(attributes: null, capabilities: null)

8533936b-afa8-47f6-9f1c-f1c5465031f9 2:44:07 AM: trace updateChildDeviceData: Device

8533936b-afa8-47f6-9f1c-f1c5465031f9 2:44:07 AM: trace api_refreshDevices()

8533936b-afa8-47f6-9f1c-f1c5465031f9 2:44:07 AM: debug Device - Missing Data(attributes: null, capabilities: null)

8533936b-afa8-47f6-9f1c-f1c5465031f9 2:44:07 AM: trace updateChildDeviceData: Device

8533936b-afa8-47f6-9f1c-f1c5465031f9 2:44:07 AM: trace api_refreshDevices()

8533936b-afa8-47f6-9f1c-f1c5465031f9 2:43:31 AM: trace api_updateOtherHubUrl

8533936b-afa8-47f6-9f1c-f1c5465031f9 2:41:48 AM: debug getChildDevices(false), children=0

Any ideas on what the missing link is?

Does that device's details screen show a value for "switch" in the right column?

Sorry, I'm just getting started on HE moving over from ST. Where should I see the value "switch"?

Should this be in the Device Information section once I dig down into that device in the devices menu? If so, are you referencing the Device Type value? That is Generic Zigbee Switch.

Thanks for the help!