[RELEASE] of Tuya local Generic Window Blind driver

I see a few people are looking for local (i.e. no cloud) solutions for tuya, and I have gotten a few requests around Window Blind driver. I do not own a tuya window blind myself hance developing a driver has been challenging. But thanks to @vitaliy_kh 's request and later testing the current driver should work for Graywind Motorized Vertical Blinds. As @vitaliy_kh has pointed out in this tread Custom Driver Abnormal Behavior it still has some bugs I haven't been able to figure out as, already pointed out, I do not have the hardware to test on. But if someone else find it useful, here you go:

3 Likes

I confirm the driver works great for my wifi window blind. Thank you so much for your work.
Any chance you can make one for color light bulb?

Update:
Homebridge doesn't see any device under Window Shades selection. It does when I use Tuya IoT Platform (Cloud) driver though. If I add the shade under "Others" (only field that see my shades), Homekit shows device not supported.

It would be interesting to give it a go. Do you have the "status" message from the bulb? (see step 12 and 6 in the Quick Summary? I need some information on the endpoints.

I suspect that a capability "WindowShade" needs to be added to my driver for it to be able to be picked up by all Apps/functions. It seems like those two capabilities are somewhat overlapping, and no clear definition on when to use one or the other. Given the required functions is seems that WindowShade is a sub-set of the Window Blind, so they can co-exist in the same driver.

Download the Hubitat app