[RELEASE] OctoPrint Driver to Manage Jobs

The attribute tile is what you want. You will see the attributes reflect correct values when you are printing something. If there is nothing being printed, then the attributes get reset to their default values.

Here is my dedicated dashboard for octoprint using the attribute tiles:

i am using the DisplayLayerProgress addon in octoprint and have that preference enabled in the hubitat driver to get the DLP values from the addon. The "completion" attribute is the % done for your current print. so it should be 0 if you are not printing anything.

1 Like

That looks very cool, but I’m not sure what I’m looking at. Is that a big video screen with Hubitat tiles on top of it?

Also, I thought the app had been updated to get readings even when not printing? A few posts below the OP I thought there was a comment that reflected that with some sort of updated code?

I did a pull request to the original authors code and added some features.

I have the background of my dashboard using the video from my octoprint so i can see the current status of the print, this may be a custom driver I made, but cant remember the details right now. [edit, its using the iFrame device driver, and creating an iframe for the video window from the octoprint web server]

I meant to direct your attention to the tiles on the right side of the screen. those are just attribute tiles showing different attributes of the octoprint device. you should be able to add those to any dashboard.

Is it possible to send a firmware_restart command (or any console command really)? I'd like to have it reconnect to the MCU after it detects that my printer's smart switch has been toggled on.

@tofu it would need to be supported by the API. I don't see a firmware_restart in the API, if you have a link I could look at it. I did add a command to tell octoprint to try and connect to the printer.

@mike10 Thanks for the reply!

I was actually using your driver with Fluidd instead of octoprint. Since all the "current states" and "state variables" were functioning, I had assumed all of the other features were working as well. It appears that's not the case. Looks like this alternate Klipper UI would need a completely different plugin. Thanks anyway!

Probably a few years too late, but I found this post yesterday and had the same problem, so I wrote a Klipper/Fluidd version:

Not too late at all! I moved on from HE to home assistant, but I still use the HE hub for radios and odd devices. Thanks! I'll give this a go sometime this week :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.